Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Distance Markers at Laguna driving range

Go down 
+7
m0i
Technospaz
jd8
tronos
lennylim
DGman
weesern
11 posters
AuthorMessage
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

Distance Markers at Laguna driving range Empty
PostSubject: Distance Markers at Laguna driving range   Distance Markers at Laguna driving range I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:08 pm

anyone can advice on the distance markers at the range... seems abit wrong..
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Distance Markers at Laguna driving range   Distance Markers at Laguna driving range I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 9:25 pm

sometimes driving ranges place the distance nearer to compensate for the low compression range balls....

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
lennylim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
lennylim

PostSubject: Re: Distance Markers at Laguna driving range   Distance Markers at Laguna driving range I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 9:32 pm

wa, i never knew they did that... but certainly sounds possible.

how does the range know how much to compensate for based on compression? just arbitrarily +/- x%?

the range balls at keppel club don't seem to fly as far as the ones i hit at warren or other ranges... anybody feel the same?
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Distance Markers at Laguna driving range   Distance Markers at Laguna driving range I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:26 pm

the executive range is ~200m to the end (double checked with Google Earth) hitting 2nd balls but not range balls, even got pro v1 in them, almost reach the end (can never hit the tractor parked at the end) so i think the MBGC should be almost correct since i also almost reach 200m. unless sonme1 can verify with laser range finder

The MBGC range is ~260m to the end
Back to top Go down
jd8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Distance Markers at Laguna driving range   Distance Markers at Laguna driving range I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:37 pm

lennylim wrote:
the range balls at keppel club don't seem to fly as far as the ones i hit at warren or other ranges... anybody feel the same?

My experience too! I think its because the range is uphill... so need to use 1 club up to reach the same distance.

Are the OCC range distances accurate?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Distance Markers at Laguna driving range   Distance Markers at Laguna driving range I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:41 pm

I've found the balls at the Pelangi Driving Range go really far. Anyone else who's played there care to comment? Chocoman?
Back to top Go down
m0i
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
m0i

PostSubject: Re: Distance Markers at Laguna driving range   Distance Markers at Laguna driving range I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:43 pm

I think laguna range quite okie.
What i can think of is maybe you are playing at mat on the left side and you are aiming the marker at the right side(viceVersa). Another factor is range ball tend to land around 5-10m shorter than actual ball.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Distance Markers at Laguna driving range   Distance Markers at Laguna driving range I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:00 pm

At laguna range they shows the distance to the flag for each bay. so if that is quite accurate, their 60 m really looks long.

I tried using my driver there and I think I can only manage 170m according to their flag even on a well hit shot. I suspect the distance stated is shorter than the actual distance. and also the ball dun really fly... most of my club short by abt 10 metres.

Juz hope to confirm if its me losing distance or the range distance marker or the balls.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Distance Markers at Laguna driving range   Distance Markers at Laguna driving range I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:04 pm

They are right. Verified w rangefinder.

The truth sometimes hurts. Laughing
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Distance Markers at Laguna driving range   Distance Markers at Laguna driving range I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:12 pm

then it may be me or the balls.

now i really dunno what is wrong... my club range from MBGC and on green is quite close... I guess a rangefinder is a need instead of a want now...
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Distance Markers at Laguna driving range   Distance Markers at Laguna driving range I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:59 am

weesern wrote:
At laguna range they shows the distance to the flag for each bay. so if that is quite accurate, their 60 m really looks long.

I tried using my driver there and I think I can only manage 170m according to their flag even on a well hit shot. I suspect the distance stated is shorter than the actual distance. and also the ball dun really fly... most of my club short by abt 10 metres.

Juz hope to confirm if its me losing distance or the range distance marker or the balls.

It is the balls... they are flight limited, was talking to Golf Manager there, dont want people hitting over fence from top floor...
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Distance Markers at Laguna driving range   Distance Markers at Laguna driving range I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:20 am

shorthitter wrote:
weesern wrote:

It is the balls... they are flight limited, was talking to Golf Manager there, dont want people hitting over fence from top floor...

So Pro, you now at Laguna ??
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Distance Markers at Laguna driving range   Distance Markers at Laguna driving range I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:27 am

4dtoto wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
weesern wrote:

So Pro, you now at Laguna ??
Not yet, fingers crossed... bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Distance Markers at Laguna driving range   Distance Markers at Laguna driving range I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:32 am

shorthitter wrote:
weesern wrote:

Which begs the question... do people visit the range to practice for accuracy or distance? If it's the latter then the range isn't always ideal.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Distance Markers at Laguna driving range   Distance Markers at Laguna driving range I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:27 pm

now when I practise at laguna, I focus on my contact and directions instead. If want to check my distance, I go MBGC. I find MBGC distance is slightly more accurate when I compare to the distance I achieve for my clubs on green.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Distance Markers at Laguna driving range   Distance Markers at Laguna driving range I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:49 pm

distance all the way!!!!!!!!!!!

swing at 70-80% can get accuracy liao....but not so shiok. Use 3 wood even more accurate (using R flex so need to slow down swing a bit but good distance, instead of trying to load a stiff flex shaft and spraying it)

One problem is MBGC range is hilly and sometimes cannot see the ball from the ground lvl. Sometimes when hit it pure, the ball will 'disappear' at around the 200m mark. They should have a slight up slope and flat ground, coloured grass or white lines on the grass even better (like those long drive competition)
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Distance Markers at Laguna driving range   Distance Markers at Laguna driving range I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:11 pm

they will draw the white lines if u have 300m drive regularly...

but have to wait for them to extend the net... Laughing
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Distance Markers at Laguna driving range   Distance Markers at Laguna driving range I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:05 pm

weesern: now when I practise at laguna, I focus on my contact and directions instead. If want to check my distance, I go MBGC. I find MBGC distance is slightly more accurate when I compare to the distance I achieve for my clubs on green.

I agree.

BTW, the distance indicators and some of the markers at OCC's driving range are a joke. Some dual-coloured distance signs are not listed on the distance charts at each bay, others are inconsistent with other bays' hitting distance indicator charts.

And what exactly is the furthest distance sign? 200m? 225m?

Also there is no reason for JCC's driving range to have inaccurate distance markers as the far back fence must be close to 250 metres--further than most amateurs can hit with range balls.

Anybody use a digital range finder to verify JCC driving range's coloured flag distances?

CK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Distance Markers at Laguna driving range   Distance Markers at Laguna driving range I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Distance Markers at Laguna driving range
Page 1 of 1