Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months)

Go down 
+3
chocoman
Duval_S
Technospaz
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months)   Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:26 pm

archie wrote:
PTGLC=pro tour golf learning centre
It is supposedly a famous golf school in JB. Anyway I thinking of getting coaching after pelangi is reopened. Is your wife taking one-on-one lesson? Dont mind can u pls PM me the rates that vali charge? Thanks

valli is at ponderosa. no longer attached to ptglc. jap pro- not sure. he's at rjcc range and would be back to pelangi after reopen.
Back to top Go down
archie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months)   Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:58 pm

chocoman wrote:
archie wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
I thought Vali was the only coach at Pelangi. Anyway, I'm reviewing my wife's coaching options since he's moving to Ponderosa. May opt to train in Singapore instead but it's pricey Sad

Is vali from PTGLC? Any review of him as a coach? I thinking of getting a coach from JB since I stay pretty near the causeway.

there's a japanese coach and valli.

my personal opinion... go for the jap pro.

Hi chocoman, why did you think so? you got any experience with them before?
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months)   Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 3:53 pm

let's just say i have been around long enough to know.

anyway.. i know both of them...

and i'd go for jap pro ... ( my personal opinion, urs may be different)

Smile

i have nothing against valli... just that i prefer the jap pro's style of teaching.

no wrong and no right.
Back to top Go down
archie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months)   Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:13 am

Thanks to both for the feedback. Once the range re-open I will go and take a look
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months)   Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:10 pm

Folks, I just checked with MST Golf. The Pelangi Driving Range is scheduled to re-open on 9 September 2009. Currently, only the pro shop is open.

So, for the JB-dwellers... we should meet up at the range, hit some balls and go for makan soon!!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months)   Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:14 pm

Bro.....ON you....11th evening??...catch up over a beer and do a few rounds of power drives...heard eye candy at beer garden is also not bad.....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months)   Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:16 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Bro.....ON you....11th evening??...catch up over a beer and do a few rounds of power drives...heard eye candy at beer garden is also not bad.....

No problem... warm up before the ghetto game Smile
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months)   Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 7:46 am

Duval_S wrote:

beer garden already closed
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months)   Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 7:47 am

chocoman wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

beer garden already closed

Then BYO.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months)   Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:59 pm

The Pelangi Driving Range is OPEN!

I was there today. FR:

1. The range is noticeably smaller. I think there are about 15-20 bays on each floor, as opposed to the 30+ bays before. But there are 2 floors so don't worry.

2. Range balls are alright. Not top notch but playable. Balls are RM12 per 100 (and you can't get them in 50s so don't bother asking).

3. Range mats are new Smile Yay! They used to be hard and cruddy but are now soft and fluffy. However, they are pretty light and I realized that as I swung, the mat shifted from the force.

4. The MST pro shop is still open. Decent prices Smile I think I'll pick up another Vokey there. After conversion, price is pretty good (less than S$150) Smile

5. It's not too packed (was there from 6pm-7pm on a Friday. Several Japs, some locals but more than enough space) Smile

Overall, good place to spend a Friday evening to de-stress. JBians, we can meet up there, hit some balls and if you're game, grab some makan too! Smile
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months)   Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:58 am

my second home Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
archie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months)   Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:29 pm

Technospaz wrote:
The Pelangi Driving Range is OPEN!

I was there today. FR:

1. The range is noticeably smaller. I think there are about 15-20 bays on each floor, as opposed to the 30+ bays before. But there are 2 floors so don't worry.

2. Range balls are alright. Not top notch but playable. Balls are RM12 per 100 (and you can't get them in 50s so don't bother asking).

3. Range mats are new Smile Yay! They used to be hard and cruddy but are now soft and fluffy. However, they are pretty light and I realized that as I swung, the mat shifted from the force.

4. The MST pro shop is still open. Decent prices Smile I think I'll pick up another Vokey there. After conversion, price is pretty good (less than S$150) Smile

5. It's not too packed (was there from 6pm-7pm on a Friday. Several Japs, some locals but more than enough space) Smile

Overall, good place to spend a Friday evening to de-stress. JBians, we can meet up there, hit some balls and if you're game, grab some makan too! Smile

Hi, did you happen to see Vali or the Jap pro back at the range? Thinking of getting coach from either of them.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months)   Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:26 pm

Vali has moved on to Ponderosa. I'm not sure about the Jap coach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months)   Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Temp closure of Pelangi Driving Range (JB) from (from 6 July for 2 months)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3