Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best driver - mygolfspy

Go down 
+4
Turbo
pocketace
asahi
golfool2009
8 posters
AuthorMessage
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

Best driver - mygolfspy Empty
PostSubject: Best driver - mygolfspy   Best driver - mygolfspy I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:07 pm

Not sure if anyone posted this earlier but I thought this was a very interesting read.......
http://www.mygolfspy.com/2014-most-wanted-driver-longest-awards/

makes me want to run down to golfdirect and pick up the SLDR
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Best driver - mygolfspy   Best driver - mygolfspy I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:17 pm

Eh, dun ah. 

Not many tour players can handle it.

Unless you are on some tour I do not know about.
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Best driver - mygolfspy   Best driver - mygolfspy I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:20 pm

i'm on the hooters tour.......but not the golf tour...more like the buffalo wings tour
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Best driver - mygolfspy   Best driver - mygolfspy I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:23 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
i'm on the hooters tour.......but not the golf tour...more like the buffalo wings tour

Ahhhhh.....So that explains it.

No wonder you are distracted and coming up short....those hooters on tour more than you can handle?!

Razz
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Best driver - mygolfspy   Best driver - mygolfspy I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:27 pm

I am surprised under 100mph swing speed is also won by SLDR

MGS tends to be independent IMHO, they say it as they see it, not bias by advertising dollars
I recall they were critical about TM at one time until relationship between TMag and MGS came to a head.... 

So they are not afraid to stand up against big corporate golf companies 
That's why you see Powerbilt also ranks highly for a not so major brand. It's all down to merit
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Best driver - mygolfspy   Best driver - mygolfspy I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:29 pm

the worst thing about playing shitty golf isn't losing money, it's not even the frustration of not being able to score what you think you're capable of shooting...it's bragging rights.....and right now, i have none after getting my ass kicked......so Mr Asahi, i shall go back to the hooters tour, humbly eat my buffalo wings and continue to wonder whether the hooters outlet in SG is being ironic given the lack of owls and the abundance of kleenex.....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Best driver - mygolfspy   Best driver - mygolfspy I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:35 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
the worst thing about playing shitty golf isn't losing money, it's not even the frustration of not being able to score what you think you're capable of shooting...it's bragging rights.....and right now, i have none after getting my ass kicked......so Mr Asahi, i shall go back to the hooters tour, humbly eat my buffalo wings and continue to wonder whether the hooters outlet in SG is being ironic given the lack of owls and the abundance of kleenex.....

Oh boy, you poor thing! 

I am more than willing to offer my wings to you to eat.

JCC soon? 

Twisted Evil 

p.s Heard that other than Kleenex, Durex also features prominently in local hooters.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Best driver - mygolfspy   Best driver - mygolfspy I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:45 pm

RBZ II and Titleist 913 is not even in the list ...
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Best driver - mygolfspy   Best driver - mygolfspy I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:49 pm

pocketace wrote:
I am surprised under 100mph swing speed is also won by SLDR

MGS tends to be independent IMHO, they say it as they see it, not bias by advertising dollars
I recall they were critical about TM at one time until relationship between TMag and MGS came to a head.... 

So they are not afraid to stand up against big corporate golf companies 
That's why you see Powerbilt also ranks highly for a not so major brand. It's all down to merit

Yup. Surprised me too. But if you look closely, there's not much difference between #1 and#15..... A handful of yards really.....

I would say golf digest's hotlist is crap where it's very obvious they're desperately trying to find something nice to say about every club for fear of offending anyone. 

Golf magazine's club test is much better but not enough data is given.....

Mygolfspy is the best by far......golfwrx is now owned by golf digest so a bit suspect now

Turbo, titleist chose not to participate in this.....
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: Best driver - mygolfspy   Best driver - mygolfspy I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:03 pm

the SLDR is indeed impressive.

Played wif a friend using it recently.
Although my driving is much better and his carry is almost 20m shorter den mine,
the SLDR's roll is crazy. in the end, I can be out driven by 5m+
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Best driver - mygolfspy   Best driver - mygolfspy I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 10:11 am

Thanks Francis for the informative read.. agree on the golf digest part  Very Happy  will tell the editor next time I see him that I'm not alone in this thinking.. hahaha..

Just wondering about how these drivers will match up to the JDM ones.. Understand Miura didn't wish to take part, how about the Crazy, Ryoma, Katana, XXIO, Romaro etc... 

Getting old, couldn't find the list of 23 drivers they tested..

cheers
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Best driver - mygolfspy   Best driver - mygolfspy I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 10:19 am

golfool2009 wrote:
Not sure if anyone posted this earlier but I thought this was a very interesting read.......
http://www.mygolfspy.com/2014-most-wanted-driver-longest-awards/

makes me want to run down to golfdirect and pick up the SLDR

Bro,  I went to their demo in OCC a couple of weeks back.  Before I can even test it, the guy told me that he needs to change the slider as it is spoiled.  I asked the rep whether it is common and was met with a silent stare and a change of topic...
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Best driver - mygolfspy   Best driver - mygolfspy I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 10:19 am

golfool2009 wrote:

I see a fishing line somewhere.......  pig
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Best driver - mygolfspy   Best driver - mygolfspy I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 10:48 am

A buddy of mine, a solid 3 h'capper, just told me that he switched to the SLDR and moved from 8.5* in his old club to a 12* head as the club is really low launching.....i think justin rose is also using a 12* head......
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Best driver - mygolfspy   Best driver - mygolfspy I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 11:04 am

golfool2009 wrote:
A buddy of mine, a solid 3 h'capper, just told me that he switched to the SLDR and moved from 8.5* in his old club to a 12* head as the club is really low launching.....i think justin rose is also using a 12* head......

Yes.  when i using the lower loft, it was like putting.

He was trying to get me touse the higher lofted head but looking how how the slider can be easily damaged... I decided to go lim kopi instead.  But then, that is my personal take...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Best driver - mygolfspy   Best driver - mygolfspy I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 11:24 am

golfool2009 wrote:

Justin Rose and Dustin Johnson are using 10.5 deg ...
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Best driver - mygolfspy   Best driver - mygolfspy I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:30 pm

It was mentioned that the test was done based on distance alone with no or minimal consideration to accuracy etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Best driver - mygolfspy   Best driver - mygolfspy I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best driver - mygolfspy   Best driver - mygolfspy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best driver - mygolfspy
Page 1 of 1