Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need to shout "Ball" or "4"?

Go down 
+8
Kopi Towkay
Right_sided_coach
shorthitter
Technospaz
Khorkar
Lamts18
sunny
m0i
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

Need to shout "Ball" or "4"? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to shout "Ball" or "4"?   Need to shout "Ball" or "4"? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Seriously, sometimes its fun trying the tigerline. But as long as you dun hold up the flight behind or you dun cause any harm to other players, why not.

Its like when I was in palm springs in Batam, I believe alot of you know about the dogleg right par 4 with a hut on top of the hill. The caddy ask me to give it a try so since its a tiger line, I ask him to drive the buggy to the hut area and make sure there is nobody is there so that I can try it.

Generally, its to everybody responsiblity, even though you can shout Fore and others should keep a look out, its still better to have a safe game. If you keep slicing, then aim more left, its make more sense to do that too.
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

Need to shout "Ball" or "4"? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to shout "Ball" or "4"?   Need to shout "Ball" or "4"? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:54 pm

Actually I almost never been able to make out whether the other flights shouted "ball" or "fore", or for that matter "C4", but were always glad when they did so that I would be more aware. So the issue to me is not so much being a purist, but be practical - if you intend to shout, make sure the flights forward (doesn't matter whether it's for those in front or in adjacent fairways) can hear you.
Back to top Go down

Need to shout "Ball" or "4"?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2