Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs

Go down 
+24
ghoonk
jimmychoo
Syn
daveaha
dunlookback
golfcoma
tronos
CoRN
RogY
shotah
jhan18
prakash_uss
ahdan78
Winston
watermyforrest
Technospaz
S70B
JL_chong
bono
mUAr_cHEe
Kopi Towkay
Lamts18
crystal_tiong
Herbie
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

What make will you go for??
US
US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_vote_lcap35%US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 16 ]
JAP
US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_vote_lcap65%US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_vote_rcap
 65% [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 46

AuthorMessage
Herbie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Herbie

US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs Empty
PostSubject: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 12:38 pm

Hello guys,

I have come across the new clubs from Yamaha and XXIO when shopping at Isetan Orchard. So, went to ask to try the clubs for both brands, and realised that they are so much more forgiving than the US makes that i have tried(My golfing career hasn't been long by the way). But when i saw the price, it has kind of surprised me. I'm not sure if it's worth the $$, even though i feel that they are better.

Therefore, i am wondering if any bros here have the same dilemma.
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy
crystal_tiong

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 12:41 pm

Hi Herbie

Welcome to GR...

Not sure whethehr u r lady ? if yes , my coach used to tell more jap brand is more suitable for asian ladies , its lighter and slightly shorter , therefore more forgiving.

I am using a maruman ladies set.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 12:44 pm

the Yamaha Impress irons are indeed very forgiving ... i tried it on loan and came away impressed .. but the price was rather high though ..
Back to top Go down
Herbie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Herbie

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:21 pm

crystal_tiong wrote:
Hi Herbie

Welcome to GR...

Not sure whethehr u r lady ? if yes , my coach used to tell more jap brand is more suitable for asian ladies , its lighter and slightly shorter , therefore more forgiving.

I am using a maruman ladies set.

Cheers

Hi Crystal,

I'm definitely a gent, that's i'm sure. My wife is using a maruman set too, but have been upgrading bit by bit. It's very light for ladies, yes.. But light may not be the best option ..
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:21 pm

I'm using a set of Forged Yamaha Impress undercut irons and they are fantastic. I've had them for awhile and will probably change this year. Keep an eye out in the marketplace. I'm going to let them go for Very Low but just not yet. Probably sometime early April when the golf season returns in Japan and the US.

Cheers, KT
Back to top Go down
Herbie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Herbie

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:23 pm

Just wondering if anyone has switch their set from US make to full Jap? I was so tempted to do so...
Back to top Go down
Herbie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Herbie

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:25 pm

Kopi Towkay wrote:
I'm using a set of Forged Yamaha Impress undercut irons and they are fantastic. I've had them for awhile and will probably change this year. Keep an eye out in the marketplace. I'm going to let them go for Very Low but just not yet. Probably sometime early April when the golf season returns in Japan and the US.

Cheers, KT

Hi KT,

Keep me updated kk? Not sure if i can try your set out? Cos at the pro shop, you can only try the 7 iron.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:27 pm

i switched from taylormade to mizunos. counted?
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:27 pm

i switch when they dont listen to me ... so its more often than not now ...
Back to top Go down
bono
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:37 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
i switched from taylormade to mizunos. counted?

Good point there... i have been wondering if mizuno should still be considered hardcore Jap?
Back to top Go down
JL_chong
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
JL_chong

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:39 pm

haha, i opposite leh, switch from Jap to US brand leh... Mizuno to Nike to be precise...haha

Think as long you're comfy with the iron, than its a good iron. Think Mizuno is one of the earliest club maker that uses forge techonology for their irons. That goes for many other Japanese brand too. That explains why their irons are more soft. If the iron is cavity n forged, chances are they'll feel excellent, in terms of soft and forgiving. Just my 2cents.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:51 pm

I love golf clubs, doesn't matter if its US or Jap.

I'll game anything as long as it looks good to me, doesn't matter if its Titleist, Callaway, Muira, Mizuno or whatever.

The only thing that most Jap clubs get wrong is making shafts like noodles and grips as thick as pencils. Otherwise, all heads are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:54 pm

As long as I can hit it without killing other players, wildlife or mother nature, I'll use it. Like S70B, don't care if it's Jap or US.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:57 pm

S70B wrote:
The only thing that most Jap clubs get wrong is making shafts like noodles and grips as thick as pencils.

Good one... ROFL
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:58 pm

i haved tried EPON and MIURA clubs before and I personally feel they way much better than MIZUNO. But as highlighted, not cheap..not cheap at all. I was qoted SGD$2.2K for 14 pcs full set of EPON.

At the end of the day, many here will tell you it is all about personal feel. I have tried some very popular and forgiving sets/brands but I just don't like it.

As long as it helps me to achieve what I set out to accomplish, I won't complain.

Last edited by Winston on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ahdan78
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ahdan78

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:58 pm

I tried the Yamaha inpres X both irons and driver.....can hit longer and funny thing is they are easy to handle.... US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
prakash_uss
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:03 pm

I am very new in this sport, but after trying the Yamaha 'D Steel', i can say only thing...."HELL YEAH, IT FEELS DAMM GOOD!"
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:04 pm

its hard to tell the different in performance these days as there are so many good clubs out there today. In fact most of the clubs are made in china due to manufacture budget cuts and productivity rates. In fact I heard recently that the Mizuno and another major brand's club heads are made in the same factory! However some might argue that the jap component clubs or brands like Ikasu, Miura and Honma are more superior than the clubs the average Joe might buy. Having said that, most players have Titleist in their bag even though they are not paid to use the clubs. All in all, it's a personal choice and may it be us or jap clubs, the clubs the big manufacturing companies produce are top shelf.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:08 pm

TITY all the way....... but if it was few months back, I would say IKASU..... hahahha.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Herbie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Herbie

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:15 pm

ahdan78 wrote:
I tried the Yamaha inpres X both irons and driver.....can hit longer and funny thing is they are easy to handle.... US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs Icon_smile

That's what i did, and now i can't stop thinking about the set. Didn't try the driver tho.. I'm quite happy with my R7 still.. Smile

Last edited by Herbie on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:15 pm

jhan18 wrote:
its hard to tell the different in performance these days as there are so many good clubs out there today. In fact most of the clubs are made in china due to manufacture budget cuts and productivity rates. In fact I heard recently that the Mizuno and another major brand's club heads are made in the same factory! However some might argue that the jap component clubs or brands like Ikasu, Miura and Honma are more superior than the clubs the average Joe might buy. Having said that, most players have Titleist in their bag even though they are not paid to use the clubs. All in all, it's a personal choice and may it be us or jap clubs, the clubs the big manufacturing companies produce are top shelf.

Justin,

you got you new irons already ?
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:17 pm

on the way! should be in by the end of this week or the next.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:25 pm

jhan18 wrote:
on the way! should be in by the end of this week or the next.

Cool !! trust you will be even hotter with them ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RogY
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
RogY

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:51 pm

Herbie wrote:
ahdan78 wrote:

That's what i did, and now i can't stop thinking about the set. Didn't try the driver tho.. I'm quite happy with my R7 still.. Smile

Hi Herbie,

If you are looking for a used set, I have one set Inpres V (forged professional use) with NSPro 950 shafts in mint condition at BFG for sale. Sorry no pics avail, but you can try them at BFG.
cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
RogY
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
RogY

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:52 pm

shotah wrote:
TITY all the way....... but if it was few months back, I would say IKASU..... hahahha.... Smile

Bro any regrets?!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs   US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US Clubs Vs Japanese Clubs
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next