Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MediaCorp drama on golf.

Go down 
+15
Ssquirrel
puteh83
S70B
Agumon
mUAr_cHEe
shotah
Right_sided_coach
al1388
DGman
nientsu
weesern
mengteck71
Victor3112
bryantee84
robert33
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

MediaCorp drama on golf. Empty
PostSubject: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:50 pm

Hi guys me jus feel that since quite a bit of drama in Singapore had already focus on various type of sport, think it's about time they do a drama with regards to golf...

Would certainly promote this sport leh...!

Should be fun to watch and maybe throw in a little 'tiger twist' to e drama.. Hehehe..
Back to top Go down
bryantee84
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:54 pm

hmm... rather unlikely...

i can imagine how a sitcom/series base on golf is just gonna suck so bad... lol...

there are zero comics on golf either...

hmm... i guess it is hard to make a golf show exciting... sports are more interesting when there are fast motion, action, hit this hit tt... or basket ball etc...

as for golf... hmm.. tee-off... buggy.. hit with iron.. walk... it will really be funny to turn it into a action firm...

i mean... basketball, you get hav the person suddenly doing a 360 dunk... or super fast wacking speed for table tennis...

for golf... ultra huge clubs may be? lol...
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:59 pm

Well there's a Korean drama that revolves around golf showing... Not too shabby...

Well it must be a drama with interesting plot, else it will jus become a training video hahaha...
Back to top Go down
Victor3112
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Victor3112

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:22 pm

First of all, they have to find some actors that really can play golf or at least swing like one. There were a few scenes that they have golfers swing the club at the driving range or tee box. You know they are just acting or just come out from 10min "instruction" from the directors who don't play golf themselves.

Anyway, if they do, it will be nice to have real golfers in the drama. I'v ever seen James Lye, Wang Tian Chai, Song Yi Fei at the Queenstown driving range before. I saw James another time at Kepple club also.

If they cannot find any to act, maybe they can find some from the GR.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:30 pm

I have seen Zheng Ke Ping at BFG. There is also Lin Li Bin, Bin Hui
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:53 pm

Ke Ping is NSRCC member and Li Bin know how to play.... guess they will be in the show
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:38 am

I always see Terence cao and his ah BEng gang in mbgc range
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:51 am

J Lye, Ke Ping, Calvin Soh, Ming Soon, Hui Fang, Constance, Tian Wen are all our customer and friends.

Oh not forgetting the executive producer, part script writer and director of "housewife on holiday" and the recent drama starring ke ping and ming soon. he is also a SGA pro golfer and a BFG sponsored player. If there is such a drama he will be the one to produce and direct.

some months back, we had Chih Bing, Ke Ping and Christopher Lee in the shop at the same time and i had to introduce everyone....haha

well for the inaugurate BFG tournament in 2010 we will invite some of them...

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
al1388
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
al1388

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:08 am

I know Bin Hui's brother, both are good golfer
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:14 am

Don't forget Eunice Olsen. Student of the RSS
MediaCorp drama on golf. Eunice10
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 6:39 am

james lye is a very good golfer and if i am not wrong, he should be near scratch.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 6:45 am

There are mangas on golf ah...

Very interesting to read actually. The characters can hit balls that spins both ways. Back spin to bring the ball up to carry the wind, then later upon landing to forward spin all the way to the green...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=9569
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 6:46 am

if they need pai kias in the drama.. shotah u know who to call.. SCBs
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 6:48 am

I thought there was 1 back in the 90s?

I suck at names, esp TCS actors/esses. Forgot the plot too as well.
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:20 am

S70B wrote:
I thought there was 1 back in the 90s?

I suck at names, esp TCS actors/esses. Forgot the plot too as well.

Didn't recall any drama on it though....

Think should be a good time to shoot a drama on it now since there are so much drama golf on off the golf scene... Hehehe..

Anyway think there should be enough good actor/actress golfers around to make this drama..

Think it's a good why to promote this sport and hopefully some of the forumers can make guest appearance on the show... Hahaha...
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:45 am

Think is this

要拼才会赢
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:50 am

i heard this morning on radio that Cuba Gooding Jr. is going to play Tiger Woods in an upcoming movie....
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:22 am

Tiger's WOOD? albino
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:25 am

Ssquirrel wrote:
Tiger's WOOD? albino

A Good Idea...

http://www.popcrunch.com/cuba-gooding-jr-as-tiger-woods-in-proposed-movie/
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:33 am

amidst the cuba gooding jr story....I found this

Tiger Condoms - Just do it!!!
Back to top Go down
Victor3112
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Victor3112

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:48 pm

nientsu wrote:
amidst the cuba gooding jr story....I found this

Tiger Condoms - Just do it!!!

Ohhhh.... TW just got another endorsement into his pocket ... from the condom company?????
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:33 pm

Doesn't matter what the subject matter is, it's how you tell the story in the end. There have been some movies on golf that have been interesting, the most commercial being Tin Cup that starred Kevin Costner who was a non golfer but learnt the game just for the movie. Became proficient enough after that he played often in the Pebble Beach Pro Am.

With the recent Woods saga, you don't even have to write a plot, it's there on a silver platter, throw in slow mo close ups of swings, impact, and ball spinning off the green, some cgi, all the sex that sells.... you got a gift wrapped golf movie.

Only problem is you'll neve got to see the seedier side of golf on tv cos it doesn't promote good family values. And you will have every other person denouncing it, golfers included. Why? Cos you don't want to admit to your better halves that this is the part n parcel of golf. Ur lobang kena pecha, you still can travel to China and Thailand for golf you think?

ROFL

food for thought - As much as we critic the actors can't play golf on film, how many GR-ers who are good at golf can act too?

Happy New Year!!!

Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:28 pm

Well me thought that in golf there are various ppl of veri interesting personality that can be portrayed to tv... Like Ian poulter, John Daly, Ryan moore and etc...

Not jus revolving TW incident....

Think should be able to straighten out the image on golf and hopefully can repair some of the dents made by TW on the image...

End of e day it's still a drama... Hopes that local media would seriously consider producing one , since there are so many actor/actress that plays good golf!

Else gotta wait for korea or taiwan to produce a drama on golf then... Haiz...
Back to top Go down
tendygolf
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
tendygolf

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:51 pm

Back to top Go down
http://tendygolf.com
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 3:23 am

robert33 wrote:
Well me thought that in golf there are various ppl of veri interesting personality that can be portrayed to tv... Like Ian poulter, John Daly, Ryan moore and etc...

Not jus revolving TW incident....

Think should be able to straighten out the image on golf and hopefully can repair some of the dents made by TW on the image...

End of e day it's still a drama... Hopes that local media would seriously consider producing one , since there are so many actor/actress that plays good golf!

Else gotta wait for korea or taiwan to produce a drama on golf then... Haiz...

There are many interesting personalities yes, but those that you mentioned are not relatable to the mass chinese market. The ones who sit in front of the tv at the coffee shop while eating their dinner staring at the screens. And you are right, end of the day it's still a drama, there is no calling for them to serve the best interests of golf's image. Golf is not considered mass market enough a subject to weave a drama around. Plus the script writers have no experience with the the technicalities and terms of the game. Too much research is also needed to churn out the script, meaning too much work to be worth the effort. If you put each drama series under a microscope, you will see the plotlines are pretty much the same, the locales and what the characters do for a living are the only differences that thinly veil each drama as new and exciting. And how not to have scandal? That is why they call it "DRAMA" series. Everybody loves gossip, we are all voyeurs! I'll bet my bottom dollar that if they do make one, sure got a scene where someone is standing in the middle of green while it's raining, crying over some lost love or championship while melodramatic music underscores the whole scene.

The cost and logistics to film on location is also too much of a hassle. Which club will let you shut down the course for a day to film on location? Imagine the revenue loss? And a series generally has 13 episodes, a day for each episode over a length of time? Be a great surprise if any club said yes.

But yes, I would like to see a golf drama with a great plot of interesting characters, with good cgi effects thrown in to up the action sequences. Just not ridiculous Stephen Chow style stunts with the ball.

We can only hope, like we do for our golf, hit and hope!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MediaCorp drama on golf.   MediaCorp drama on golf. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MediaCorp drama on golf.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next