Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best 3W you have been playing.......

Go down 
+36
munching222
ultraman
rapidmax
str3ak
golf_nut
golferx
peace2903
KCL
renode
Serialbus
gunship
Turbo
Ant
xredevilx
jd8
Pizzaman
Quest
18underPar
swine
garylin
Rafj
Tigercrab
pug
rlhk
toonified
dreamwaters
youming
Vinny
golfsiao
hkhamateur
Mep
akhild
Yz426
yanhaotiong
paul@golf
IGT
40 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

Best 3W you have been playing....... Empty
PostSubject: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:20 pm

Looking for feedback and info sharing on 3W. 

Played 913, 910, R9, RBZ, R11, G10 - all not to my liking.
Have been playing 909F2 for a year
Recently tried R5, Burner TP; love the sole but too much offset for my eyes.

What 3W have you played; your best choice and why. Thx.
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:24 pm

hi bro, have u tried Cally Optiforce with OBAN shaft by BFG yet? nice easy feel, distance 'no horse run'  Wink
Back to top Go down
yanhaotiong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:47 pm

Tour issue burner version 2 fairway woods! Depending on spec most have square to open clubface! 

Have mine in kajiki 80 shafts and they are perfect of fairway and tee.
Back to top Go down
Yz426
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:09 pm

I am using Ping Anser FW 16.5... one word for it... Awesome!
I have not tried the 913F... but I tried the 913 hybrid... and IMHO...I felt that the Anser FW is way more forgiving than the 913H...
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:38 pm

cobra amp cell with tour ad di 6s shaft. 
can leave driver at home..

actually for me its the shaft that made the diff. any head can liao.. used maruman shuttle with same shaft same result.. orange color is a bonus on amp cell head.
Back to top Go down
Mep
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Mep

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:47 pm

The new PRGR Egg 3W is highly recommended, easy to launch, forgiving and straight if you can accept the shape.

Ryoma F2/F3 will give u one of the longest distance if do not mind the price and the metallic sound.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:48 pm

Tried many ie: Maruman Nano, Burner Superfast, 909F, 910F, 913F, Anser, G25 & current xhot JV. study
Xhot JV my pick over G25. Very Happy
Yes, agreed w akhild tat right choice of shaft play an important role too. Wink
Back to top Go down
golfsiao
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 3:07 pm

mine is a Nike VR Pro doing a good job currently...
nice 3W for me...
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 3:09 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
Tried many ie: Maruman Nano, Burner Superfast, 909F, 910F, 913F, Anser, G25 & current xhot JV. study
Xhot JV my pick over G25. Very Happy
Yes, agreed w akhild tat right choice of shaft play an important role too. Wink

2nd that ~ XHot JV, still the club for me
Back to top Go down
youming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 3:16 pm

So far for me the best is X-hot 3W.
Back to top Go down
dreamwaters
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dreamwaters

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 4:00 pm

Callaway Opticforce- Even with stock shaft... it never fails me when my drivers failed...  Cool
Back to top Go down
toonified
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 4:57 pm

[size=31]I agree with optiforce. Haven't tried any 3w easier than that.[/size]
Back to top Go down
rlhk
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 5:03 pm

how is optiforce compared to xhot (both global spec w/stock shaft)? thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 5:36 pm

You may want to consider 5W instead. Easier to launch and not much distance loss. The higher launch also means that you can attack the green for long par 4 or short par 5.

I usually use a softer flex for my FW as compared to the driver as I tend to swing slower for FW.

If you can share your budget, I am sure fellow golfers here can provide you better advice.
Back to top Go down
Tigercrab
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Tigercrab

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 6:26 pm

rbz stage 2 regular flex asian spec amazingly forgiving n long. off the tee only 10 ish m shorter than my average  driver Rbz stage 2, global spec shaft.

just switch to xhot pro 15 degree , ad mt-6 shaft stiff, a few  more boo boo here n there than Rbz cos the pro is a little smaller n less forgiving . but overall it is longer n straighter ( more predictable)  when  hit i it well( when i control my back swing !) . so sticking with it !
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Rafj

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:43 pm

My Current 3 wood is the 15* Nike Vr Pro with Diamana Ahina.

Tried many like the RBZ, Stage 2, Xhot, X2hot, Burner superfast, etc  but all just can't compare to the the feel and control of this Nike, rather surprisingly.

:-)
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 12:04 am

personally using the TM RBZ S2 3W on a regular US spec. same distance with my driver. love it.
Back to top Go down
swine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 12:10 am

Maruman m sole shuttle in stock SR shaft!
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:34 am

I use to play the Taylormade Burner Superfast 3 wood and absolutely LOVED that thing..... until it broke on me...

Now playing the RBZ Stage 1 (stock stiff shaft) and it is a beast.... a bit of time to adjust, but have learned to love it and is one of the most consistent clubs in the bag this year Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
Quest
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Quest

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 6:43 am

pug wrote:
You may want to consider 5W instead. Easier to launch and not much distance loss. The higher launch also means that you can attack the green for long par 4 or short par 5.

I usually use a softer flex for my FW as compared to the driver as I tend to swing slower for FW.

If you can share your budget, I am sure fellow golfers here can provide you better advice.

Agreed. I tried 3w for a couple of years. Switched to the Cally RFX 5w about 3 mths back and have no desire to change now.
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:24 am

tried 910f, 913fd, cleveland FL, Yamaha Inpres X, TM Vsteel, G20.

In my opinion, Yamaha is the easiest to play & I think its because of the shaft. Yesterday traded my 913fd with Prgr Egg Spoon (always wanted to try this) and went to the range... need some time to get used to the weight before deciding whether it is my "best" 3fw...
Back to top Go down
jd8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 12:02 pm

The 3W is important for me as I am a short hitter. I need it both off the deck and off the tee for long par 3s and when driver is not working. 

I used Maruman Shuttle, Taylormade Burner Superfast, Taylormade RBZ and now Callaway xHot in that order. I must say the xHot is the best 3W I have had. It is long and easy to launch. Of course, it might be because I was fitted for it and also, over time my swing has also become a little more consistent than before  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xredevilx
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 12:36 pm

just curious, no Cobra fans here? Question
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 1:31 pm

My trusty Ping K15 #3 wood with stock shaft........ good dispersion and distance combo....!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 2:40 pm

xredevilx wrote:
just curious, no Cobra fans here? Question
Yes, I am! I am using the old Cobra S3 FW3 & 5 ... Fantastic penetrating trajectory ... These two FWs could be long if I can achieve a sweet connection ...  Cobra Smiley Cobra Smiley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best 3W you have been playing.......   Best 3W you have been playing....... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best 3W you have been playing.......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next