Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zen ZAP review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

Zen ZAP review Empty
PostSubject: Zen ZAP review   Zen ZAP review I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 7:08 pm

Got my hands on a zen putter couple of months back,this is my take on it after gaming it for almost 4 months now.
Was using a TM Daytona KM previously b4 the switch.

On first look and touch the Zen Zap looked pretty good and felt good, had few putts in BFG and the vibes of the ball leaving the face was good.
Gave a soft feel but there was plenty of feedback.
When I first gamed the zen, it took sometime to get used too as the balls tend to leave the face hot, kept missing the cup high.
Could be the RDE technology as the ball rolled true upon leaving the face.
But after a few practice sessions on the greens managed to get the knack of it, had to take an aggressive line to cup due to the rolling.
Started knocking them in or lagging it close, my usual kaki also notice the diff after a few games and asked if I went for lessons.lol I wish!
Eric told me to monitor my putts and do a trending, well I'm glad go say that the number of putts is in the respectable mid 30s now.Will see if it goes down further to the low 30s.On an average I guess i'm saving 3-5 putts per game compared to previously.

But one thing I did not like, might be personal preference was the grip.It's supposed to be tacky but now it's smooth.Wonder if you can restore the
tackiness.

Back to top Go down

Zen ZAP review
Page 1 of 1