Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How much are golf lesson? Ball park

Go down 
+7
chien
rapidmax
nremda
jgolfer
Turbo
oldie-newbie
jmchan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
jmchan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

How much are golf lesson? Ball park Empty
PostSubject: How much are golf lesson? Ball park   How much are golf lesson? Ball park I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:20 pm

My wifey is about to learn to play again (took lessons some 10+ years ago but didn't really take up the game) and was wondering what is the going rate for a package for say 10 X 1 hour individual lessons.

I know the rates differ depending on the qualification of the coach. I am just looking for some one who can her started in the game - so basics enough to get PC. Thanks.

Recommendation of a good patient(?) coach would also be appreciated. I went through some of the coach threads but they seem to be more targeted at seasoned golfers who wants to lower their handicap or drive 250m+
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much are golf lesson? Ball park   How much are golf lesson? Ball park I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:32 pm

Stargolf.com.sg. coach a bit personal but they have a lady coach there. The gd thing abt getting a pc from there is u can play mbgc occ etc. The website have got prces listed
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: How much are golf lesson? Ball park   How much are golf lesson? Ball park I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:34 pm

It ranges from $70 to $120 per hours for one-to-one session. If possible, get a female Korean Pro to teach your wifey will be idea ... Reason being Korean Female being an Asian lady understands female body structure better and Korean Pros usually possess very textbook swing which your wife could emulate. Of course I am not saying male coach is not suitable to teach ... Cool
Back to top Go down
jmchan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much are golf lesson? Ball park   How much are golf lesson? Ball park I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:39 pm

Turbo, thanks for the response. Just had feedback from a lady friend learning from Korean coach. She is having communication issue because she cannot understand the coach's English. Maybe it is just her!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: How much are golf lesson? Ball park   How much are golf lesson? Ball park I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:41 pm

jmchan wrote:
Turbo, thanks for the response. Just had feedback from a lady friend learning from Korean coach. She is having communication issue because she cannot understand the coach's English. Maybe it is just her!
You might wanna check with kissthegreen whose wifey was trained by a Korean female pro ... cheers
Back to top Go down
jmchan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much are golf lesson? Ball park   How much are golf lesson? Ball park I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:51 pm

Tubro, thanks.
Back to top Go down
jgolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much are golf lesson? Ball park   How much are golf lesson? Ball park I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 3:18 pm

same i'm looking for coach to mentor our swing,posture and etc. I have another friend whom is keen to learn too.
Back to top Go down
nremda
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
nremda

PostSubject: Re: How much are golf lesson? Ball park   How much are golf lesson? Ball park I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 6:59 pm

I would recommend Brad Walterhouse from Heartland Golf (JCC) and Justin Han from Seletar Country Club. 

Ask them first for a trial to see if the way they coach suits you. Coaching is a personal thing and if you can't develop a sense of trust in how they coach you, its possible you develop doubts in their methods.
Back to top Go down
rapidmax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much are golf lesson? Ball park   How much are golf lesson? Ball park I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 7:18 pm

A lady pro because I think they can understand ladies better.

I have seen lady pros at Bukit Batok (Korean) and MBGC. As mentioned by oldie-newbie, stargolf at MBGC has some perks because with their PC can play at MBGC and OCC.
Back to top Go down
jmchan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much are golf lesson? Ball park   How much are golf lesson? Ball park I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 8:34 pm

I wonder if some of the coaches lose patience with students who are not very athletic. My misses just wants to be able to move the ball forward, not lose too many balls in a round with no intention of being good. - really just to accompany me to the course especially when we are on vacation.

Same sort of approach as me - happy to remain as a 24 handicapper; just good enough not to hold up my flight mates or the flight behind.  Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: How much are golf lesson? Ball park   How much are golf lesson? Ball park I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 9:59 pm

I personally like coach Balraj at OCC range.. He's not as expensive as some but has a very good eye and he's a very good player as well..  

He coaches many Korean n Jap ladies too..

He will be coaching the winners of the upcoming WGC Tournament before they leave.. (See Straits Times yesterday)

cheers
Back to top Go down
jacjacq
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much are golf lesson? Ball park   How much are golf lesson? Ball park I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 12:46 am

New here  I'm also keen to look for a lady coach for 1 to 1 lessons.. anyone good recs?  Smile
Back to top Go down
philipbai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much are golf lesson? Ball park   How much are golf lesson? Ball park I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 9:29 am

Hi 
any good coach to recommend at the driving range at punggol?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: How much are golf lesson? Ball park   How much are golf lesson? Ball park I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 11:56 am

jacjacq wrote:
New here  I'm also keen to look for a lady coach for 1 to 1 lessons.. anyone good recs?  Smile
There is one in TPY, one in Green Fairway and one in Bukit Batok ... And also one in Star Golf Academy @ MBGC ...

For more ... click here ...

http://swingnation.sg/knowyourpro/ladies-pga/
Back to top Go down
htngwilliam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much are golf lesson? Ball park   How much are golf lesson? Ball park I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 9:11 pm

Which school is Balraj from?
Back to top Go down
fking_soon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much are golf lesson? Ball park   How much are golf lesson? Ball park I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 12:38 pm

http://www.lipgolf.com/golf_lessons.aspx?menu=3

try this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much are golf lesson? Ball park   How much are golf lesson? Ball park I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much are golf lesson? Ball park
Page 1 of 1