Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended? Empty
PostSubject: OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended?   OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 5:00 pm

I can't decide between getting a OCC Gold or Silver Golfing membership. Apart from the free green fees for Gold membership, is the $21,400 transfer fee for Gold worth the money? 

If you have OCC golfing membership, care to share your experience and comments?

http://www.orchidclub.com/moby/cms/Membership/RatesnFees/
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended?   OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 4:55 pm

It depends on how often you play.  

My case was that my wife and I play almost every weekend and it was worth upgrading from Silver to Gold.  

I know of some who plays irregularly and happy with Silver cos they use the other club facilities more.
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended?   OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 4:58 pm

Then not forgetting that in 2030, we won't be playing there anymore... so if you think you don't mind putting in that 21k, then ok.  I heard rumours that we'll get a new 18 hole from SICC... how true is that I don't know.  Will we have to pay extra for that?  I also don't know.
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended?   OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 5:42 pm

I thought SICC giving up their 18 hole to NTUC as MBGC land is going back to government?
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended?   OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 12:28 am

artchang00 wrote:

My case was that my wife and I play almost every weekend and it was worth upgrading from Silver to Gold.  

I know of some who plays irregularly and happy with Silver cos they use the other club facilities more.

totally agree with you.
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended?   OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 8:51 am

Well, it's all rumours... MBGC gets one 18-hole and OCC gets the other 18-hole.  Both are also NTUC-related...
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended?   OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 11:26 am

Correction: MBGC's confirmed getting one of SICC's course
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended?   OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 1:46 pm

artchang00 wrote:

For gold membership, are spouse and principal card holders entitled to the same privileges, eg: free golf for spouse too.
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended?   OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 8:39 pm

For both Silver and Gold, same.  Other family members too, as long as they are under 18 or 21... best to call up the club to confirm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended?   OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OCC Golfing Gold vs Silver? Which is recommended?
Page 1 of 1