Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Laguna - Master Course

Go down 
+5
skybobo
asahi
DGman
willytan
jac_mav
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jac_mav
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Laguna - Master Course Empty
PostSubject: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 8:52 pm

Thought of sharing...my maiden game playing the Masters Course in Laguna Country Club.  The Masters course is over 7,109 yards from the Championship Tees with a par of 72. The course rating is 740 and has a slope rating of 144.  For a HCP like myself who cannot drive straight consistently, its consider a rather difficult course to handle.  Many trees and water hazards.  Lost about 9 balls to the water. Hit tree trunks on numerous occasion.  But all in all, had a good time.   lol!
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 10:21 pm

Are u a member there? I also love to try it out thou I m still a newbie.

Can any member of Laguna sign me in as guest?
Back to top Go down
jac_mav
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:16 am

willytan wrote:
Are u a member there? I also love to try it out thou I m still a newbie.

Can any member of Laguna sign me in as guest?

unfortunately im nt a member there...was invited to play due to some corporate event. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:32 am

i can only play on sundays and its too expensive on weekends.... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 2:13 pm

DGman wrote:
i can only play on sundays and its too expensive on weekends.... Sad

Make exception for 1 weekday morning can? 

hehe
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 2:20 pm

Guest rate if accompany by members is 200 nett weekdays. Masters course in my view is narrow. If u dun drive fairly straight, ur 2nd shot is unlikely to have a clear path to the green. All 18 holes green are surrounded by water. But the fairway condition is not so good. Undergoing revamp tho
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Masters is better than World Classic?
They are just different, perhaps

Masters is undergoing returfing so now it's par70 only. Rough areas still cow grass until returfing is done

World Classic cond is superb cos it's under utilised. But I guess it's a bit challenging to play. If one thinks his way around the course (not pull driver every hole), may be ok. But yes, blasting a green side bunker 5-6 meters up to land on the green is not for everyone. Just don't expect to shoot your personal best there

They have more work planned for World Classic to make it more playable... So watch this space

Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 2:10 pm

pocketace wrote:
Masters is better than World Classic?
They are just different, perhaps

Masters is undergoing returfing so now it's par70 only. Rough areas still cow grass until returfing is done

World Classic cond is superb cos it's under utilised. But I guess it's a bit challenging to play. If one thinks his way around the course (not pull driver every hole), may be ok. But yes, blasting a green side bunker 5-6 meters up to land on the green is not for everyone. Just don't expect to shoot your personal best there

They have more work planned for World Classic to make it more playable... So watch this space

Do you know when will the returfing be completed?
Thinking of asking some kind GRians who is a member to sign me in. Have not played there for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 2:39 pm

You ask skybobo aka Markie

He is member leh... I recalled he told me by year end

Or ask Allen the resident head pro
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 3:53 pm

pocketace wrote:

Thanks for your reply Pocketace.
Looks like have to wait till next year. Long wait. LOL
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 4:49 pm

mloy wrote:
pocketace wrote:

Thanks for your reply Pocketace.
Looks like have to wait till next year. Long wait. LOL

Can I join? But I can only play weekday Sad

And you all have to be gentle with me... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 4:55 pm

Mloy, I can sign u in weekday. Pls be patient with me as I am a high hcp. Heard u very good, drive further than guys. Can u give me 3-3, we play friendly wager.

Bomby, u and me level

Anyone else wanna join?
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 5:05 pm

skybobo wrote:
Mloy, I can sign u in weekday. Pls be patient with me as I am a high hcp. Heard u very good, drive further than guys. Can u give me 3-3, we play friendly wager.

Bomby, u and me level

Anyone else wanna join?

Yup, ok for me.. Mloy need to give me 4-4? I am a very high HCP.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 5:38 pm

skybobo wrote:

Bomby, u and me level

Anyone else wanna join?

You all very funny. So funny that I laughed till my tears come out. Its hilarious that you people all believe the nonsense that you hear. My game is on off but most of the time its off but because I love the game so much that I won't give it up.

@ Bomby, I have golfed with you before so you cannot bruff me. I have to take at least 6-6 from you.  Very Happy 

@ Skybobo, thank you for the offer to sign me in as your guest. I'll take up your offer soon. So the returfing will be done by end of this year? And btw I too heard that your game is very good. I am afraid that you might be bored with my game.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 5:59 pm

Am playing there this Thursday.. Hope to give some on course updates…  cheers
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 6:07 pm

chien wrote:
Am playing there this Thursday.. Hope to give some on course updates…  cheers
Just played last Sat. Heard there will be hollow tining of the greens this week.....guess u will not enjoy.

Hole 9 and hole 18 undergoing returfing, converted to par 3 now.

Hole 8 and hole 17 Greenside are ready, hopefully this will be what the whole course will be like end of the year.

Chien....dun practice so hard lah. See u JCC
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 8:35 pm

mloy wrote:
skybobo wrote:

Bomby, u and me level

Anyone else wanna join?

You all very funny. So funny that I laughed till my tears come out. Its hilarious that you people all believe the nonsense that you hear. My game is on off but most of the time its off but because I love the game so much that I won't give it up.

@ Bomby, I have golfed with you before so you cannot bruff me. I have to take at least 6-6 from you.  Very Happy 

@ Skybobo, thank you for the offer to sign me in as your guest. I'll take up your offer soon. So the returfing will be done by end of this year? And btw I too heard that your game is very good. I am afraid that you might be bored with my game.

Dun worry your laugher will brighten up the entire Laguna. Lol
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 9:16 pm

skybobo wrote:

Bomby, u and me level

Anyone else wanna join?

Can invited me?

Love to try new course thou I m a high hcper. Pls bare with my left/right drive.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 9:21 pm

Mloy, it's my honour to host u and Bomby. Will let u guys know once returfing is done. Dun believe what u heard, I am just a high hcp golfer. Believe what u see
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 4:37 pm

As promised…

Master Course always has its charm and aura..

The tee boxes were nice and almost "divot less".

The only shortcoming was the greens, as mentioned earlier they went thru some maintenance and thus a bit sandy and slow.  But nevertheless, they were still playable and better than what I saw at MBGC..

In all, it was a great outing and before I end, just to mention the service level at the cafe has improved a lot and it was such breath of fresh air compared to NSRCC..

cheers
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:52 pm

willytan wrote:
skybobo wrote:

Bomby, u and me level

Anyone else wanna join?

Can invited me?

Love to try new course thou I m a high hcper. Pls bare with my left/right drive.
Sure bro. It's my honour. Year end?
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:20 pm

skybobo wrote:
willytan wrote:

Can invited me?

Sure bro. It's my honour. Year end?

Anytime when u are free to host a game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laguna - Master Course   Laguna - Master Course I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Laguna - Master Course
Page 1 of 1