Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which JB golf course is worth joining?

Go down 
+12
alessioitalia
A Senior
Kaii
Duval_S
mikael
babolat
iron eagle
nutty88
TDO
benjiaming
renode
Gymrat76
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Which JB golf course is worth joining? Empty
PostSubject: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 9:10 am

Hi all

Looking at the green fees between member and non member rates, I was considering joining a golf club in JB. So far have only played at Tg. Puteri and will try HH either this weekend or the next. 

Please share your experience and opinions in which golf clubs are worth joining, from the aspect of price, choice and quality of courses and facilities etc.  thanks
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 9:15 am

My opinion - no need to join any club in JB, just call and book anytime when you want to play. More flexible and choices.
Back to top Go down
benjiaming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 9:21 am

I would suggest Tg. Puteri. I think it's one of the better choices in JB.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 9:23 am

Don't join Poresia. Lousy course, lack maintenance, poor management, etc... but still I play there not by choice but because I am a member and it's the nearest to Singapore.  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 9:25 am

Is HH up for joining membership? I thought it's a public course and membership is free if you buy a house there. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 9:29 am

TDO wrote:
Don't join Poresia. Lousy course, lack maintenance, poor management, etc... but still I play there not by choice but because I am a member and it's the nearest to Singapore.  Rolling Eyes 

Ya, I am also a Poresia member and will not recommend joining as a member. I prefer the course in the current condition so that we have less golfers on weekends and i can finish the game in under 4 hours. Don't join, don't join.  Beer
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 10:12 am

@Gymrat, 

Many of us have gone down the road of buying a membership in one of the JB courses simply because it is much cheaper as compared to Singapore. If you are really keen to buy a membership, you need to consider the followings: -

1. Kakis - you need regular kakis to play with or else you will end either not playing or pairing up with strangers. I joined Poresia because we used to have on average 6 flights playing Sunday afternoon. Now it is a different story altogether.

2. Distance & time - Poresia is the nearest to Singapore via 2nd Link and most of the time it is not congested except during school holidays. Woodlands is most of the time very congested, which is why I didn't want to consider any club that requires us to go via Woodlands. 

2nd Link - Poresia, Palm Villa, Palm Resort, Horizon Hills.
1st Link - Royal Country Club, Ponderosa, Starhill, Tg Puteri.

If you don't mind going via Woodlands, I would go for Starhill as 1st choice and Tg Puteri as 2nd because Starhill is nearer and also has a walking course. 

3. Ease of getting flights - no point getting a membership where you have problems securing a flight on weekends, if you intend to play mostly weekends. 

Note that you must be prepared that the membership fees will completely go down the drain should you wish to retire from the club.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 10:21 am

I am also member of Poresia since 1999 have been playing there all these years
also realised that membership at Poresia have dwindled, previously I played every Saturday
that place was like fish market crowded, have to wait for some time your turn!

Now since not working anymore  I play every Thursday 2 ball we finished 18 holes in less than 2.5hours, with no flight in front blocking us!  It's extremely hot and ground is solid hard, if you divot
too hard careful your tennis elbow! Fair way no more Green it's brown due dry spell, if ball goes into water it's dry can  play from there!

Nowadays JB golf club, you don't need to buy membership just
walk in and play, price are reasonable from RM75.00 to RM99.00 for weekdays a wide choice of golf club to choose from!
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 11:04 am

Thanks. I was looking at Tg. Puteri's social membership, and RM1,000/year for the family membership looks pretty good (50% off golfing).. since my wife and I both play, sounds worthwhile. Will also look at other courses - may not be necessary to go for the full membership since we don't really use the other facilities.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 5:03 pm

Gymrat76 wrote:
Thanks. I was looking at Tg. Puteri's social membership, and RM1,000/year for the family membership looks pretty good (50% off golfing).. since my wife and I both play, sounds worthwhile. Will also look at other courses - may not be necessary to go for the full membership since we don't really use the other facilities.
Do your sums bro. Joining term membership may not be worth while if you intend to play long term. Membership is now cheap so it's better to join as full member to take advantage of it. Term member also have to pay buggy fee.

Last edited by TDO on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 5:11 pm

Kum sia. Will def do my sums first, but thanks for the tip on the buggy.. didn't realize it was not included
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 8:58 pm

Out of all golf clubs, 

I think Tg puteri is most worthy of joining.
Now with the new pasir gudang highway from woodlands, save a lot of traveling time.
And this club comes with 3 X 18 holes courses...
Still dedently maintained....
Back to top Go down
mikael
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi there,
My advice is go to Ponderosa Golf, Taman Molek as the place not very crowded. Staff very friendly and well maintain.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 8:48 pm

I have adopted permas jaya as my home club. Very frenly ppl...and ample parking.

I like to thank permas jaya for helping to make the golfer i am today
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:05 pm

dont forget the monthly subscription fees
Back to top Go down
A Senior
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:32 pm

Any comment on Palm Resort in Senai? What is current transfer fee?
Back to top Go down
alessioitalia
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 10:27 am

Porresia in very bad conditions leh
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 1:24 pm

alessioitalia wrote:
Porresia in very bad conditions leh
It depends on how you define bad. Just finished this morning's game at 11.10am and found it to be relatively good. The only problem we encounter nowadays are the chuck-a-block during turnaround. The wait at Orchid Hole 3 Par 3 was 4 flights waiting at the tee box for a particular group in front holding back all the flights behind. Other than that the course condition is generally satisfactory for a non-fussy golfer.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
A Senior
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 2:05 pm

What is Poresia golf counter telephone? Sunday PM rate walk-in. Handicap check?
Back to top Go down
ljflvwc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:51 pm

consider star hill
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 4:14 pm

It's better not to consider any clubs at the moment until the Toll Issues and inpending VEP that might be imposed by JB. Just play any JB clubs you want until things are settled down.
 Swing 
Back to top Go down
alessioitalia
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 5:50 pm

never been to star hill, anyone knows the prices for weekday 18 holes?
how is the condition of the course?
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 10:56 pm

TDO wrote:
It's better not to consider any clubs at the moment until the Toll Issues and inpending VEP that might be imposed by JB. Just play any JB clubs you want until things are settled down.
 Swing 
Join KGSS... Kelab Golf Sana Sini.... ( Any Where Golf Club )....
Back to top Go down
ljflvwc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 2:08 pm

Tg puteri, star hill, IOI .....
Back to top Go down
grwilliam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 2:29 pm

alessioitalia wrote:
never been to star hill, anyone knows the prices for weekday 18 holes?
how is the condition of the course?

Visitor rate on weekday RM120. Senior rate RM80.

http://www.starhill-golf.com/golfing-rates/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which JB golf course is worth joining?   Which JB golf course is worth joining? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which JB golf course is worth joining?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next