Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Penang golf courses

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

Penang golf courses  Empty
PostSubject: Penang golf courses    Penang golf courses  I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 11:45 pm

Hi guys

Anybody played in Penang recently?

Would like to know which is the best course there and any comparison in condition of the courses. 

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Penang golf courses    Penang golf courses  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 7:04 pm

Crickets chirping sound....
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Penang golf courses    Penang golf courses  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 1:46 pm

For Malaysian clubs, I tend to use a scale of 1-5.  5 being like TMCC, etc.  

I've played at Bukit Jawi (http://www.bukitjawi.com.my/) which is about 1hr away from Penang Island.  They have 36 holes and I can't recall which course I played.  I remember it being quite decent condition like most clubs in Malaysia.  This one, I put it as 3.  Use the new bridge and it should be less than 30 minutes from the bridge.

I've also played at Kulim (http://www.kulimgolf.com.my/) which I'd rate as 2.5.  Mostly because it was quite dry and patchy when I played.  Use the old bridge and once you cross, go straight into Kedah state.  About 25 min after the bridge if very early in the morning.

Then, there's PGR (http://penanggolfresort.com.my/) with 36 holes.  This is slightly better at 3.5.  I saw that there are more Koreans and Japanese here.  Use the old bridge and you'll be there in about 35 minutes as well.  

None of the clubs force you to use caddies so we played by ourselves, 2 balls.  

Watch out for snakes and other wildlife especially at Jawi and Kulim.  

Kulim clubhouse is quite basic.  My wife didn't even want to shower there so we had drive back to Penang to shower.  

Hope it's helpful.  Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Penang golf courses    Penang golf courses  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 7:15 am

Thank you Mr Artchang

Great review and tips.. still planning whether to go with wife to sneak a game but appreciate you taking time to pen this...

Beer
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Penang golf courses    Penang golf courses  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 11:06 am

Golf + food = BEST combo!  No need to think.
Back to top Go down
hock_leng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Penang golf courses    Penang golf courses  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi,

Did anyone play in Penang recently? Cos the last post here is 2016. Kindly update, thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penang golf courses    Penang golf courses  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Penang golf courses
Page 1 of 1