Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon

Go down 
+48
scubababe
asahi
archie
rossve
wintan
Tituman
oned10t
golfbeginner
bintanlagoon
JL_chong
Mizzman
Wongster
vyvy
Duval_S
JupJup
hoelwill
poresia
Cyp_PGA
missmoon
JonL_TK
Elbry
Slicer
wilkang
al1388
freedrop
colin2011
janetlee
zephyr_bloom
star
LinLauPeh
katherinechiok
bryantee84
botak
ChrisD
daveaha
TheFocalPoint
eiji
nientsu
jaketang
JK
Seiko
mysticsea
mloy
Technospaz
crystal_tiong
chocoman
pocketace
sunny
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Please add name:
1. Sunny
2. missmoon
3. katherinechiok
4. nientsu
5. botak (very interested, will confirm again before deadline)
Back to top Go down
bryantee84
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:39 pm

@sunny do we need PC or handicap to golf at bintan? myself & gf are interested, but we do not have any PC nor handicap atm.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:57 pm

Bryant, nope. not required

hope to see you two there

Last edited by sunny on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
katherinechiok
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
katherinechiok

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:40 am

chocoman wrote:
sunny wrote:
I didn't factor in the cost ria bintan. We could of course arrange it privately for those who wish to play there on the day 2 but then the cost would not be the same anymore.

You can alway 'chop' kat to bunk in

u refering to me???? santa santa

psst.. see my avatar again, i give u my carrot to 'chop' Razz

Please add name:
1. Sunny
2. missmoon
3. katherinechiok
4. nientsu
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
LinLauPeh

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:56 am

1. Sunny
2. missmoon
3. katherinechiok
4. nientsu
5. botak (very interested, will confirm ag
5+1. LLP (TBC)
Back to top Go down
star
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
star

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 2:09 pm

Very interested... but don't think can make it... major corporate event on the 22nd... but if this does go through, it's going to be another "milestone" for the organising committee of GR... jiayou! Smile
Back to top Go down
zephyr_bloom
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zephyr_bloom

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:16 am

Hi! My fren and I are very keen... May i ask:

Does the group have to tee-off in the same session? Can choose to tee-off at different timing/session? Say most tee-off in am but some in pm...

Can opt for only 1 X 18 hole game on one of the days so that it is "free and easy" (e.g. spa) for the other day Very Happy

Pardon me if the above queries are ludicrous. Rather new to golf and have not gone overseas for a game.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:20 am

Hi zephr bloom, yes to all. The cost per item is out there. You can calculate how much it cost from the items.
Back to top Go down
zephyr_bloom
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zephyr_bloom

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:44 am

Thanks Sunny! Very Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please add name:
1. Sunny
2. missmoon
3. katherinechiok
4. nientsu
5+1. LLP (TBC)
7+1. zephyr_bloom & fren (TBC. "Leave application battle" with colleagues first)
Back to top Go down
janetlee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
janetlee

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:01 pm

What about checking the rate for day tripper for people who wish to join in the game but not staying overnight?

I cannot play golf continuously for two consecutive days. No stamina & energy! My 18 holes game already need two to three days to recuperate.
Back to top Go down
colin2011
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
colin2011

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:08 pm

I got Bintan Lagoon golf vouchers....

don't know if it can be use ?? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:11 pm

This should be flexible. I can help arrange for it.

For those who wish to golf nonstop, we will check the price for unlimited golf.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:22 pm

It's too near CNY, else I will be keen to join. I play there free of green fees anyway.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:53 pm

I have rates for daytripper. But not very worth it to go all the way and pay so much ferry for one game...
Back to top Go down
janetlee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
janetlee

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:19 pm

sunny wrote:
I have rates for daytripper. But not very worth it to go all the way and pay so much ferry for one game...

Try bargain for better rate since it is a big group. I believe they can work out something attractive. If not nevermind lah..
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:52 pm

Kudos to Golf Republic for securing such good rates! I just got back from Bintan Lagoon over the weekend and I want to share my observations with you folks
- IBF-Woodlands course – FW is firm yet spongy, so your ball sits up well. Certain greens are rather bumpy with hidden breaks, but it is soft enuf to hold the ball well (repair your pitch mark!). Good caddie with local knowledge will help read your line of putts. Some parts of the 18th hole are ‘botak’ and botak patches are GUR (free drop). Otherwise, the course plays very well despite the current monsoon season. Less crowded course compared to JN-Seaview, hence pace of play is great!
- JN – Seaview course – FW is good too. Greens less bumpy compared to IBF course, less hidden breaks, also soft enough to hold your approach shots. This is busier of the 2 courses, so pace of play suffers a bit, but our 3 ball still complete our round in 4hr. Beautiful views and certain holes can be super windy, makes club selection tricky. Learn to hit punch shots before you go!
- Hotel – the rooms are undergoing conversion (estimate >50% done). We got the Deluxe seaview room that is newly renovated cheers . Silk disco, the Leisure / Entertainment centre, Hotel Lobby, shops in hotel have all gone thru recent renovation. There is a new bar (before the West Wing) on lobby level that can you can drink your beer and enjoy the ocean view in a distance
Summary: When you guys go there, hopefully all room conversion completed and the place should be in tip top shape to receive you. Enjoy this trip that GR organised!
Back to top Go down
al1388
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
al1388

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 7:53 am

One more pair

1. Sunny
2. missmoon
3. katherinechiok
4. nientsu
5+1. LLP (TBC)
7+1. zephyr_bloom & fren (TBC. "Leave application battle" with colleagues first)
8+1 al1388 & Friend

al
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 3:44 pm

Interesting..will check with my group.

Hope to join you all for this trip. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 3:58 pm

[quote="al1388"]One more pair

1. Sunny
2. missmoon
3. katherinechiok
4. nientsu
5+1. LLP (TBC)
8+1 al1388 & Friend
9. mloy
Back to top Go down
Slicer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 4:08 pm

For Bintan Lagoon, I remember with DBS platinum card, you just need to pay the buggy fees. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi Slicer,

The rates we are getting is already discounted and using DBS card wouldn't be worth it as you will end up paying more as the buggy fee for bintan lagoon is already 40 dollars without counting the caddy fee and lodging etc.

Thus it is only good if you are doing your own trip and playing bintan lagoon as part of the trip.
Back to top Go down
Elbry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Elbry

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 5:06 pm

Hey Sunny, I will be at Club Med Bintan with my wife on 18th and 19th Feb, do you think it is possible for me to join you guys for a game there on 19th morning? Logistically possible?

Not sure how far is club med from where you guys are going to be..
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:32 pm

It is fine! Just that you would need to settle your transport there
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:59 pm

Interested... I would assume can bring other friends to make up numbers right?
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:51 pm

sure can.. the more the merrier Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon   Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Republic 2D1N Trip to Bintan Lagoon
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next