Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recommended golf cart or stand bag?

Go down 
+8
kissthegreen
Turbo
enwee
imrog
Winston
flashpacker
myojomee
billcoke
12 posters
AuthorMessage
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Recommended golf cart or stand bag? Empty
PostSubject: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 11:16 am

I'm looking for a golf bag with the following features, but can't decide between a cart or stand bag.

- 14 or 7 dividers
- sufficient storage

which bag would you recommend?
Back to top Go down
myojomee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
myojomee

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 3:27 pm

You can look for a hybrid which caters to both needs. (i recommend sun-mountain hybrids, if you are not too price sensitive).

If you are planning on walking courses, you might want to consider something like the Ogio Wisp.

IMHO, get both! That way, you will have the versatility of storage and mobility when the need arises. There are some pretty great deals on Carousel and/or Golf Direct for the Taylormade 14 dividers.

Source: i have 7 bags (4 stands and 3 carts) and its too many!
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 7:07 pm

I have a Titleist 14 divider standbag in pretty good condition.
PM me if keen.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 8:19 pm

http://www.ping.com/bags/cart.aspx

Look at the Ping Pioneer. Hoping to buy one when I head back to singapore in a few days time..
Back to top Go down
myojomee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
myojomee

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 8:39 pm

looks like a beau! Add a photo when you do.
Back to top Go down
imrog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 8:41 pm

@Winston try GD, they carry Ping bags
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 10:43 pm

myojomee wrote:
You can look for a hybrid which caters to both needs. (i recommend sun-mountain hybrids, if you are not too price sensitive).

If you are planning on walking courses, you might want to consider something like the Ogio Wisp.

IMHO, get both! That way, you will have the versatility of storage and mobility when the need arises. There are some pretty great deals on Carousel and/or Golf Direct for the Taylormade 14 dividers.

Source: i have 7 bags (4 stands and 3 carts) and its too many!

Many thanks guys...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 12:00 am

Stand bag for local games and maybe jb. Cart bags for overseas game that required u to take plane. With or without 14 dividers is individual.
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 12:43 am

enwee wrote:
Stand bag for local games and maybe jb. Cart bags for overseas game that required u to take plane. With or without 14 dividers is individual.

Anyone here using a hybrid bag? any recommendation?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 10:04 am

billcoke wrote:
enwee wrote:

Anyone here using a hybrid bag? any recommendation?

I am using a TM Hybrid bag ... I also have a Staff Tour bag and a water-proof standbag ...

The TM Hybrid which I owned has a slightly bigger base ... It can't fit into the buggy bag slot nicely and hence I have to slant it a little ... The TM Hybrid bag is sturdier and tougher than a standbag in general ...
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 2:30 pm

Suggest to go for those lighweight cart bags. Spacious and light. Used to carry a nice tour bag but my frailing body say otherwise (though i am driving).. Smile
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 12:53 am

kissthegreen wrote:
Suggest to go for those lighweight cart bags. Spacious and light. Used to carry a nice tour bag but my frailing body say otherwise (though i am driving).. Smile
I thought buggy is used on most courses? So why worries about the weight of the Tour bag?

In my opinion, for overseas game, better to use Tour/Cart Bag ... Tougher and can protect your expensive equipment ... For local game, better to use either Cart or Stand bag because when you place the bag on the buggy, you have problem in accessing the compartment behind the Tour bag ... Tour Bag is designed to put many accessories beside clubs and usually used when Caddy is available ... Cartbag and Stand bags do not have a large compartment behind the bags ... All the compartments are accessible from the front as the former is designed to be used on a buggy whilst the latter is designed for golfer who plays in a walking course.

For Malaysia game, since one usually car-pull, better to use compressible standbag as boot space is a luxury ...

cheers
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 10:58 am

True, turbo.. Mine and missus' golf bag are constantly in my car boot. Ready for golf anytime Twisted Evil
Lazy to change bags and having both lightweight bags help. Smile And yes, i do use a golf travel bag for the batams/bintans... afro
Back to top Go down
GooGie
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
GooGie

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 8:31 am

Isetan Sales coming next week! You'll likely find a large range of bags at reasonable prices there.
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:48 am

A "hybrid" golf bag might suit your needs best. We're using the 2015 TaylorMade Supreme Hybrid right now and absolutely love it. Shape and storage of a cart bag, but light and mobile like a standbag. The TMAG staff player caddies even used it during the Waste Management Phoenix Open. Might want to look into that bag or something similar to it.

http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/blog/2015/02/17/taylormade-supreme-hybrid/
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
Kyser
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 7:08 pm

depends on your game. If most are played on buddy, then a cart bag is good. Otherwise a standbag if you walk
Back to top Go down
Kyser
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 7:08 pm

buggy
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 9:54 am

14 way divider bags are overrated. I have a Titleist 14 way standbag and my clubs clang together when I walk on the course. I don't use those iron covers thingy, so it hurts every step i take. Sometimes i'll shove my cleaning towel in between the clubs but doesn't look sexy :p
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 10:52 am

The purpose of the 14-way dividers is for ease of loading and withdrawing of clubs in a speedy manner. Certainly not to protect your iron heads knocking against each other ...
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 3:05 pm

The dividers is also to protect the shafts cheers
Back to top Go down
Kyser
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 12:31 pm

I find it better to use iron covers. but it is a hassle to use them when playing on walking course
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended golf cart or stand bag?   Recommended golf cart or stand bag? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommended golf cart or stand bag?
Page 1 of 1