Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs

Go down 
+24
ghoonk
jimmychoo
Syn
daveaha
dunlookback
golfcoma
tronos
CoRN
RogY
shotah
jhan18
prakash_uss
ahdan78
Winston
watermyforrest
Technospaz
S70B
JL_chong
bono
mUAr_cHEe
Kopi Towkay
Lamts18
crystal_tiong
Herbie
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

What make will you go for??
US
US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 3 I_vote_lcap35%US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 16 ]
JAP
US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 3 I_vote_lcap65%US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 65% [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 46

AuthorMessage
morganoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi my swing speed is 105mph and all along I have been playing US spec Stiff shaft,
until 6mths ago when I was at PanWest sale and the sales rep trying very hard to sell me the
Callaway Hyper Fusion with Jap spec 55g Stiff shaft at $299
He told me its very good and if I dont like it bring back in few days and sell him $200.

I guess he himself must have love the driver so much that he is willing to take back at $200 in 1-2days.

and so I bought it (anyway, its actually my 1st time buying a driver without even testing it.)

I tried the driver at the driving range and ask myself why did I not change over to jap spec shaft earlier.
My ball dist is around the same compare to using both JAP and US spec shaft, but
Its so easy to hit and do not have to force myself so hard in order to achieve the same distance as all my other drivers with US spec Stiff shaft.

Just few days ago, wanted to change my driver and so I tested afew other brands at the driving range all with US spec Stiff shaft, and I discover
I on longer can hit US spec Stiff (I can't explain why but its seems that The swing is not that smooth and the feedback is not as great as my Jap Spec )

Inconclusion I just love the Jap Spec Shaft and thanks to to PanWest Saleman who try very hard to convice and sell me a Driver which I had totall
no ideal what I'm paying for

Regards
Morgan
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:01 pm

That may not be indicative of shaft. I find I get same or better yardage if I try not to muslce the ball. Speed and power come from proper application of lag and rotation, both of which are maximized if the body is 'loose'
Back to top Go down
Herbie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Herbie

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 2:42 pm

Thank you for the advise. I have managed to loan a set of Yamaha impres irons from a friend, and try it out before the actual purchase.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:53 pm

going back to the topic...

One thing I don't like with Japanese clubs is sometimes they become "NON-Conforming"

like the Callaway ERC Hot fusion driver which i loved but is non-conforming.

what a waste of money
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:27 pm

mate I prefer One Brand in japanese clus is NAKASHIMA WHICH IS COMFORMING BUT EXPENSIVE $$$$..... but in overall US Club are beter because u will be sure of they comform
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:43 pm

I was under the impression that whether a club is conforming only applies when you plan to use it for tournaments. For recreational golfers, unless your playing partners are sticklers for conforming equipment (in which case they might as well throw their now-non-conforming wedges and irons away), no one should bother if your driver is conforming or not.

A non-conforming driver gets you what, extra 10 yards at most? Golf isn't about driving, it's a game that put demands on an all-round game. You won't be using that driver on a Par 3, and for the remaining 14 holes require you to have a level of skill with your irons, wedges and putter. Driving only accounts for 14 strokes out of your entire game, and non-conforming drivers don't make you more accurate Smile

A old buddy used to tell me, non-conforming doesn't mean anything if you're still missing fairways.
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:10 pm

ghoonk wrote:
I was under the impression that whether a club is conforming only applies when you plan to use it for tournaments. For recreational golfers, unless your playing partners are sticklers for conforming equipment (in which case they might as well throw their now-non-conforming wedges and irons away), no one should bother if your driver is conforming or not.

A non-conforming driver gets you what, extra 10 yards at most? Golf isn't about driving, it's a game that put demands on an all-round game. You won't be using that driver on a Par 3, and for the remaining 14 holes require you to have a level of skill with your irons, wedges and putter. Driving only accounts for 14 strokes out of your entire game, and non-conforming drivers don't make you more accurate Smile

A old buddy used to tell me, non-conforming doesn't mean anything if you're still missing fairways.

Quite the contrary. The conforming rules for drivers (in the contemporary sense and began with the .86 COR etc) is applied in tournaments AND when the round is to be used for submission as part of your USGA HDCP. If you're playing non-conforming clubs the round cannot be submitted for HDCP purposes.

Why have rules if you don't comply with them?

I'd like to have 8 pins down count as a strike but that ain't the rule!!

Last edited by Kopi Towkay on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:12 pm

Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification of the rules

Will note that since I'm formally submitting scorecards for USGA HCP maintenance this year Smile
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:34 pm

btw, just noticed an earlier post about shaft flexes -- Jap vs US.

Actually, all manufacturers measure flex differently. Best way to really tell flex is to get it measured using a device like this

http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_GSDB

Quite tempted to get one of these, and a shaft frequency analyzer (http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_MA2014) and set up a small fitting facility at home to learn how to do fitting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3