Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ball landed behind tee box

Go down 
+6
Gofnut
zhian
Turbo
flashpacker
uncleP
apogee
10 posters
AuthorMessage
apogee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Ball landed behind tee box Empty
PostSubject: Ball landed behind tee box   Ball landed behind tee box I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 8:48 pm

I teed off last Sunday.  My ball hit a tree and ricochet back and landed about 20 metres behind the tee box.  Am I OB?
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ball landed behind tee box   Ball landed behind tee box I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 9:18 pm

got OB marking?
Your friends having a good time drinking off You.

read the local rules.
Play as is and where is.
If you move the ball, +1 stroke
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ball landed behind tee box   Ball landed behind tee box I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 9:58 pm

If there is no OB marker, should play as it is.

If you played off the blue tee, this means you would probably have a "black tee" distance to shoot for your 2nd shot. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Ball landed behind tee box   Ball landed behind tee box I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 10:46 am

The golfer has to buy beers for all his flight mates ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ball landed behind tee box   Ball landed behind tee box I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 11:42 am

we practice white didnot cross red, beer,
white did not cross white............. wine
white did not cross blue ..............siao liao
blue cross black ............. lobsters .... moo deng...

good luck u ppl
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Ball landed behind tee box   Ball landed behind tee box I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 11:46 am

If teed off at black @ MBGC, and ball ricocheted to the The Canopy  Shocked ... 10-course seafood dinner @ East Coast Jumbo restuarant! Laughing
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ball landed behind tee box   Ball landed behind tee box I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 12:57 pm

Wow, this is worse than taking a +2 for OB. 
Hope his buddies have mercy on him.  Lobster, Jumbo seafood, wine beer. Probably no golf for 6 months to recover from damage...
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
apogee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ball landed behind tee box   Ball landed behind tee box I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 6:32 pm

Thanks, guys.
Back to top Go down
zhian
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ball landed behind tee box   Ball landed behind tee box I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 6:56 pm

apogee wrote:
Thanks, guys.

Happens to everyone.. Dont worry about it...  Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ball landed behind tee box   Ball landed behind tee box I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 9:02 pm

Many years back, I played in an inter-club competition and my partner was a very experienced low single handicaper who has won numerous club competitions. Whilst teeing off at one particular hole, much to my surprise, he duffed the shot into the water just in front of the tee box. His second attempt was the same. He was puzzled and muttering to himself. But the remarkable thing was he recovered very quickly from that split moment and was back to his usual game thereafter. The episode taught me a good lesson. In this fickled and difficult game, everyone can and will make mistakes. The better players are able to self analyse their likely errors and make corrections. From this incident, I learnt not to be harsh on myself and to laugh at my mistakes. It helped lessen the tensions and expectations, particularly when teeing off in front of spectators. Just play to enjoy the game. Smile
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ball landed behind tee box   Ball landed behind tee box I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 8:05 am

apogee wrote:
I teed off last Sunday.  My ball hit a tree and ricochet back and landed about 20 metres behind the tee box.  Am I OB?
You must have hit a solid shot to have a good bounce back.

all the beer, lobsters...... worth it.

wat are the odds that U can buy lunches, dinner, etc etc for your friends..
if they consume, next time, they do it , U just order the food and drinks.

like mahjong, it is revolving around the table.

But still have to check the local rules to see if U are OB. 
good one as most LOOK forward.

good luck
Back to top Go down
audibum
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ball landed behind tee box   Ball landed behind tee box I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 2:14 pm

Hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Ball landed behind tee box   Ball landed behind tee box I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 2:47 pm

There was a game where we played from blue tee.

One player tee off way left. Although the ball flew past red tee, it hit a tree, bounce back, roll on track and roll behind blue tee ...

Result: the whole flight had a good laugh, unforgettable trash talking and 3 jug of ice cold beers Smile
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: Ball landed behind tee box   Ball landed behind tee box I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 2:50 pm

Gofnut wrote:
Many years back, I played in an inter-club competition and my partner was a very experienced low single handicaper who has won numerous club competitions. Whilst teeing off at one particular hole, much to my surprise, he duffed the shot into the water just in front of the tee box. His second attempt was the same. He was puzzled and muttering to himself. But the remarkable thing was he recovered very quickly from that split moment and was back to his usual game thereafter. The episode taught me a good lesson. In this fickled and difficult game, everyone can and will make mistakes. The better players are able to self analyse their likely errors and make corrections. From this incident, I learnt not to be harsh on myself and to laugh at my mistakes. It helped lessen the tensions and expectations, particularly when teeing off in front of spectators. Just play to enjoy the game. Smile
was that ChrisD?
Back to top Go down
judith
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ball landed behind tee box   Ball landed behind tee box I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 3:49 pm

interesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ball landed behind tee box   Ball landed behind tee box I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ball landed behind tee box
Page 1 of 1