Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keeping track of scores?

Go down 
+5
Cyp_PGA
TITW
Technospaz
daveaha
Khorkar
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Keeping track of scores? Empty
PostSubject: Keeping track of scores?   Keeping track of scores? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:56 am

You know, counting 1 2 3 is an easy chore. But coming to a golf game with all the different hazard and lost ball, it can be an interesting affair. I ever had argument with buddies about his scores - whether its 5 or 6, until the caddy came in to verify and confirm. Its not about dishonesty or anything like that, we just miscount at times. Its unintentional and the truth is that we forget.

Do you count yr buddy's score? How do you do it? Do you have score counter?

Last edited by Khorkar on Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of scores?   Keeping track of scores? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:03 am

I have problem counting my scores, let alone counting my flight mates score... whahwahwahw..... and some more, if they hit from behind tree, or hill, or hazard, very hard to track how many attemts they played. So it's all about trust here.

Until now I'm still tring to find out the most effective way/method of remembering it... how many club I used, 3 on 2 putts, or which spot on the fairway...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of scores?   Keeping track of scores? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:09 am

I play based on trust. If my buddy says he scored a 4, I accept. After all, it's his game. If he wants to take my money by cheating, then it's his loss. I sometimes count and double check with him but largely, I know the people I play with and I feel that I can trust them enough not to fake scores for $.
Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TITW

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of scores?   Keeping track of scores? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:42 am

daveaha wrote:
I have problem counting my scores, let alone counting my flight mates score... whahwahwahw..... and some more, if they hit from behind tree, or hill, or hazard, very hard to track how many attemts they played. So it's all about trust here.

Until now I'm still tring to find out the most effective way/method of remembering it... how many club I used, 3 on 2 putts, or which spot on the fairway...

I so know how u feel as I also have the same prob of remebering the o. of strokes made (cld be due to poor memory/old age).

Does anyone here has any effective system?

PS: Tried counter, but forgot to press... tried writing each stroke, but forgot to do... It's amazing tt pple can recall the no. of strokes from even past holes! Wow...
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of scores?   Keeping track of scores? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:39 am

yeah on ur score car do that :
-Score
-Fairway Regulation........ If u Go OB u put directly OB
Green Regulation ............ if u miss i miss rough or water anything u mark it after each stroke or hole up to u
Put :
Back to top Go down
legzbroken
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
legzbroken

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of scores?   Keeping track of scores? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:46 pm

I have the same problem....or maybe its my subconscious "eliminating" the bad shots. Usually play with my wife and she keeps score....she never forgets:)
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of scores?   Keeping track of scores? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:49 pm

It happens when you are new to the game. One you are sufficiently skilled, the scoring comes easy.

Titu Swing good putt I HIT IT
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of scores?   Keeping track of scores? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:55 pm

For me I will remember how many shots I take to get to the green. Then remember how many putts. I don't find it that difficult to keep track of the score if u record it after every hole,

eg. 2 on 1 putt, 2 on 3 putt ..
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of scores?   Keeping track of scores? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:29 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
yeah on ur score car do that :
-Score
-Fairway Regulation........ If u Go OB u put directly OB
Green Regulation ............ if u miss i miss rough or water anything u mark it after each stroke or hole up to u
Put :

Cyp, Good suggestion. Will try this. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of scores?   Keeping track of scores? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:48 pm

I keep score on my iPhone 3GS using GolfShot. Pretty useful, and the only thing I cannot track is my driving distance off the tee.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of scores?   Keeping track of scores? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:57 pm

ghoonk wrote:
I keep score on my iPhone 3GS using GolfShot. Pretty useful, and the only thing I cannot track is my driving distance off the tee.

U should use golf card if u ok to pay 7.99sgd
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of scores?   Keeping track of scores? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:03 pm

GolfShot works fine for me. It sure helped in today's round cos I focused on course management -- playing to 100 yds, to improve GIR, finding yardages, etc.

Just bought GolfCard. It looks interesting, and there is a version available for Android as well. Nice, will try it out next time I play and provide feedback
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of scores?   Keeping track of scores? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keeping track of scores?
Page 1 of 1