Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cure for Golfer's Elbow

Go down 
+9
golf-viper
weesern
Gimson
golf@48
Tituman
Ssquirrel
slinger
Birdman
JawereZ
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

Cure for Golfer's Elbow Empty
PostSubject: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:09 pm

After much reading about golfer's elbow, I suspect that I am having it right now.

One of the readings,
http://www.performbettergolf.com/articles/cure-golfers-elbow.html
says the cure for this is to completely rest your arm and put ice pack on it to reduce swelling.

I feel pain and weak even trying to lift my laptop out from the bag!

Anybody out there who encounter before and have a proven cure for this ?
Next step : to see doctor , go for a good massage , go for a holiday ?

Much appreciated !

Jawerez
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:20 pm

If you have faith in TCM, you can try chinese sinseh, hurts like hell, but I swear by it.

I have had problems with elbows and tendons in my wrist which were taken care of after 3 sessions. Maintenance thereafter helps to keep the same problem from recurring too.

Massage helps, but go for the chinese version that does "tui na".

In layman terms, what both does is massage the tendons and nerve points to unblock the energy. I had my doubts until I tried it too. Now whenever I have issues, i go back.

Don't have the exact address for the one I go to, but it's in a ground level shophouse in Chin Swee Rd. He has a small tv in front with a sofa facing it for patients waiting. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:33 pm

Hello Birdman,

What is TCM ?
I am not petty as long as the pains goes away.
I am willing to try out anything but it must be proven lah, like what you said, "you swear by it!"

Your 'tui na' , i hope is different than 'SB tuina' , ;-)

Alamak, about your sinseh location, is it easy to find ?

thanks a lot !
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:59 pm

Traditional Chinese Medicine. I dunno what is SB tui na?

Location at Chin Swee a bit hard to find, I know how to go but never gotten the address down. But must wait damn long. Take number in the morning and come back at night sometimes.

Suggest you try tui na massage then, the one I go is in bishan near the CPF building. Just went there last nite and Xiao May was the one who did for me. She's very good with massaging the arms, my shoulder joints feel much looser today. Again I don't have the exact address, but I do have the number, call 6252 3343, the place is named Yang Sheng Tang. Ask them for the address, they are near the NTUC supermarket, next to the playground.

All the masseuses there are Amazonian China women, experienced and very strong. Xiao May is probably the smallest of them.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:48 pm

me currently having this problem, went to TCM but need to visit more often....

still playing despite the pain but will rest by next week, might go do sports clinic for x ray to rest my mind abt hairline fracture, then continue with TCM.....
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:20 pm

Birdman wrote:

Don't have the exact address for the one I go to, but it's in a ground level shophouse in Chin Swee Rd. He has a small tv in front with a sofa facing it for patients waiting. Hope this helps.
Can just walk in and take number?
Or need to say who, so-and-so recommend or got some secret handshake to go along with also?

I heard there's one very famous and good sinseh also around Chin Swee road, but he does not take walk-in's.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:20 pm

Bro, you can go try the massage la, they next closest thing to TCM, $60 for hour and half some more. Did my neck shoulders, upper back and arms. Today much better.

I feel for you, but then again, you hardcore champion golfer la..
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:25 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
Birdman wrote:

Can just walk in and take number?
Or need to say who, so-and-so recommend or got some secret handshake to go along with also?

I heard there's one very famous and good sinseh also around Chin Swee road, but he does not take walk-in's.

That be the one SS. Of course walk in, and then take number and wait. TCS actors who have been injured while filming also go there. Also lots of golfers. But most of the time see a lot of aunties and grandmas. I swear by this guy man.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi Bro, I am in the same shoes as you. Had my 2nd cortisone jab just about 1 month back. The first one was around Feb . Three months after the 1st jab, I thought recovered already as everything felt fine. Then went to the range and over exert it by hitting nearly 300 balls. Stupid thing to do as that was the main cause of it in the first place. Repetitive actions causing excessive strain on the elbow. Thats when the pain return again. Surfed the net and read a lot on golfers elbow and found an oilment quite specially developed for Golfers /tennis elbow. Read about it here.

http://www.golfers-elbow.com/index.htm

http://www.penetrex.com/

http://www.thefind.com/beauty/info-magnetic-therapeutic-forearm-band

After using the oilment, together with the brace , it improves so much that I can do almost anything with just a slight irritation. I went for golf with the brace on and iced it after every game at home. But I want a complete cure so last month I went for a 2nd jab and now the pain is totally gone. IN the meantime, I still rub the oilment diligently at least once or twice a day and will put on the brace every where I go. Just to prevent overstressing on the particular muscle group just in case. It looks pretty 'stylo milo' wearing it where ever I go kekekek.... lol! I felt like totally recovered now but I make sure it is a must to wear the brace when I go for golf or when I know that some strenuos exercise will take place. This is just my experience. Hope that this can help you. Sori for long windedness bro. Take care and hope you will find a way to quickly help you on your recovery. I do share your pain.

Titu Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 4:40 pm

For info I bought 3 bottles of that Penetrex oilment. Now already used up 1 and 1/2 bottles of it but it was worth every dollars I paid for. I also recommend the Elbow Brace strongly for qnyone who has slight pain in the elbow right now. It is a perfect instrument for this. Totally harmless but extremely rewarding in its effectiveness. bounce

Titu Very Happy
Back to top Go down
golf@48
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 5:24 pm

JawereZ wrote:
After much reading about golfer's elbow, I suspect that I am having it right now.

One of the readings,
says the cure for this is to completely rest your arm and put ice pack on it to reduce swelling.

Much appreciated !

Jawerez

Bro, I feel your pain..man. I've had it for close to a year. Tried TCM Eastern and Western method and all it does is ease the pain but not totally cure it. One artificial way of reliefing the pain is by taking pain killer. For me, I take a painkiller call arcoxia. Can relief the pain slightly for 2 to 3 days for every 90mg pill. I only take it if I'm golfing the next day. Hope this help.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 6:47 pm

golf@48 wrote:
JawereZ wrote:

One of the readings,

Much appreciated !

Jawerez

Bro, I feel your pain..man. I've had it for close to a year. Tried TCM Eastern and Western method and all it does is ease the pain but not totally cure it. One artificial way of reliefing the pain is by taking pain killer. For me, I take a painkiller call arcoxia. Can relief the pain slightly for 2 to 3 days for every 90mg pill. I only take it if I'm golfing the next day. Hope this help.

Hi Bro I also have Arcoxia on standby. From the above mentioned actions taken, if I do felt sore on the elbow after a game, I would take one. It is helpful to ease the soreness.

Titu
Back to top Go down
Gimson
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Gimson

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 6:57 pm

hey guys, try going for physio and ice that area to prevent swelling after game shld help. During physio, try doing the ultrasound massage as it heat's up the inner tissues ard the elbow area to promote recovery. Apply bengay and massage the area before sleep regularly too. Was taking glucosamine to help strengthen my joints as i have jumper's knee and a partially torn knee tendon before.

Read somewhere before that one shld place the ball on the edge of the mat at range as that area is usually thicker and can cushion the impact if u hit the ball too fat. Hope it helps. Most importantly, rest more..
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:22 pm

Thanks all for the sound advice & recommendations, really appreciate it!
Tituman, the Penetrex oilment you ordered online right? The website shows free shipping when you order 3 bottles. If it is, I will order it ! No jabs for me ! My brother-in-law too was diagnose with it. The doc want to jab him but he declined.

Lets try external medication first + traditional massage + good rest (a month maybe) and lots of praying and hopes that the pains goes away !

My agony, 1) pain on my external muscle on the right elbow , 2) on my right wrist, sometimes there is a numbness + tingling feeling and 3) difficulty in clenching my right hand during my first few tries but feels ok after that.

Sianz lah !

Bro golf@48, noted on the medication, I will consult my doc first, if green light I will heed your advise !

Yup, Bro Gimson, I'll put ice pack on it !

thanks again all !

cheers
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:47 pm

its quite easy to cure unless yours is in really bad condition.

just rest, stretch and strengthen...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:09 am

Jawerez, if you going to order, I tompang 2 bottles Penetrex can? cos 5 and above free shipping worldwide.

Your injury the same as mine, my wrist was the worst, elbow not so bad. But yours is bad man, from elbow down to wrist tendons.

Suggest you try sinseh first, lots cheaper, $30 each time over three weeks for a total of $90. It worked for me, I'm practically 100%, except for blue moon when I can feel it coming back then go for treatment again. I had a friend who tried the jabs, infra red heat and physio, took way longer and cost many many times more, four figure.

If you have the confidence, you might want to observe how the sinseh does it then at home you can do a little minor self maintenance.

CAUTION - Learn just the easy part ok, don't hurt yourself further if you not sure how to do. The external muscle is relatively easy to massage yourself, you can use your thumb to rub your funny bone which is also a pressure point. Wrist also can do yourself. DIY does help some.

But ultimately the choice is yours, just my suggestions to help a brother in pain. Hope you get well soon.
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:28 am

No problem Birdman, I will up reserve 2 bottles for you !
Do PM me ur contacts k!

I will also try out Mr Sinseh !

Hopes all goes well !

cheers
Back to top Go down
golf-viper
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:12 am

Hey JawereZ:

Sorry to hear about your ailment. Just happened across this topic and felt compelled to weigh in since a mention was made regarding Penetrex. I am both a golfer and tennis player and about 2 years ago I began to develop tennis elbow and tendonitis throughout my forearm.

On advice from my wife's boss, an avid golfer, I purchased 3 jars of Penetrex. Why this product is not better known is amazing to me...it flat out works! It provided immediate and lasting relief that other products could not and it did it at a fraction of the price.

To this day I continue to use it occasionally for my arm but have actually found it very effective for neck & back pain as well. I agree with others on this board who have recommended you try the product and best of luck in the days and weeks ahead.

Jim
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:41 am

JawereZ wrote:
No problem Birdman, I will up reserve 2 bottles for you !
Do PM me ur contacts k!

I will also try out Mr Sinseh !

Hopes all goes well !

cheers

Hi JawereZ, can I also tompang 2 bottles as well to test? have already laid off golf for 3 weeks due to this. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:00 pm

JawereZ wrote:
Thanks all for the sound advice & recommendations, really appreciate it!
Tituman, the Penetrex oilment you ordered online right? The website shows free shipping when you order 3 bottles. If it is, I will order it ! No jabs for me ! My brother-in-law too was diagnose with it. The doc want to jab him but he declined.

Lets try external medication first + traditional massage + good rest (a month maybe) and lots of praying and hopes that the pains goes away !

My agony, 1) pain on my external muscle on the right elbow , 2) on my right wrist, sometimes there is a numbness + tingling feeling and 3) difficulty in clenching my right hand during my first few tries but feels ok after that.

Sianz lah !

Bro golf@48, noted on the medication, I will consult my doc first, if green light I will heed your advise !

Yup, Bro Gimson, I'll put ice pack on it !

thanks again all !

cheers

Bro JawereZ, yup. Can't remember whether I got any free shipping. Will advice you how to stretch your arm and massage the oilment in once you got the oilment. Let me know if you need anything else. Cheers and take care.. cheers

Titu
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:07 pm

golf-viper wrote:
Hey JawereZ:

Sorry to hear about your ailment. Just happened across this topic and felt compelled to weigh in since a mention was made regarding Penetrex. I am both a golfer and tennis player and about 2 years ago I began to develop tennis elbow and tendonitis throughout my forearm.

On advice from my wife's boss, an avid golfer, I purchased 3 jars of Penetrex. Why this product is not better known is amazing to me...it flat out works! It provided immediate and lasting relief that other products could not and it did it at a fraction of the price.

To this day I continue to use it occasionally for my arm but have actually found it very effective for neck & back pain as well. I agree with others on this board who have recommended you try the product and best of luck in the days and weeks ahead.

Jim

HI bro Jim. Tks for the confirmation. I still used it daily as it help me psychologically even though I am not feeling any pain at all. I also put on my brace as a safe guard in case I need to do some unexpected heavy physical activities. Cheers.

Titu
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:05 pm

Birdman & blee2007, U got PMed !

Thanks Bro Jim & Titu for the assurance, Really appreciate!

Will update once I get the item ....

cheers all !
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Update to Birdman & blee2007,

I'm still waiting for the package to arrive ! :-(
Just got reply from them,
Package is on the way... Item will be deem lost if it is more than 30 days.

Well, its coming to 15 days now. Good things, have to wait :-)
hope to get it before new year !

cheers !
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:16 pm

Cheers Bro! How's ur elbow holding up? Better?
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:18 pm

Feeling a bit better, after such a loooong rest !
I've been practicing my putting only and also playing my Tiger golf on PSP.

:-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cure for Golfer's Elbow   Cure for Golfer's Elbow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cure for Golfer's Elbow
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next