Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rubber tee with adjustable height

Go down 
+12
pug
daveaha
vyvy
ralphlim
Seiko
Mizzman
chemicalpro
Technospaz
GadgetGuy
Lamts18
JonL_TK
nrafee
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

Rubber tee with adjustable height - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubber tee with adjustable height   Rubber tee with adjustable height - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:49 pm

Thanks for pic poundpuppy.. i will buy mine on friday and upload the pic.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Rubber tee with adjustable height   Rubber tee with adjustable height - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:02 am

That's the best version of the lot I think. It's got two little spikes to hold itself against the mat so it won't twist after every impact, ensuring that the tee folds in the right direction every single time. Some of the other versions twist, and after awhile will snap at the joint. The only possible issue with this tee is the grey ring which helps to secure the tee to the holder. It causes the mat to raise up cos it's too thick. And it's as thick as the spikes and too close to them, making it difficult for the spike to grip the mat. I suggest removing the grey ring for better performance of the tee.

Just my observations. Haven't used mine yet, but took it out to study the design.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Rubber tee with adjustable height   Rubber tee with adjustable height - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:20 am

i have that tee. It is the most AWESOME tee I ever had. Then I left it behind at Bishan range....

Evil or Very Mad

Then again, I already chipped off one side of the tee from way too many drives Razz
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Rubber tee with adjustable height   Rubber tee with adjustable height - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:24 am

Birdman wrote:
That's the best version of the lot I think. It's got two little spikes to hold itself against the mat so it won't twist after every impact, ensuring that the tee folds in the right direction every single time. Some of the other versions twist, and after awhile will snap at the joint. The only possible issue with this tee is the grey ring which helps to secure the tee to the holder. It causes the mat to raise up cos it's too thick. And it's as thick as the spikes and too close to them, making it difficult for the spike to grip the mat. I suggest removing the grey ring for better performance of the tee.

Just my observations. Haven't used mine yet, but took it out to study the design.

very good point.. the one at Keppel is florencense yellow, comes with 4 tees. I do not remember seeing the spikes..
but it does comes with a nice plastic case.. it is $8 vs $10 dollars at FES...

will look at closer before buying it.. thanks for the tip, Birdman

cheers
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Rubber tee with adjustable height   Rubber tee with adjustable height - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:40 am

Removing te grey ring, will not give better performance. The purpose is to hold the tee up.
The earlier version was teh ring was too thin and after a while, the slot become to loose and the tee keep sling down and make the height not adjustable to your desire.

Thus the maunfacturer after studying the design, make the ring thicker so solve thisi problem.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Rubber tee with adjustable height   Rubber tee with adjustable height - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:21 pm

nrafee wrote:
Thanks for pic poundpuppy.. i will buy mine on friday and upload the pic.

Here's the pictures for my 8 dollar set. Din want to buy after getting poor service at Keppel club pro shop.. Freaking grumpy old man... Mad

Rubber tee with adjustable height - Page 2 Fan6s3 Rubber tee with adjustable height - Page 2 MmzfidRubber tee with adjustable height - Page 2 24m6rcz

Very Happy Golf ball not included. Each sold separately.. Smile
Back to top Go down
GadgetGuy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
GadgetGuy

PostSubject: Re: Rubber tee with adjustable height   Rubber tee with adjustable height - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:23 pm

poundpuppy wrote:

Rubber tee with adjustable height - Page 2 Range-tee-post
This is exactly the one I have. Problem is that grey ring thingy pops up mat a bit. Bit annoying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rubber tee with adjustable height   Rubber tee with adjustable height - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rubber tee with adjustable height
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2