Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can I re-fit my fitted club

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
donego
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Can I re-fit my fitted club Empty
PostSubject: Can I re-fit my fitted club   Can I re-fit my fitted club I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi Fellow Golfers,

Before i start, some background about myself. I'm a lefty golfer, using a set of fitted Ping I20 irons and G20 driver since 2013. Started playing golf about 9 years ago but only being truly active for the last 3 years. My current handicap is in the high 20s.

Would like to seek the expert opinion and views in the forum on the following,

1) Can I bring my fitted ping clubs to other club fitters to re-customize based on my current swings. Cause I think my current swing has slightly evolve and I don't want to spent too much on my clubs. I rather spent the money on additional lesson.

2) For hybrid clubs, is customization still require? The fitter i went to, sold me 2 hybrids G30 (22 & 17) and tell me it's not require. Honestly I felt that was a quite strange.

3) Is it worth to have additional wedges (56, 60, etc...) customize beside a pitching wedge. Or it doesn't really matter.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Noriki
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Noriki

PostSubject: Re: Can I re-fit my fitted club   Can I re-fit my fitted club I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 3:21 pm

1. Yes, of coz you can bring your club to other fitter.
2. Choose the right shaft are more important, doesn't matter about the club head.
3. Wedge don't really need to customize, it's quite standard. Whatever loft is depend on what u need.

Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
donego
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can I re-fit my fitted club   Can I re-fit my fitted club I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 3:32 pm

Noriki wrote:
2. Choose the right shaft are more important, doesn't matter about the club head.
3. Wedge don't really need to customize, it's quite standard. Whatever loft is depend on what u need.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the reply bro. Very Happy

Btw I dun really get your reply for question 2.

My fitter simply sold me 2 off the shelf hybrids and told me customization is not required. The club head and shaft are all stock.
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Rafj

PostSubject: Re: Can I re-fit my fitted club   Can I re-fit my fitted club I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 10:14 am

donego wrote:
Noriki wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

My fitter simply sold me 2 off the shelf hybrids and told me customization is not required. The club head and shaft are all stock.
Thats quite strange.

A good and proper fitter would be looking at your entire set.

Bring your set to a proper certified club fitter.

Wedges are important to customise as the bounce, lie and grind plays an important part on how you score / recover around the greens.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can I re-fit my fitted club   Can I re-fit my fitted club I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 1:35 pm

donego wrote:
Noriki wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

I'm using G25 and G30 ping. Hybrids are not like iron, the lie angle is fixed, doesn't need customization. But the shaft can be changed.
Back to top Go down
stickman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can I re-fit my fitted club   Can I re-fit my fitted club I_icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 9:36 am

I was reading about the issue on hybrids with regard to lie angle.

Should/can the lie angle of hybrid be adjusted* just like any other irons, woods (fairway and driver)? I have all along assume that they can be adjusted without giving much thought about it. The reason is, using a standard lie, would a very short player be hitting with a "strike mark" at the sole of the club more on the heel and  would a very tall player be hitting with a "strike marl" more on the toe?

If a club fitter will to mention that there is no need to adjust the lie angle, I have to assume that the fitter has tested that the "strike mark" of the player is somewhere in the middle of the sole of the club. 

From another point of view, if the lie angle of hybrid is fixed, than would it also apply to fairway woods and driver**? Than what I have assume all along needs to be re-educated.

*: assuming that there is enough length in the hosel for adjustment. 
**: assuming that these clubs does not come with lie or loft adjustment which is in-built to the set.
Back to top Go down
donego
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can I re-fit my fitted club   Can I re-fit my fitted club I_icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 3:46 pm

stickman wrote:
I was reading about the issue on hybrids with regard to lie angle.

Should/can the lie angle of hybrid be adjusted* just like any other irons, woods (fairway and driver)? I have all along assume that they can be adjusted without giving much thought about it. The reason is, using a standard lie, would a very short player be hitting with a "strike mark" at the sole of the club more on the heel and  would a very tall player be hitting with a "strike marl" more on the toe?

If a club fitter will to mention that there is no need to adjust the lie angle, I have to assume that the fitter has tested that the "strike mark" of the player is somewhere in the middle of the sole of the club. 

From another point of view, if the lie angle of hybrid is fixed, than would it also apply to fairway woods and driver**? Than what I have assume all along needs to be re-educated.

*: assuming that there is enough length in the hosel for adjustment. 
**: assuming that these clubs does not come with lie or loft adjustment which is in-built to the set.

First of all. Thanks for the all the kind reply and advice.

Stickman,

That's what I think as well. Whenever I use the the 17 degrees loft hybrid, I felt uncomfortable. In addition, my fitter has not check the hybrid against my test mark before selling me the club. In any case, I won't be getting back to my fitter in the meantime before getting a second opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can I re-fit my fitted club   Can I re-fit my fitted club I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can I re-fit my fitted club
Page 1 of 1