Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs

Go down 
+24
ghoonk
jimmychoo
Syn
daveaha
dunlookback
golfcoma
tronos
CoRN
RogY
shotah
jhan18
prakash_uss
ahdan78
Winston
watermyforrest
Technospaz
S70B
JL_chong
bono
mUAr_cHEe
Kopi Towkay
Lamts18
crystal_tiong
Herbie
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

What make will you go for??
US
US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 16 ]
JAP
US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_vote_lcap65%US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 65% [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 46

AuthorMessage
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:56 pm

RogY wrote:
Herbie wrote:
ahdan78 wrote:
I tried the Yamaha inpres X both irons and driver.....can hit longer and funny thing is they are easy to handle.... US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 Icon_smile

That's what i did, and now i can't stop thinking about the set. Didn't try the driver tho.. I'm quite happy with my R7 still.. Smile

Hi Herbie,

If you are looking for a used set, I have one set Inpres V (forged professional use) with NSPro 950 shafts in mint condition at BFG for sale. Sorry no pics avail, but you can try them at BFG.
cheers Smile

Bro ... keep it as a spare la ... they are good irons ...
Back to top Go down
RogY
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
RogY

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Quote :
Bro ... keep it as a spare la ... they are good irons ...

Too many spare sets liao, storeroom running out of space, soon got to get spare house to store spare sets!!!hahah Kidding.
I am very happy with my 2 sets of Ikasu, so dont think will be touching the Yamaha in the near future. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:01 pm

i store for you .... haha ...
Back to top Go down
RogY
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
RogY

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:02 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
i store for you .... haha ...

Agent maintained??!! hahah
Thks for offer bro cheers
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:03 pm

yes ... my maids will take good care of them .... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RogY
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
RogY

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:15 pm

Lamts18 wrote:

Ok my lorry going tomorrow..... lol!

Jokes aside, when shall we have another game together?
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoRN

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:17 pm

I might be wrong here but what I have been told the difference between US and Jap clubs are the lie angle of the club heads. Because most americans are tall, so the japanese manufactured clubs that suits their heights.

Don't know the argument is valid or not because I have not used US clubs before... newbie here ler...
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:22 pm

RogY wrote:
Lamts18 wrote:

Ok my lorry going tomorrow..... lol!

Jokes aside, when shall we have another game together?

can always arrange one ... call me when you free ...
Back to top Go down
RogY
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
RogY

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:27 pm

can always arrange one ... call me when you free ...[/quote]

Ok bro, let's try to play b4 CNY.
Back to top Go down
Herbie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Herbie

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:01 pm

CoRN wrote:
I might be wrong here but what I have been told the difference between US and Jap clubs are the lie angle of the club heads. Because most americans are tall, so the japanese manufactured clubs that suits their heights.

Don't know the argument is valid or not because I have not used US clubs before... newbie here ler...

That's what has been explained by the transview guy, which i believe so. Therefore, i may take the risk and go for the set.. Must definitely try it out one more time.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:04 pm

if u buy forged surely u will get the lie adjusted? also shaft length are the same if i am not wrong?

also maybe jap sets are 'better' cause most bought sets are forged and most will be adjusted to suit the player, VS the more popular casted GI or SGI sets which fixed (lie angle)

Last edited by tronos on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:05 pm

Just get whatever set you like. If the heads are forged, then the factory lie angle doesn't really matter as they can be adjusted to fit you by any good club fitter.
Back to top Go down
dunlookback
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:14 pm

Based on my experience, jap clubs are quite well made because the market is very competitve and Japs are very detailed and demanding customer. I love to see their reviews of clubs as they like to use very qualitative measures like average distance hit, dispersion etc...

But again, I may be wrong
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t25292-tour-issue-irons-taylormade-r
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoRN

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:15 pm

tronos wrote:
if u buy forged surely u will get the lie adjusted? also shaft length are the same if i am not wrong?

also maybe jap sets are 'better' cause most bought sets are forged and most will be adjusted to suit the player, VS the more popular casted GI or SGI sets which fixed (lie angle)

I was told not to adjust the lie angle before. Once you make the adjustment, you lose the original "feel" that it was meant to be. Again it's just personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:18 pm

CoRN wrote:
tronos wrote:

I was told not to adjust the lie angle before. Once you make the adjustment, you lose the original "feel" that it was meant to be. Again it's just personal opinion.

Not true. Adjusting lie and angle means it's easier for you to hit. Imagine if your iron sitting on its toe or heel... it won't go straight....
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:19 pm

CoRN wrote:

I don't think that's true, but a club fitter would be better equipped to address that point. It's generally not a good idea to adjust the loft as that would affect the bounce, but adjusting the lie shouldn't have any impact as long as it's done properly.
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoRN

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:26 pm

golfcoma wrote:
CoRN wrote:

I don't think that's true, but a club fitter would be better equipped to address that point. It's generally not a good idea to adjust the loft as that would affect the bounce, but adjusting the lie shouldn't have any impact as long as it's done properly.

Haha.. thanks for all the inputs.
I will take it as it is still not good to make the adjustment. However, imo, whatever metal that has been bent before will not be the same again. But maybe it will depend how good is the clubfitter... haha...
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:30 pm

The correct lie angle actually makes a huge difference. If you have been golfing for a while, it's certainly worthwhile to visit a good clubfitter. However, if you're just starting out, then there's probably no need to worry about that for now.
Back to top Go down
Syn
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi, newbie here, and yes, 1st post... I was doing a little research on the net and came across the brand Yururi and Katana.. Anyone has any reviews?
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 6:12 pm

CoRN wrote:

I don't know where you heard that from but I can confirm it's one of the wrong informations pass to you. Just imagine u have a 10* upright lie angle, how you expect it to hit the sweet spot? Your will always be hitting the ball below the idea sweet spot. That go the same with a lie that's too flat.

Check with the club fitter when he adjust your lie, is he measuring your lie while you address or record your striking lie? If they adjust according to your address lie, you can save your money and look for a better one. The correct way is record your striking lie and adjust to it.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 6:42 pm

CoRN wrote:
tronos wrote:

I would LOVE to know there you got that priceless piece of advice from. Must be a real expert in golf

If lie is adjusted wrongly, then yes, it can be bad for your club (i.e. loft is inadvertently changed with lie) and bad for your swing. If lie is too upright, you will tend tendency to hook the ball. If lie is too flat, there is a tendency to fade/slice. ESPECIALLY for beginners, the WORST thing you can do is to groove your swing due to incorrect lie angles.

Let's say your lie is too upright (typical for shorter golfer and longer irons), and you find your shots hooking, but don't know why. You start reading golf tips, listen to 'expert' friends, and end up adjusting your grip, swing etc to compensate for the hook. Swing may look damn weird, then the next phase will be to justify it by saying that 'as long as the ball goes, can already', or worse, spend years and thousands of dollars on new drivers, irons, etc looking for the extra distance or accuracy that could have, and should have come with a proper swing built on correctly set up equipment.

I never had the benefit of such information when I started golf back in 2001. Could NEVER figure out why my shots had a tendency to fade, no matter how hard I tried. To hit the ball straight, I ended up going with a strong grip, but unknowingly, that resulted in me not learning to 'release' the clubhead through impact for fear of hooking the shot that comes with an overly strong grip. The result? Inconsistent swing, inconsistent tempo, inconsistent scores, inconsistent yardages.

I recently started taking lessons at a local golf school here in Dubai, and got my clubs fitted by a Mizuno-certified fitter here (DGman is my SG expert) where I am now learning to UNLEARN all the bad habits I picked up over the years. My swing is much more conventional now, and while it FEELS weird (that feeling is weird because it's new), the mirror and video show that it's more textbook, and my yardages and accuracy are more consistent these days.

Lie adjustment doesn't cost a fortune, but it can save you a lot of time, blood, sweat, tears, frustration and a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:44 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
jhan18 wrote:
on the way! should be in by the end of this week or the next.

Cool !! trust you will be even hotter with them ... Very Happy

Thank you! I can't wait
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoRN

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:22 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
CoRN wrote:

I don't know where you heard that from but I can confirm it's one of the wrong informations pass to you. Just imagine u have a 10* upright lie angle, how you expect it to hit the sweet spot? Your will always be hitting the ball below the idea sweet spot. That go the same with a lie that's too flat.

Check with the club fitter when he adjust your lie, is he measuring your lie while you address or record your striking lie? If they adjust according to your address lie, you can save your money and look for a better one. The correct way is record your striking lie and adjust to it.

Hey jimmychoo... Thanks for the advise. Really beneficial to join the forum.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 4:07 am

Eh Bro

Which Golf Academy you go to in Dubai? I am in Abu Dhabi.

ghoonk wrote:
CoRN wrote:
tronos wrote:

I would LOVE to know there you got that priceless piece of advice from. Must be a real expert in golf

If lie is adjusted wrongly, then yes, it can be bad for your club (i.e. loft is inadvertently changed with lie) and bad for your swing. If lie is too upright, you will tend tendency to hook the ball. If lie is too flat, there is a tendency to fade/slice. ESPECIALLY for beginners, the WORST thing you can do is to groove your swing due to incorrect lie angles.

Let's say your lie is too upright (typical for shorter golfer and longer irons), and you find your shots hooking, but don't know why. You start reading golf tips, listen to 'expert' friends, and end up adjusting your grip, swing etc to compensate for the hook. Swing may look damn weird, then the next phase will be to justify it by saying that 'as long as the ball goes, can already', or worse, spend years and thousands of dollars on new drivers, irons, etc looking for the extra distance or accuracy that could have, and should have come with a proper swing built on correctly set up equipment.

I never had the benefit of such information when I started golf back in 2001. Could NEVER figure out why my shots had a tendency to fade, no matter how hard I tried. To hit the ball straight, I ended up going with a strong grip, but unknowingly, that resulted in me not learning to 'release' the clubhead through impact for fear of hooking the shot that comes with an overly strong grip. The result? Inconsistent swing, inconsistent tempo, inconsistent scores, inconsistent yardages.

I recently started taking lessons at a local golf school here in Dubai, and got my clubs fitted by a Mizuno-certified fitter here (DGman is my SG expert) where I am now learning to UNLEARN all the bad habits I picked up over the years. My swing is much more conventional now, and while it FEELS weird (that feeling is weird because it's new), the mirror and video show that it's more textbook, and my yardages and accuracy are more consistent these days.

Lie adjustment doesn't cost a fortune, but it can save you a lot of time, blood, sweat, tears, frustration and a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:37 pm

Am at the Butch Harmon School of Golf. You want to meet up for a round later this month? Smile

jurongtiger wrote:
Eh Bro

Which Golf Academy you go to in Dubai? I am in Abu Dhabi.

ghoonk wrote:
CoRN wrote:
tronos wrote:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next