Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...

Go down 
+22
dtan
Winston
eyz4eva
Ssquirrel
ChrisD
xavierong71
vinjess
icta
Kaii
TerenceDeSouza
flashpacker
kissthegreen
bkll
nutty88
neutralgolfer
smokey
18underPar
toonified
Nam Flog
lousyswinger
xredevilx
peace2903
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
xavierong71
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 8:06 am

100 per club?
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 8:24 am

One session la
Back to top Go down
xavierong71
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 8:39 am

For one session they will do all the necessary alteration to all the iron amd driver including studying your swing ? Sound reasonable to me if it so. Per session 2 hrs minimum i presume
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 9:16 am

Fitting is complementary if you do purchase a set of irons or driver from them.
Tempted to get fitted to the United irons. 
Make sure I detour from Bukit Batok range, if not sure Kanna hook to buy them.
Back to top Go down
TerenceDeSouza
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 9:23 am

xavierong71 wrote:
For one session they will do all the necessary alteration to all the iron amd driver including studying your swing ? Sound reasonable to me if it so. Per session 2 hrs minimum i presume

Irons and Driver are separate packages.

My friend recently just did a Driver Fitting (session lasted 2 hours for $70 bucks)

I went to the fitter because i wanted a new set of irons Very Happy So i bought the iron heads & grip and headed to the fitter to get my specifications meted out for the shafts that fit my swing.

Personally, i feel retrofitting (old clubs) isnt all that worth. If you feel ure not playing to the playing to the best of your ability, maybe spend that money and get a coach for a quickfix. (5 hours for $250-$500) Otherwise, ure more than welcome to indulge in jdm for a sweet looking set of irons Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 4:20 pm

nutty88 wrote:
I think club fitting is good provided you go to a good fitter. I also feel that one must attain at least some level consistencies in his / her swing before getting fitted or else it will be a total waste of money. If a fitter offers specific brands of shafts or heads, then there is always the agenda of selling something whether or not it is optimum for that individual. I would typically avoid such fitters.
I went to try fitting at Callaway in Carlsbad... they only offered a specific brand leh Sad .. but the fitting session was not bad... hahahaa albino
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 4:30 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
nutty88 wrote:
I think club fitting is good provided you go to a good fitter. I also feel that one must attain at least some level consistencies in his / her swing before getting fitted or else it will be a total waste of money. If a fitter offers specific brands of shafts or heads, then there is always the agenda of selling something whether or not it is optimum for that individual. I would typically avoid such fitters.
I went to try fitting at Callaway in Carlsbad... they only offered a specific brand leh Sad .. but the fitting session was not bad... hahahaa albino

ah..... that's provided you like callaway my friend which I don't. I like Japanese girls...... oops, i meant JDM clubs.
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 6:51 pm

if you do not know what u want, don't think any club fitter can help you. all they do is club length , lie angle and spine the shafts. Let you test all the clubs with all the shafts till u think u are better with this or that. 1 month later u start to think again. HAVE HE DONE IT CORRECTLY?
Back to top Go down
eyz4eva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 8:53 pm

vinjess wrote:
One session la

can you share what does the fitting session entail?
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 9:05 pm

nutty88 wrote:
Ssquirrel wrote:
nutty88 wrote:

ah..... that's provided you like callaway my friend which I don't. I like Japanese girls...... oops, i meant JDM clubs.

No wonder you dont come vietnam anymore....
Back to top Go down
dtan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
dtan

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 11:35 pm

TerenceDeSouza wrote:
I've been to WIZGOLF at bukit batok range. Fitter's name was Hong. I never felt that he was going to hard sell me any of their products. Each fitting session lasted about 2 hours followed by another 2 hours of optimization with the completed build.

I guess the best piece of advice would be to engage a coach to work on your swing and then head to a fitter for your new clubs.

I can conquer to that......finally got my club customized by Hong of Wizgolf. After playing the game for about 10yrs with set brought off the shelve I score around 90 to 95 per game ( I play once a week) and I thought that is the best I can do. Finally I have my Driver and Iron set fitted by Hong last year and now my game has improve, especially my fairway to green regulation has greatly improve. Thanks to Hong Bro cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://davidtnm@yahoo.com
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 10:10 pm

My current shaft was a little heavy, i could hit good shots but somehow couldn't get good consistency in distances and dispersion, just couldn't hit the centre of the club face enough. 

Went for fitting this morning, got re-shafted (17gm lighter) and some length taken off and got smaller grips. Long story short, felt more confident over the ball, distances and dispersion honed in (not further but much tighter), super happy with the results!

Yes fitting is not for everyone, you need meaningful data to tweak. So if you numbers are super off and inconsistent, even the best fitters would not know what to do. Other than that, i seriously believe getting fit according to your physical capability and characteristics is a great idea!
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:38 am

Chim ah... Could hit good shots but not consistent with dispersion & distance??? So not consistent with good shots? Or good shots include shots short & going left & right?
Back to top Go down
grwilliam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 10:00 am

How many golfers out there are consistently consistent? Club fitting can only help if the golfer has some degree of consistency in his swing.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 10:40 am

Huh....

In order to be fitted, you must know what u want out of the fitting. Dun expect to play longer, straighter or even tighter dispersion when u dun have a consistent swing to start with.

For my golfing journey I only went for static fitting (tell the club fitter my ball flight n what i desired out of the fitting ie higher ball flight, more centered hits etc). After the fitting, it took me a few more weeks before getting used to the set.

To have tighter dispersion, u must have a consistent swing, consistent centered hits coupled with the correct shaft flex in order to give u the desired dispersion. That is what I felt on fitting.
Back to top Go down
bkll
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bkll

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 5:00 pm

dtan wrote:
TerenceDeSouza wrote:
I've been to WIZGOLF at bukit batok range. Fitter's name was Hong. I never felt that he was going to hard sell me any of their products. Each fitting session lasted about 2 hours followed by another 2 hours of optimization with the completed build.

I guess the best piece of advice would be to engage a coach to work on your swing and then head to a fitter for your new clubs.

I can conquer to that......finally got my club customized by Hong of Wizgolf. After playing the game for about 10yrs with set brought off the shelve I score around 90 to 95 per game ( I play once a week) and I thought that is the best I can do. Finally I have my Driver and Iron set fitted by Hong last year and now my game has improve, especially my fairway to green regulation has greatly improve. Thanks to Hong Bro cheers cheers cheers

Hi,

Did you guys take your existing driver and have the shaft changed? Or did you have the entire club custom made including the head?

Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 5:33 pm

Make sure u guys call and arranged for an appointment if you want to get fitted at Wiz Golf, rejected when I went down without making another.  Can't blame them as their shop is filled with too many customers clubs and just too busy. But I will wait for the next slot available. That's what Singaporean always like to do, queue up. Hahaha.
Back to top Go down
TerenceDeSouza
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 9:05 am

bkll wrote:
dtan wrote:
TerenceDeSouza wrote:

Hi,

Did you guys take your existing driver and have the shaft changed? Or did you have the entire club custom made including the head?

I bought the Driver head and shaft from wizgolf. For my irons, i bought the heads and grips online then proceeded for the fitting session to try out the different shafts
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 1:02 pm

Took a spin in the range with my newly fitted clubs, can't describe, "It just feels right"!
I can visualise a good shot just standing at address, everything feels well balanced, centred strike mostly.  

I play low/mid 80's so i want to see if any significant difference. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 11:17 pm

yaozza07 wrote:
Took a spin in the range with my newly fitted clubs, can't describe, "It just feels right"!
I can visualise a good shot just standing at address, everything feels well balanced, centred strike mostly.  

Like that, you'll play 70s soon!  Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 11:20 pm

flashpacker wrote:
yaozza07 wrote:

If one wants to achieve a score in the 70s, focus more on short game ... Thats the essence of breaking 80 ... But I've not reached that stage yet ... A couple of single handicappers told me that based on their experiences ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 11:32 pm

Oyaozza07 wrote:

Can't wait to play with you and learn more from you.
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 12:10 pm

Turbo wrote:
flashpacker wrote:
yaozza07 wrote:

If one wants to achieve a score in the 70s, focus more on short game ... Thats the essence of breaking 80 ... But I've not reached that stage yet ... A couple of single handicappers told me that based on their experiences ... Laughing

Yea, my good buddy is a handicap 4 and he told me its all in the head. He said from 24 to 12 is maybe swing and equipment, etc. But single digits its how you control your mind, don't let bad shots effect you, play smart, minimise risk. Woo! :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...   Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club Fitting..... Maybe not for everyone...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2