Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rubber 'spikes'

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

Rubber 'spikes' Empty
PostSubject: Rubber 'spikes'   Rubber 'spikes' I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:14 am

i was at transview mandarin gallery today and saw some italian brand golf shoes with rubber (?) spikes. very nice designs.

i was told ecco also makes them - http://www.golfgalaxy.com/MNSSTRTPRMRBRWN/Product?ad_id=GoogleBase&key_id=MNSSTRTPRMRBRWN_GoogleBase

they look like they would be really comfortable but not sure abt the grip and stability it offers, or if it is even officially allowed.

would be grateful if anyone here who has had any experience with this type of 'spikes' provide some insight.

cheers!
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

Rubber 'spikes' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubber 'spikes'   Rubber 'spikes' I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:16 am

this is the italian brand i was referring to - http://transviewgolf.com.sg/catalog.php?pid=6

hope i'm not breaching any shilling rules by including the links. if so, i do apologize.
Back to top Go down
gino
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Rubber 'spikes' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubber 'spikes'   Rubber 'spikes' I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:17 am

I have worn such shoes (have 2 pairs in 2 different brands) frequently and never been stopped by a marshal because of them. No issues with grip or stability at all. Yes, you are right. It is as comfortable as they look and best of all, no need to bring another pair of shoes to change out.
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

Rubber 'spikes' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubber 'spikes'   Rubber 'spikes' I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:19 am

hi Gino

thanks for the reply.

do they get worn out quickly if you use it for normal wear on hard ground?
Back to top Go down
gino
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Rubber 'spikes' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubber 'spikes'   Rubber 'spikes' I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:25 am

Only if you are a dragger. Just kidding. The instructions did say that they will wear out quicker if you start wearing them like normal shoes and they see a lot of hard surfaces (which is logical). I only wear them for golfing and the journey to and fro so I can't say how much faster.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

Rubber 'spikes' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubber 'spikes'   Rubber 'spikes' I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:50 am

I second Gino's opinion.

I have a pair of Ecco Street Premiers as well and I must say they are very comfortable to wear both to the game and during the game. The do look a bit odd at first since you feel like you are wearing a pair of sneakers rather than "proper" golf shoes. But you get used them.

I wear them when I am heading to the range or par 3's and wldnt be bothered going to the showers after that.
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Rubber 'spikes' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubber 'spikes'   Rubber 'spikes' I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 8:49 am

"wldnt be bothered going to the showers" U mean u wear them even during showers??? ha ha ha joking.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rubber 'spikes' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubber 'spikes'   Rubber 'spikes' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rubber 'spikes'
Page 1 of 1