Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gamegolf review

Go down 
+8
18underPar
Vrooooom2
BryanSiow
willytan
Golfish
xredevilx
kyleyann
akhild
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 2:58 pm

Used for first time today. Bought from amazon

Pros:
Real stats. Deep insights. I miss left, I can drive 229 (vs 190 on range), my GIR is 22 and fairway about 40. I'm a good putter. All this after 1 round. I see rich data coming my way.
Very compact and easy to use. Just tap as a part of Pre shot routine.
Is waterproof as drenched in rain today.

Cons:
No concept of versatile clubs. I use hybrid to hit 180 and to hit 5m chips. They are both counted same - but median is taken.

Highly recommend

Gamegolf review Image19

Gamegolf review Image18

Gamegolf review Image16

Gamegolf review Image15

Gamegolf review Image12
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 8:49 pm

Thank you for the time and effort in posting this review. Looks like a good product to try.
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 9:06 pm

No worries mate. Learnt so much from GR. This is he least I can do..
Back to top Go down
xredevilx
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 10:14 pm

hmm..looks damn cool...only for apple devices right?
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 10:20 pm

Web based is best. I used app but it's not as good as the web based stats. In the above only the putts per round is from app. Rest all from gamegolf.com

The device stores only 10 rounds max. When u connect to comp, it uploads data on its cloud so u can see anywhere..
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 10:25 pm

Here's an example of the detailed hole description? 
I sent the first shot for a drink..

Gamegolf review Image20
Back to top Go down
Golfish
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Golfish

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 11:35 pm

Wah nice... Spent usd249 for it?
Just thinking every time we bring a different set of clubs out do we need to switch the caps over? Or extra sets of caps are given?
Interesting gadget....
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 8:53 am

Check out the website for those who dunno what it is.

http://www.gamegolf.com/products/en-us/gamegolf
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 9:03 am

Golfish wrote:
Wah nice... Spent usd249 for it?
Just thinking every time we bring a different set of clubs out do we need to switch the caps over? Or extra sets of caps are given?
Interesting gadget....

During the crowd sourcing campaign it was 189 instead of 249.
The box comes with 14 standard caps and 4 undefined ones. All my clubs are capped now..
That brings me to another issue. I use Harrison shot maker for my 3w. Shotmaker also requires a cap, so for 3w I carry the cap in my pocket instead of screwing it on.
Back to top Go down
BryanSiow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 9:15 am

This looks cool man
Back to top Go down
Vrooooom2
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:37 pm

Lots of useful info. Looks very good. For my curiosity, has this helped your game?
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 6:07 am

We've been testing GAME GOLF for a couple of rounds the past month or so and it's definitely a great tool to use.

Awesome way to analyze your game and identify the problem areas that need more work. There is the social aspect as well if you're into that sort of thing, to share your round/stats with friends and others on the Game Golf platform.

We also wrote a review on the device here and still use it frequently in all our golf rounds!

http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/blog/2014/08/04/game-golf-game-game/

Last edited by 18underPar on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 12:35 pm

Vrooooom2 wrote:
Lots of useful info. Looks very good. For my curiosity, has this helped your game?

had 1 round so far. A few learnings:

1) From outside 100m i overclub. From inside 100m i under club. its a mental thing.

2) Scrambling15%. Seems to say if i miss green, slim chance i will save par. gonna club properly and take my time over shots to green.

3) Putting stats encouraging. With this i feel more confident at putting. Earlier my standard use to be try 2 at worst make 3.. Seeing last round was 1.7 putts per hole, my new mantra is try 1, no worse than 2. its a mental thing again.

4) Tells me real distance on my driver compared to range.

This is all with 1 round. Overtime the averages will take command and kink out anomalies.
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 5:02 pm

Amazon selling for USD159 with free shipping to Singapore!
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 8:49 pm

Is the course data and GPS accurate?
Back to top Go down
Vrooooom2
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 9:03 pm

Seems useful, very informative. Obviously, the putter is your secret weapon! Is the measurement to the actual pin or just center of the green? Also, does it tell distance to hazards like water, bunker etc?
Back to top Go down
lousyswinger
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 9:40 pm

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JDZWQZK/ref=amb_link_426908322_2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=0GTKQK4SEXC1F1TE2FTD&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1975335762&pf_rd_i=3410851

This is indeed interesting. Will it work without data connection? i.e. playing at overseas. Hopefully it will record and viewable after uploading when get back?
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:38 am

pug wrote:
 Hi, where did you see USD159 from?
Been searcing amazon but only found USD199 with local shipping only
Back to top Go down
lousyswinger
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:46 am

darenlim wrote:
pug wrote:
Dear Sir,
You have missed the Black Friday sale. I believe it was for one day only, Friday. 159.20USD with free shipping to Singapore.

At 199USD free shipping its still slightly cheaper then normal retail in SGP.

Regards,
*Feeling* Lousy
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:48 am

lousyswinger wrote:
darenlim wrote:
pug wrote:
Dear Sir,
You have missed the Black Friday sale. I believe it was for one day only, Friday. 159.20USD with free shipping to Singapore.

At 199USD free shipping its still slightly cheaper then normal retail in SGP.

Regards,
*Feeling* Lousy
Thank you Smile I understand now
Back to top Go down
lousyswinger
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 11:00 am

Sad Because I missed the deal also. Cyber Monday let me down.Sad
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 2:00 am

Vrooooom2 wrote:
Seems useful, very informative. Obviously, the putter is your secret weapon!  Is the measurement to the actual pin or just center of the green? Also, does it tell distance to hazards like water, bunker etc?

Game Golf is primarily a statistical tracking tool, so it won't tell you distances to hazards while you're on the golf course. You'd probably want a GPS Finder for that Smile

From our use of it, it looks like they measure shots to the centre of the green. Shots are not always accurate though, so there may be some editing required after you upload your round statistics onto the computer before posting them to your GG account. It's a pretty good tool to use in order to learn about your game, your tendencies and what you need to improve on.

Though the whole "tagging your club" before every shot takes a bit getting use to... you'd have to build it into your pre-shot routine. And if you're not having the best round, it's easy to forget to tag the round.... for example if you miss a short putt, get mad and just tap in your next putt and go to the next hole without tagging your shot..... anyways though, we did a review on GG a while back, check it out! Smile

http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/blog/2014/08/04/game-golf-game-game/
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
lousyswinger
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 4:23 pm

http://smile.amazon.com/GAME-Digital-Tracking-System-Black/dp/B00JDZWQZK/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Amazon promotion on GPS...
186.82USD inclusive of shipping to SG.
Anyone taking the plunge?
Back to top Go down
lousyswinger
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 4:23 pm

http://smile.amazon.com/GAME-Digital-Tracking-System-Black/dp/B00JDZWQZK/ref=pd_rhf_eebr_p_img_1

$169.15USD now, has anyone not gotten it yet?
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 6:03 pm

Just received mine on Friday and managed to test it out at MBGC on Sunday morning.

Pros
GPS accuracy seemed decent.
Pretty easy to use. Just tap the bottom of belt unit and it registers the club usage.
Stats recorded are displayed nicely.

Cons
1. My main gripe for this equipment is that it doesn't really know (hence show) the actual pin location on the green. Thus, I would find the stats reflecting the accuracy of your approach shots quite inaccurate, especially with your scoring clubs. For example, I may have sent my wedge shot about 20 metres short of the actual pin location. But when I load the data, that distance was reflected nearer to the pin, as it measures against the centre of the green (I think), rather than the actual pin position.
2. I would love it if they can assess my stats to highlight how accurate I am from various scoring distances (ala Trackman Combine). I would like to know how accurate I am from 100 metres out, from 75 metres out, from 50 meters out, etc). I find these info more important as compared to other stats like your driving distance.
3. Because of the unknown pin positions, I don't think stats like accuracy of putts from various distances can be obtained. I even had to adjust some of my stats after round when I realised some of my second putts were longer than than my first.
4. I wish they had provided a simple "how to use" hard copy instruction booklet instead of only providing instructions through web video. For the first 2 holes yesterday, I couldn't record my stats because I was tapping the club marker on the TOP part of the belt unit instead of the bottom part. I finally figured out myself though it was very very troublesome to try to download or watch the instructions online again when you are trying to play your game.

I will give another review to add on to this after I get 10 rounds with this new toy. Till then. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gamegolf review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamegolf review   Gamegolf review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamegolf review
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next