Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Horizon Hills Golf Course

Go down 
+13
Gofnut
iuh
MPA
Ghostarr
lamegolfer
Denmeister
Tituman
uncleP
freedrop
skybobo
jascon77
maverick0118
oldie-newbie
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghostarr
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Horizon Hills Golf Course Empty
PostSubject: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 2:38 pm

Hi all,

A few of my friends and I are going to Horizon Hills (JB) to play a round of golf. I've heard great things about the course and it looks great on the website. We've booked the 7.15am flight and we should get there on time, but if lets say we are a little late (if say we arrive at 7.30am) does anyone know how strict they are on punctuality? Please let me know if you've ever played at Horizon hills and if you've ever been late!

Also, any tips for a first timer there would be welcome! 

Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 2:48 pm

depends on when you are playing, they can be strict especially weekends and public holidays. They will move you to last flight. Very nice course with fast greens usually. Remember proper attire else they will ask you to go buy from the proshop. Tuck in your shirts as well.
Back to top Go down
maverick0118
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 2:54 pm

It always good to be there at least 30 mins before your tee time.  Not forgetting that you need to go get change, and pay up at the counter (which may take a while at times, depending on queue and the counter staff).

Suggestions, if you are there first time, bring more balls, as quite a lot of water hazards and green are super fast.  Buggy not permitted on fairway as well, so expect to walk quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
jascon77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jascon77

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi,  they are not that strict given that you have not paid anyway.  If you are late, they could just bring you forward to the next available flight and somebody would have teed off during your flight time.

I think the same goes for most if not all of the other courses in JB. They are just happy we are there to spend money. HH is a very nice course, having a compulsory caddy is also a good experience (except when they start acting as your swing coach).

Happy golfing!
Back to top Go down
Ghostarr
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 2:59 pm

Thanks a lot for all the feedback, it's all useful. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 4:04 pm

Bro, do make it a point to reach at least 30 mins before tee off. Else, if u rush, the first few holes likely goner
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 4:15 pm

You should not book any game if you are already planning to be late. 

If you know you are likely to be late, start your journey earlier, way earlier.

What's the issue?
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 1:20 pm

early bird got discount?
if plan for 7.15 flight!
1/2 hour ahead is 6.45
den 45 minutes from JB custom = 6 am
to cross both custom?????
530 or latest 545 to be at singapore custom.

who can predict what is going to happen at the custom??

good luck

...PS if they show U ppl face, den post on the internet lor
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 10:22 am

uncleP wrote:
early bird got discount?
if plan for 7.15 flight!
1/2 hour ahead is 6.45
den 45 minutes from JB custom = 6 am
to cross both custom?????
530 or latest 545 to be at singapore custom.

who can predict what is going to happen at the custom??

good luck

...PS if they show U ppl face, den post on the internet lor
Likey. cheers Thats the way it should be.
Happy New Year.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 7:27 pm

There are golf rules and there are also golf etiquette.

Being on time for your tee off is an etiquette. It shows that you respect other people's time and your own time too.

Let's just paint another scenario where you arrive late for your tee off and the starter informs you that you lost your privilege to play at that moment in time. You will have to wait until all the rest of the flights tee off. Will that be something you are prepared to accept?

What if you are the only one late and all your other flightmates lost their opportunity to play on that day, how will you feel?

getting a tee off time is just like any other important appointments that you make with friends or business partners.  being on time speaks volumes about your character.
Back to top Go down
lamegolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 10:48 pm

Wouldn't it be nice to be early, relax & get ready for a great game? Why plan to be late?
Back to top Go down
Ghostarr
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 11:08 pm

Lol... Love Denmeister's "character" response!

Ok, some of you need to lighten up a bit and get off your high horse on this forum especially when someone new to the sport has a legitimate question. I never said we planned to be late. Was just a question about what would happen if we were to be late!

What a bunch of characters! :p
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 6:11 pm

When you ask what will happen if you were late, you are not sure if you can make it on time. You already have a doubt in your mind, and you are planning the possibility of being late.

What is so high horse about this? Being punctual is basic courtesy for anything, not just golf. 

Denmeister gave a very good reply, nothing high horse about his opinion.
Back to top Go down
Ghostarr
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 7:02 pm

Contemplating a hypothetical scenario where we are late vs planning to be late are two very different things.

Surely it is good to be prepared or at least be aware of what happens when things don't go according to plan.

And if you still can't see what's so "high horse" about his post and to a certain extent yours, maybe get off your own high horse/pony, look at the question from another point of view and you'll see what I mean Smile
Back to top Go down
MPA
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 7:18 pm

Ghostarr wrote:
Surely it is good to be prepared or at least be aware of what happens when things don't go according to plan. 
S**t do happen....good to know what is the consequences when it happen.
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
iuh

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 11:09 pm

Ghostarr wrote:
Contemplating a hypothetical scenario where we are late vs planning to be late are two very different things.

And if you still can't see what's so "high horse" about his post and to a certain extent yours, maybe get off your own high horse/pony, look at the question from another point of view and you'll see what I mean Smile

well, since u asked for tips, you should take in all of them without getting defensive / offended.

whats with the horse? its year of the goat. chill
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 8:43 am

Ghostarr wrote:

I did what you suggested....I looked at it from my angle, and my experience with some golfers who were unsure of their timing and at the end made 3 other friends (now ex-friends because of punctuality) waited like idiots at the tee box. But of course, we waited a while and decided to tee off without the real idiot.

May be I sound high horse. But I'd rather be on high horse than being late, golf or any other appointments. I have fired one of my managers just for being late without valid reasons. High handed? Yes. Who lose the job? Not me.

And I still maintained that if you think you may be late, you better skip the game or book a later tee off time. You can't ask for first tee time and then hope to make it without sacrificing some sleep.

And the consequence of being late on golf appointments ? Lost friendship ! Which is a lot more costlier than cash penalty.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 10:28 am

My "another point of view" is always thinking how my actions will affect others.

If I am late, my flightmates may miss their post game appointments.  

If I am late, their wives may be angry with for coming home late and not allow them to play the next time. 

There are many other negative consequences that I can think of, but I have painted a clear picture of how my tardiness can create inconveniences for OTHERS.

Why don't you enlighten me on the other positive points of view that my lateness will create?  I am curious to know too.

As far as I am concerned, I will ensure I do everything that I can to arrive at the club before my tee off time.  If I need to stay in a hotel the night before in order to make it for my early morning tee time, I will do that.
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
iuh

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 10:31 am

Denmeister wrote:

If I am late, their wives may be angry with for coming home late and not allow them to play the next time. 

This is so right  lol!
Back to top Go down
Ghostarr
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 11:54 am

Denmeister wrote:

Why don't you enlighten me on the other positive points of view that my lateness will create?  I am curious to know too.

You guys are hilarious 

Good for you that you take extra steps to be punctual *pat on the back*! unfortunately, you've completely missed the point of my post. Thankfully, there are others on here who were able to answer my question properly without feeling the need to preach about life lessons and judgment of character (though I'm pretty sure you felt good about yourself while typing it out)!

Your assumption that I think there are positives to lateness genuinely made me chuckle this morning, it is like teeing off at hole 1 with your ball landing at hole 5! It's out there...way out!
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 12:25 pm

Hi Ghostarr,

You remind me of an old TV program. Think its called "You asked For It!"
Back to top Go down
johnteo7
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 8:15 pm

Just for reference,  i will wake up at 4am+, leave home at 5am and meet my flight mates together at meeting point (car pooling) at 5.30am, leave meeting point at 5.45am to tuas checkpoint, reach kopitiam for breakfast near horizon hill around 6.30am, leave kopitiam around 7.15am and reach HHCC and change..tee off at 8am..
Back to top Go down
Eferata
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Eferata

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 1:02 am

Hi ghostarr, 
Take it easy, fellow brothers mean well.
I understand that u ask this question just 
in case, but if u really worry that it might 
Jam or what, just make it earlier. I believe 
Second link will not jam before 6am (though
Things might happen). And wish u have a happy
session.

Regards,
Eferata
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 8:46 am

Btw, in this game, if you are late for a tourney, you will be dq for it. Like all pro sports men and women, they are always early to some warm up. When u planned for something always planned for rooms to have some delayed. If early, good lor can take your time enjoy your breakfast or meals before game.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 6:27 pm

Most golfers or rather serious golfers are xiao lang. I am one of them. U know nsrcc range open 7am right. Guess what time I reach? 5.30am I will go pick balls and then warm up abt 100 balls. If I managed to play 736 that morning and my game screwed, I will go straight to range after game and try to straighten things out ......in time for buying lunch for wife and kid....

Xiao lang?? Ha ha, just for the love of the game and some personal pride.

Give the TS a break, he prob just started golf and not as serious as some of us

Happy CNY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills Golf Course   Horizon Hills Golf Course I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horizon Hills Golf Course
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next