Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EVNROLL Putter

Go down 
+3
equin0x
pocketace
vivavic
7 posters
AuthorMessage
vivavic
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

EVNROLL Putter Empty
PostSubject: EVNROLL Putter   EVNROLL Putter I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 9:08 pm

Has anyone tried this putter yet? They supposedly have the technology to make your put straighter.

I am thinking of getting one. Would like some review for those who have it or tried it before during the demo.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

EVNROLL Putter Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVNROLL Putter   EVNROLL Putter I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 6:19 am

I've tried and sold mine

Yes, the selling point is very compelling - regardless if you hit the Centre of putter face, it goes rather straight

But when I play with it on course, I Keep putting short of the hole
For me, thats a no go

It works for some of my friends 
And it didn't work for me and my other friend

I wouldn't say it's a silver bullet. If you can borrow one and try on course then good. Else it's a $480 experiment
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

EVNROLL Putter Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVNROLL Putter   EVNROLL Putter I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 7:49 am

Oh btw, the evnroll ER5 model (shape like odyssey #7) has a ting sound at impact
It was very disconcerting for me
Completely screws me up

Maybe the results could have been better if I bought the ER1 or 2 - more traditional anser shape
But oh well, I'm back to my Yamada and happy with it
Back to top Go down
equin0x
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

EVNROLL Putter Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVNROLL Putter   EVNROLL Putter I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 2:33 pm

Ive tried it too. Pretty decent putter to be honest. But i dont really like the feel off the face. 

My usual gamer is a scotty and the evnroll feels a bit "clicky" off the face. 

Ive been experimenting with the new o works putter and i think for the price, pretty solid buy. 

but take note, i buy my putters completely based on feel, looks and personal preference. If youre a golf nut you could always get fitted to find out which putter performs best for you.
Back to top Go down
odyssey23
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
odyssey23

EVNROLL Putter Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVNROLL Putter   EVNROLL Putter I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 4:10 pm

I have the ER2 and get me quite Long to get used to it. Go to their demo session to try them out before making a decision. It is not cheap and don't expect miracles to happen with a change in putter.
Back to top Go down
vivavic
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

EVNROLL Putter Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVNROLL Putter   EVNROLL Putter I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 8:33 pm

thanks for all the input Very Happy 

now i have 2nd thoughts regarding the ER5. was gonna get it this weekend actually
Back to top Go down
equin0x
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

EVNROLL Putter Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVNROLL Putter   EVNROLL Putter I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 9:49 pm

go try the o works #7 if that particular head shape suits your eye. i personally am using the o works #2 as my "slow greens" putter. for green speeds 6-9. ie. most courses in singapore. i find the roll is smoother. 

but for fast greens like serapong or horizon hills i use my trusty scotty. 

to each his own i suppose! most importantly you need to look down and like what you see/feel.
Back to top Go down
costajos
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

EVNROLL Putter Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVNROLL Putter   EVNROLL Putter I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 11:09 pm

Got the ER2 - still trying to get used to it. Used to putt with a SC Newport. Feels much heavier than what I'm used to, so distance control is an issue.
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

EVNROLL Putter Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVNROLL Putter   EVNROLL Putter I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 2:40 pm

I got the ER1, and I love it.

Having said that, the biggest issues for me was re-adapting. I had been using plumber necks and small grips for the longest time. The ER1 had a different neck, a much thicker grip, and weighs significantly more. As such, I have had to revamp my putting "feel".

However, the groove technology really does work IMHO, I just have to get the putting stroke feel recalibrated in order to get the distance control dialled in.

I have tested on a practice green with putting aids - the same putting stroke, whether centred or toe/heel mishit, really does still roll the same direction/distance. The rest is really up to the operator, ie. reading the break/speed/distance.

After 4 games with the ER1, I can safely say that my misses are always due to my error in reading the green, and not due to a mishit. With a mishit, you almost always know right away when you see the ball shooting off in a manner which wasn't how you had imagined it would. With the ER1, the ball would always leave the club face in the manner which I had imagined... it's always when I look up and go, "basket, I could have sworn it was a right-to-left break... how come so straight?"
Back to top Go down
vivavic
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

EVNROLL Putter Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVNROLL Putter   EVNROLL Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 7:21 pm

Ended up with the PXG Gunboat. Loving it so far after 1 round.

Hesitated on the EVNROLL after reading the comments here.

EVNROLL Putter Fullsi10
Back to top Go down
equin0x
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

EVNROLL Putter Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVNROLL Putter   EVNROLL Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 9:31 pm

Dayum. That looks sweet. Whats the rrp for one of those bad boys?
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

EVNROLL Putter Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVNROLL Putter   EVNROLL Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 11:50 pm

any broader inline putter is always easier to gauge the intended line of putt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EVNROLL Putter Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVNROLL Putter   EVNROLL Putter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EVNROLL Putter
Page 1 of 1