Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4th Ball Wanted!

Go down 
+4
mloy
Turbo
katherinechiok
Gofnut
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 1:26 pm

Looking for a 4th ball to complete our flight for this Sunday's game at Sembawang GC. Teeing off at 12.09pm. SMS or wassap me at 9750 873two. If you are staying near Parkway Parade or Kallang Bahru, I can give you a ride to the club! Cheers!
NB : Promo rate of $105 + GST ends on 30 June 2015! Last call! Hoping the promo will be extended.
Back to top Go down
katherinechiok
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
katherinechiok

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 2:30 pm

Hi Gofnut, not too sure if you have any idea, is this $105+ inclusive or exclusive buggy fees?

4th Ball Wanted! Golfing-promotion
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 6:14 pm

Hi Kat,

The fee is inclusive of buggy. You keen to play?
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 11:16 pm

4th ball found.
Thanks for reading. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 9:51 am

Hi Gofnut,

It appears that you are an enthusiast of Sembawang GC. May I ask is the course exciting & interesting? Any improvement after the refurbishment?

Thanks in advance. Smile
Back to top Go down
katherinechiok
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
katherinechiok

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi Gofnut, I suppose you are SGC member? If the promo is extended, do let me know! I have 2 ready balls here for next Sunday! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi Turbo,

I used to game at MBGC almost every Sunday afternoon but switched to Sembawang when I found new friends who are members and are kind enough to sign me in to enjoy the promo rates. The savings helped pay for the beers! Ha ha. The course is undulating and I find it challenging. The fairway bunkers are not as ridiculous as those in MBGC but because of the soft sand, they are not easy to get out (at least for me!). All in, well worth the all-in fee of $112.35.

Hi Kat,

I am not a member but will keep you and friend in mind should the opportunity arise. I hope to find out this Sunday if the club is extending the Sunday PM Promo. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 3:41 pm

Gofnut wrote:
Hi Turbo,

I used to game at MBGC almost every Sunday afternoon but switched to Sembawang when I found new friends who are members and are kind enough to sign me in to enjoy the promo rates. The savings helped pay for the beers! Ha ha. The course is undulating and I find it challenging. The fairway bunkers are not as ridiculous as those in MBGC but because of the soft sand, they are not easy to get out (at least for me!). All in, well worth the all-in fee of $112.35.
Actually the MBGC fairway also quite undulating for certain holes.

When u said soft sand, are you in fact referring to the texture of the sand or you mean there is very little sand (non fluffy) in the bunker like one usually sees in poorly maintained JB courses?

So do you think MGBC or Sembawang GC for difficult to play?
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 4:31 pm

Undulations at MBGC are considered mild when compared to SbGC. Example Hole 1 (Par 4) at SbGC, for your second shot to the green, you are looking at perhaps 3 meters difference in elevation. Hole 2 tee off will be downhill -ve elevation of some 10 meters and so forth. It helps that I use a range finder with slope reading Very Happy. The bunkers are filled with sufficient sand that is soft and I find I have to swing much harder to get the ball out when compared to playing the bunkers at Johor GCC. I find Sembawang more challenging. If not for the deep bunkers, MBGC has very little defence. Would love the opportunity to have a game with you at SbGC....hope the promo will be extended again.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 5:49 pm

Gofnut wrote:
Undulations at MBGC are considered mild when compared to SbGC. Example Hole 1 (Par 4) at SbGC, for your second shot to the green, you are looking at perhaps 3 meters difference in elevation. Hole 2 tee off will be downhill -ve elevation of some 10 meters and so forth. It helps that I use a range finder with slope reading Very Happy. The bunkers are filled with sufficient sand that is soft and I find I have to swing much harder to get the ball out when compared to playing the bunkers at Johor GCC. I find Sembawang more challenging. If not for the deep bunkers, MBGC has very little defence. Would love the opportunity to have a game with you at SbGC....hope the promo will be extended again.
Gofnut is Sembawang "resident Pro".  Smile
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 6:46 pm

Flattery will not get you extra strokes, Mloy Laughing I know the course like the back of my hand. Only problem is how to get the stupid ball to go where I want it to go! ROFL
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 8:44 pm

Gofnut wrote:

Bro,
Hitting the ball out of soft sand is the same stroke as the one you use at RJCC with only one small adjustment.

Open the club face more so that the bounce of the wedge assists you in preventing the club from digging into the sand.  Then just swing like how you normally swing for sand shots.

Kaotim.....
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 8:45 am

Bro Den,
Because of the soft sand, it is common to see the ball half buried in the sand and this increases the degree of difficulty. Found a better solution...stay away from the bunkers as I did yesterday! Very Happy Very Happy Thanks for the tip. Will try it out when I next have the opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 1:28 pm

Hi Golfnut,

If ball is half-buried in the sand, you can't open your clubface to get the ball out. You may need to square the clubhead face instead and hit down (one inch from ball) with very little follow thru ... Expect the ball to come out low & roll a lot ... Hope u have enough green to work with ... If not, it'll be a tough one ...
Back to top Go down
jwing
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
jwing

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 10:14 pm

Gofnut wrote:
Flattery will not get you extra strokes, Mloy Laughing I know the course like the back of my hand. Only problem is how to get the stupid ball to go where I want it to go! ROFL
Hi mloy n gofnut,
When is our rematch....?
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 9:09 am

jwing wrote:
Gofnut wrote:
Hi mloy n gofnut,
When is our rematch....?
Waiting for your invitation jwing.  Smile

Btw did they extend the promo?
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 10:36 am

Have asked JH to help check but thus far, no news yet.
Back to top Go down
wongwengkham
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 10:40 am

Gofnut wrote:
Have asked JH to help check but thus far, no news yet.

Extended to 31st Dec 2015.
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 11:49 am

Hurray! No change in the rates!
Back to top Go down
katherinechiok
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
katherinechiok

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 12:14 pm

Gofnut wrote:

Yay! But must have 1 member in the flight to enjoy the promo rates right?
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 1:29 pm

Yes, the rate of $105 is for member's guest. Rate for visitor is $160.
Back to top Go down
playgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 1:44 pm

Any game this sun pm? Would like to join if there is.
Back to top Go down
katherinechiok
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
katherinechiok

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 1:46 pm

Gofnut wrote:
Yes, the rate of $105 is for member's guest. Rate for visitor is $160.

Now, you got more 4th balls than you desired.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Gofnut wrote:
That is great news!  cheers
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 9:49 pm

Regret to inform this Sunday's flight is full. Thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4th Ball Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ball Wanted!   4th Ball Wanted! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4th Ball Wanted!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next