Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Playing fm a PRo tee

Go down 
+3
pushslice
asahi
Duval_S
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Playing fm a PRo tee Empty
PostSubject: Playing fm a PRo tee   Playing fm a PRo tee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Today was a major milestone in my short journey into golf,,,,,not long not short....6 +years or so.

In mbgc today, together with my buds, we played off BLaCk tee! Awesome...never had I ever tot I will venture to that part of the hole....naturally there was hesitancy as it does look FAR!

Good thing I had a very realistic expectation as I stuck to my game plan....gir was rare...think 2 or 3 only, fairway hits pretty high and putting was very reasonable.

All in all....for average Joe like me, I realize playing off black is not that fearful but one thing, playing within my limited ability, does make it quite fun.

Before I generalize this, I have to say that this is MBGC only.....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Playing fm a PRo tee   Playing fm a PRo tee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:38 pm

So good!

2-2 from you. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Playing fm a PRo tee   Playing fm a PRo tee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:48 pm

I think we played 11 or 12 holes from black, the rest were in mbgc's original blue.

But those 12 holes werent as bad as we imagined. However, Par is still tough to get, demands a good drive, good hybrid or wood shots and good chip/pitch and a one putt bcoz GiR is beyond average joes. If not on form, I can definitely see many doubles and triples on the card.

Nice game we had today. Great weather. I didn't hit a single fairway bunker. Superb!

Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Playing fm a PRo tee   Playing fm a PRo tee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:02 pm

Hey PS , the rest (at least for us) were white and not blue ... And after teeing off from the black, white seemed a piece of cake!

I have played blue and white interchangably without noticing a significant difference In my game and scores... But today, black was very demanding! Rusty game added to the misery ...

On a personal note playing off black doesnt do anything for me , i'd prefer to stick to blue, with the occasional round off white!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Playing fm a PRo tee   Playing fm a PRo tee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:07 pm

TS, it was possible bcoz we had a pro in the flight Liao... we just moved back ourselves to where the sanded divots were and the marshall just smiled at us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Playing fm a PRo tee   Playing fm a PRo tee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:09 pm

No wonder! We had only 5 black tees.

But was really an experience.....made some precious notes for myself.

Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Playing fm a PRo tee   Playing fm a PRo tee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Now for the thank you note....

To my flt mates, kiwi, poresia and psuhslice...thanks for the game....

Kiwi did a 300m drives ...awesome

Push slice or is it chillydip....whatever it is....super drives...farther than me for sure but within view,,,,

Pores...short game snipper....
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Playing fm a PRo tee   Playing fm a PRo tee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:16 pm

You teed off at 2.40 pm? We started at 2.14pm so played more black too. They moved the tees at ard 4.15pm

At Lohei, if we tee off at 1.45-2pm, we may get to play 11-13 black tees depending on pace of play.

At mbgc, its important to keep your drives very looow....
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Playing fm a PRo tee   Playing fm a PRo tee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:36 pm

To my dear opponent,

i was slicing most of my drives today like when i played with u at OCC...i think its because of u...i stopped slicing, but i notice in my last 2 games whenever u are around i start slicing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Playing fm a PRo tee   Playing fm a PRo tee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:37 pm

hmm.. did you tee off from the canopy for hole 1 and 10 .. ??

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Playing fm a PRo tee   Playing fm a PRo tee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Wah... you guys had fun! Smile

I got some good tips from bro Duval! Can't wait to see how things go Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Playing fm a PRo tee   Playing fm a PRo tee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Code:
[quote="eiji"]To my dear opponent,

i was slicing most of my drives today like when i played with u at OCC...i think its because of u...i stopped slicing, but i notice in my last 2 games whenever u are around i start slicing.[/quote]

Brudder , u can thank me for this golf detox arrangement. After 8th feb, u will be free fm all vices....oops I meAnt slices
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Playing fm a PRo tee   Playing fm a PRo tee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:16 pm

Quote :
Technospaz wrote:

Huh...me? Hahahaha...... Heard all about your equipment exploits ...... Looking good for 28th N then 8th feb
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Playing fm a PRo tee   Playing fm a PRo tee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Technospaz wrote:

Huh...me? Hahahaha...... Heard all about your equipment exploits ...... Looking good for 28th N then 8th feb

What equipment exploits?

If anything, I'm downgrading my clubs. Moving from the 58s to the 300s (which is what PS was referring to). I also changed my hybrid shaft to the same shaft, but of a different color. So, nothing really fancy. I think PS over-hyped things... if anything, he picked up 2 new weapons which seemed to have worked wonders for him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing fm a PRo tee   Playing fm a PRo tee I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playing fm a PRo tee
Page 1 of 1