Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course

Go down 
+5
skybobo
akhild
Derek
kissthegreen
ChrisD
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course Empty
PostSubject: Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course   Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 10:59 am

Hi, 

Appreciate if anyone here can guide on how to play at Sentosa Tanjong. Heard its a difficult course as it's my first time playing there.

Any advise. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course   Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 11:45 am

What is the damage?
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course   Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 12:00 pm

Hey ChrisD,

From what I recall, it is very important to know where to aim off the tee and what club to select.  If you have a range finder, use it to measure where you want to land the ball.  On some holes, with the elevation change, even a short hitter like myself can hit it through the fairway into the trees.

Greens are not that fast (compared to Serapong) but they are very firm, so factor that into your short game.  The practice green there is reflective of the actual greens, so good chance to get used to the bounce and speed. 

Have only played there twice, so that is all I can recall.  I am sure those that have played there more often will have plenty to add
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course   Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 1:08 pm

buy insurance. some holes have houses in touching distance.
some holes have crazy elevations. if not tournament, a rangefinder with slope might help.

the course is longer that it looks. dont be shy to use ur driver and long irons.

green is 11ish on stimpmeter.

carry a hyrbrid.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course   Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 1:52 pm

There is an elevated par 3 whereby there are bunglows on the right......beware.  My dear golfman once shanked his shot and it went to someone's backyard.....not sure whether his dog pick up a new toy.
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course   Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 1:59 pm

skybobo wrote:
There is an elevated par 3 whereby there are bunglows on the right......beware.  My dear golfman once shanked his shot and it went to someone's backyard.....not sure whether his dog pick up a new toy.

are you talking of hole 2? Wow must be a solid shank.. must have gine at least 200y to the right..

on this hole must carry 1 club above ur normal. short of green is trouble. Long is a fairly routine bunker with a good opportunity for an up and down.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course   Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 5:52 pm

ChrisD wrote:
Hi, 

Appreciate if anyone here can guide on how to play at Sentosa Tanjong. Heard its a difficult course as it's my first time playing there.

The best way to play there is to bring me along. . 

Why bo jio !!??    Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course   Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 6:20 pm

chien wrote:
ChrisD wrote:
Hi, 

The best way to play there is to bring me along. . 

Why bo jio !!??    Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

Next game can? Sure Jio you. But got to be patient with me, going thru a difficult patch as this will be my 3rd game after a long layoff.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course   Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 6:21 pm

Thanks for the advice. Any one can highlight those dangerous holes, etc like avoid hitting left , right, use hydrid to tee off instead of driver?
Back to top Go down
Artloh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course   Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 8:38 pm

You can actually purchase a course guide from the club / pro shop.
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course   Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 4:00 am

ChrisD wrote:
Thanks for the advice. Any one can highlight those dangerous holes, etc like avoid hitting left , right, use hydrid to tee off instead of driver?
my advice: don't win by too many holes; you're running out of kakis. now everyone knows that you're sub-80 player
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course   Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 12:15 pm

zhenxua wrote:
ChrisD wrote:
my advice: don't win by too many holes; you're running out of kakis. now everyone knows that you're sub-80 player
But I still failed to win you. Sigh..
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course   Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 1:27 pm

1st time at any course... just play to enjoy

dun think abt scoring well....

just like go KTV...

1st time go, sing for good company...

subsequent trips.... then can think audition for Spore Idol

What a Face
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course   Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 4:19 pm

Not so much into scoring by to avoid getting big numbers on each individual hole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course   Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need advice on Sentosa Tanjong course
Page 1 of 1