Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Horizon Hills

Go down 
+10
deserttiger
Derek
yappy48
jaketang
chemicalpro
rocky
Slicer
JohnBGLee
Wongster
Edgarkj
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Edgarkj
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Horizon Hills Empty
PostSubject: Horizon Hills   Horizon Hills I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:16 pm

Tried booking today at horizon hills over the phone.

Receptionists asked if i wanted china or indonesian caddy???? China more expensive by a few bucks.

Anyone has any experience either way?
Back to top Go down
Wongster
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Horizon Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills   Horizon Hills I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:24 pm

I usually go without caddies if given a choice. On weekends and public hols, the caddies are usually all used up. Otherwise caddies are mandatory

Had a sessions with Indonesian caddies once... would describe it as ok only, not really that competent with offering advice.

My boss asked the reception once why Chinese caddies are more exp, and they replied ,"they are more sexy"

Laughing
Back to top Go down
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

Horizon Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills   Horizon Hills I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:25 pm

Interesting Course.
We engaged a Indonesian Caddy. Worth the $$$ spend. She knows how to read line other then cleaning the ball, cleaning the clubs and marking the ball.

We even tips her after the game.
Back to top Go down
Edgarkj
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Horizon Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills   Horizon Hills I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:38 pm

actually been hearing of some hanky panky going on with the chinese caddys! i can't imagine that happening on a golf course! heh
Back to top Go down
Slicer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Horizon Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills   Horizon Hills I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:11 pm

Indo caddy is rm42, china caddy rm57.

I tot it a standard thing to give tips to caddy after the game. Amt depends on the caddy ability to read the green and correct distance advice from fairway. Normally we would give abt rm 30-50 per buggy.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

Horizon Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills   Horizon Hills I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:23 pm

Never liked this place. Been there 3 to 4 times and my experience has been quite bad. Go there, try the food. You will be in for a big surprise.

The caddies there, in my opinion, are there to do husband hunting.

The locker room is fantastic. The facilities are adequate and very well maintained. Afterall, it is new.

The course is great, except that it is buggy on track. The course is new so the trees are rather small and thin. There aren't overhanging leaves to obstruct your long iron shots. The greens are pretty well maintained. Greens are pretty fast by my standards.

There is an island green par 3. For me it is one of the most challenging holes on the course. The rest of the course is long and tests your woods shots.

The crowd there may sometimes put you off. I've played behind a 4 ball playing off the blue when they obviously can't. They even waited for the flight in front to finish PUTTING before tee off. I think the pace, sometimes, is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

Horizon Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills   Horizon Hills I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm

Edgarkj wrote:
actually been hearing of some hanky panky going on with the chinese caddys! i can't imagine that happening on a golf course! heh

Its quite common mate. They have brought the funk to this gentlemen's game. The 19th hole man... straight up elephant
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

Horizon Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills   Horizon Hills I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 8:40 am

Wongster wrote:

My boss asked the reception once why Chinese caddies are more exp, and they replied ,"they are more sexy"

Laughing

this really makes me laugh off my chair coz i remb golfing @ palm villa with LLP after our reservist...

i were smoking at the reception when i saw 2 chinese gals in caddie uniform...
i were like... "u sure the buggy can still move if we got these 2 on the back of the buggy???!!!!"whahahaha
i remb telling LLP, u see "ta wan zi and xiao wan zi" lolz....
Back to top Go down
yappy48
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Horizon Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills   Horizon Hills I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 12:02 pm

One of the nicer course in JB and pretty challenging too (maybe is still new) .. yup have to agreed that the food served at the club house is so so.

Hope they can maintain the condition and the price as well.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

Horizon Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills   Horizon Hills I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:40 pm

For the caddies, I guess whether you prefer Indonesian or Chinese depends on your proficiency in the language they are proficient in. Sometimes it is fun to banter with them.

On a more serious note, some of the caddies are very good, some are just used to carry clubs for you. I use the China caddies nowadays because the chance of miscommunication is lessened. The last time I asked an Indonesian caddy "How far to reach the bunker?", she misunderstood as "How far to carry the bunker" ... thinking I could not reach the bunker I happily whacked my driver ... straight into the bunker (Moral of the story, don't aim at a hazard, you might get lucky and hit it straight ...)

As for reading the break on the greens, my personal opinion is that the china caddies are better at it, however, since amount of break is very dependant on speed, and the greens are fast, you have to clarify with them what speed do they have in mind when the show you the break. However, the best caddy I had (in terms of reading greens and advising where to place shots) is an Indonesian. I've forgotten her name, but she plays off a 14 handicap and is a regular caddy for a couple of Touring Pros when they play at Horizon.
Back to top Go down
deserttiger
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
deserttiger

Horizon Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills   Horizon Hills I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 4:01 pm

how is this course on weekdays? crowded?
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

Horizon Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills   Horizon Hills I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 4:48 pm

deserttiger wrote:
how is this course on weekdays? crowded?

This course is the same on weekdays as it is on weekends. No.
Back to top Go down
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Horizon Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills   Horizon Hills I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 10:45 pm

saw your posting that booking thru phone. is it call to the horizon hills straight? what is the price nowadays, do you know? never been there yet. hope to try if i can get buddy to go with me.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Horizon Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills   Horizon Hills I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 10:48 pm

mi5trooper wrote:
saw your posting that booking thru phone. is it call to the horizon hills straight? what is the price nowadays, do you know? never been there yet. hope to try if i can get buddy to go with me.
Depending on wkdays or wkend, wkdays can be around rm180 wkend can be around rm300. It's a very good course with rough not for the faint hearted.
Back to top Go down
krone
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Horizon Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills   Horizon Hills I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:26 pm

enwee wrote:
mi5trooper wrote:
Depending on wkdays or wkend, wkdays can be around rm180 wkend can be around rm300. It's a very good course with rough not for the faint hearted.

was just there today and last thurs... there is a promotion going on i think only until end of this month. 130 for weekday and 170 for sunday pm... if i dun remember wrongly its 230 for saturday... all these is not including compulsory caddie fee of 60... nowadays i only see philipino caddies...

personally feel is that the fairway is not very well maintained... the course is tough because of the numerous bunkers... and the few island green which test the accuracy of ur shots...
Back to top Go down
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Horizon Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills   Horizon Hills I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:45 pm

thanks brothers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Horizon Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horizon Hills   Horizon Hills I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horizon Hills
Page 1 of 1