Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Laguna National membership demand

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Laguna National membership demand Empty
PostSubject: Laguna National membership demand   Laguna National membership demand I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 1:11 pm

Hey guys, wanted to seek some opinions or any info of news on the ground about the demand for Laguna 2040 membership, and what the current going rate is?

Cheers in advance!
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Laguna National membership demand   Laguna National membership demand I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 7:37 am

Mike
We await your arrival at the club! 
Ponder no more
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Laguna National membership demand   Laguna National membership demand I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 10:42 am

pocketace wrote:
Mike
We await your arrival at the club! 
Ponder no more

Pondering hard! Haha!
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Laguna National membership demand   Laguna National membership demand I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 3:32 pm

Would you mind sharing what are your other options? OCC TMCC RCC Seletar etc..
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Laguna National membership demand   Laguna National membership demand I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 5:33 pm

I live in Seletar area so Seletar was my first choice. But I heard about the nigh impossibility to book weekend games, people going to queue at 4am to book weekend games, and that they are due to close 9 holes in turns for course renovation.

Also considered TMCC, finally got a chance to play Garden course a few weeks ago and didn't like it. Course was too short and way too close to the runways. Don't know how the rejigged Tampines will be though.

I enjoy OCC, for some reason it reminds me of Serapong. But seems a little pointless to buy OCC as there are many partner discounted offers available to play at OCC (eg. MGK, various credit cards, etc.)

Laguna always felt abit special to me as I spent most of my childhood there. Played Masters course recently and I really enjoyed it. Looking at the plans and The Nest, I think it's going to look bloody awesome once completed.

Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Laguna National membership demand   Laguna National membership demand I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 2:19 pm

milkem wrote:
I live in Seletar area so Seletar was my first choice. But I heard about the nigh impossibility to book weekend games, people going to queue at 4am to book weekend games, and that they are due to close 9 holes in turns for course renovation.

Typo error, queue at 4am on Sat morning?
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Laguna National membership demand   Laguna National membership demand I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 5:08 pm

Not a typo, 4am. Verified by 3 unrelated Seletar members separately.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Laguna National membership demand   Laguna National membership demand I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 10:05 am

milkem wrote:

Unbelievable. 

Just in case you're curious to know, Tampines will not be rejigged but a complete reno including a new clubhouse and driving range at the location.  The new course was also designed to cater for championship tournaments.. A glimpse in this month's edition...

http://www.tmcc.org.sg/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/TMCC-Newsmagazine-SepOct17-4.pdf

Last but not least, do also bear in mind years of the remaining lease, management of the clubs, and the proximity to your house... 30min drive is not so fun to me especially during peak hours..
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Laguna National membership demand   Laguna National membership demand I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 11:18 pm

chien wrote:
milkem wrote:

Unbelievable. 

Just in case you're curious to know, Tampines will not be rejigged but a complete reno including a new clubhouse and driving range at the location.  The new course was also designed to cater for championship tournaments.. A glimpse in this month's edition...

http://www.tmcc.org.sg/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/TMCC-Newsmagazine-SepOct17-4.pdf

Last but not least, do also bear in mind years of the remaining lease, management of the clubs, and the proximity to your house... 30min drive is not so fun to me especially during peak hours..

I've got friends staying at North but regret getting RCC, travelling time is 40-50mins for a morning golf. Initially, they didn't mind the travelling time, but when they started to play golf twice a week, travelling time became a issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laguna National membership demand   Laguna National membership demand I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Laguna National membership demand
Page 1 of 1