Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft? Empty
PostSubject: Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft?   Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:46 pm

HI bros

Need some urgent help.

Since my ignites are in Spore and I am not, does anyone here know the specs of the stock True Temper Stell Shaft specs?

From my understanding, DG S300S 130g. I am not sure if this is the specs on the stock ignites.

I play well with those set but recently changed to NSPRO GH R (94.5g) and that has hurt my distance, typically losing one club length for irons.

Needed a reshaft badly and DGman has recommended the shaft for me to be 100-108g.

KBS tour regular?

Toss up between these 3:

DG S300S 130g;
PX5.5 115g;
KBS Tour Regular 4.5 110g.

Any advise wld be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft?   Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:09 pm

Previously tried the DG R300 and now on KBS shaft. What I can say from my experiences (since I did not use the other 2) is that it appear to be a bit "livelier " in a sense that they is slighter greater control and active. For sharing purpose only..

Am no pro here, but seems strange. Most of pple with gain distance with the help of lighter shaft but for you when u used NS PRO you lost distance. Perhaps your ignite head is a tad too heavy.

If selling off your NS PRO, let me know coz one of frined looking for it.

Smile
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft?   Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:13 pm

Confirm would be selling. Problem now is that shafts are here. How much for the market rate for 4-PW NSPRO shafts? ASk yoru friend. Open a price and I would have them brought over? 6 mths old only

hillgreen wrote:
Previously tried the DG R300 and now on KBS shaft. What I can say from my experiences (since I did not use the other 2) is that it appear to be a bit "livelier " in a sense that they is slighter greater control and active. For sharing purpose only..

Am no pro here, but seems strange. Most of pple with gain distance with the help of lighter shaft but for you when u used NS PRO you lost distance. Perhaps your ignite head is a tad too heavy.

Smile
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft?   Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:25 pm

Sure, will ask him and PM you if he is still interested...

So decided which one shaft to go for .?.. from the 3 choices, seems like the KBS is within the 110g

jurongtiger wrote:
Confirm would be selling. Problem now is that shafts are here. How much for the market rate for 4-PW NSPRO shafts? ASk yoru friend. Open a price and I would have them brought over? 6 mths old only

hillgreen wrote:

Smile
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft?   Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 8:28 pm

It wld be PX 5.5 or KBS. Have yet to seen KBS shaft available here in UAE. and I wld personally like DGman to help me assemble them instead of a local fitter here... have always loved the PX (non flighted) after testing them from a Titleist rep here at the local club... looks good too...

Have fren fren who wanna sell his PX5.5 and trade my nspro for them. an KBS new shafts wld be abt 60 a pc... decisions..

Damn....

hillgreen wrote:
Sure, will ask him and PM you if he is still interested...

So decided which one shaft to go for .?.. from the 3 choices, seems like the KBS is within the 110g

jurongtiger wrote:

hillgreen wrote:

Smile
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft?   Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 8:40 pm

jrongtiger, i have a set of DG S300s at GH Dubai Mall up for sale if you're keen. also have a set of Rifle 5.5, Project 6.0 High Launch, and PX6.0 (need to check if they are flighted or not) but they are all at home right now.

NS Pro is around AED1650 at GH Dubai Mall. Guess it is slightly cheaper if you ship your shafts in, and get Arnold to fit them (he's pretty good).

If you're swinging by to Dubai over the weekend, let me know. I'm unavailable Friday from 2 to 4 pm (picking friend from airport) and Saturday 1 pm to 6 pm (invited to join a group of Scots for a round at TEC), but I can meet you at Dubai Mall GH if you like. Best to go around 1 pm when Arnold gets in.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft?   Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:37 pm

Eh Bro

Thanks for the suggestion, confined to AUH now until next week when I wld be in the SC Run.

I didnt know a new set of NSPRO can cost this much!

I am still curious abt the stock shafts on the Nike Ignites. YOu have any idea?

Problem now is I would wan your Rifle 5.5's which you said are at home. Then my NSPRO still intact is here. I cannot be bringing my clubs back thsi time cos I am not flying SQ. How much you letting your 5.5's for to me? Smile

I cannot handle the 6.0's so I guess they are out!

ghoonk wrote:
jrongtiger, i have a set of DG S300s at GH Dubai Mall up for sale if you're keen. also have a set of Rifle 5.5, Project 6.0 High Launch, and PX6.0 (need to check if they are flighted or not) but they are all at home right now.

NS Pro is around AED1650 at GH Dubai Mall. Guess it is slightly cheaper if you ship your shafts in, and get Arnold to fit them (he's pretty good).

If you're swinging by to Dubai over the weekend, let me know. I'm unavailable Friday from 2 to 4 pm (picking friend from airport) and Saturday 1 pm to 6 pm (invited to join a group of Scots for a round at TEC), but I can meet you at Dubai Mall GH if you like. Best to go around 1 pm when Arnold gets in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft?   Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft?
Page 1 of 1