Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bridgestone anyone?

Go down 
+38
element17
bogeyman72
qqqqqq
mrkatsucurry
JonL_TK
BabyCroc
scottycollector
jason.koh.54966
Sean76
mika
enwee
aze06
acidic88
playgolf
Yarra
maslie
iron eagle
IGT
aero66
pushslice
DGman
DRGjr72
kuuligan
Turbo
hkhamateur
dyeosh
nrafee
essentiale
audi
asahi
tronos
Derek
costajos
haragolfer
abadan
TDO
r3iz
42 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
r3iz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Bridgestone anyone?  Empty
PostSubject: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:40 pm

Bridgestone anyone?

I figured that I prefer using 'less' mainstream brands.. (more unique? lolx) I tried the Bridgestone ViQ series and I liked it pretty much. Any one uses this? any reviews?

I realized that there aren't many people using Bridgestone lol
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:03 pm

I like Bridgestone balls. The feel is quite good. Trouble is I am not a loyalist. I skip brands trying around. But Bridgestone is quite good from my experience. Swing
Back to top Go down
r3iz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:31 pm

speaking about loyalty.. would u guys get the full set of clubs of the same brand/model? or get different ones as certain brands may make better drivers while certain brands make better irons?
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:51 pm

Had a set of Tourstage CB2's. Loved them! very soft forging. But a lil too much offset for me. I heard ViQ series are longer and more forgiving.

As for using the same brand for everything. Its up to the individual i guess. I play taylormade irons and driver, but woods and wedges are titleist. putter is odyssey. To me, whatever works best.

Alot of pros do not have exclusive 14 club contracts. Quite alot of them still using very old model clubs. A good example would be Luke Donald. Sponsored by Mizuno, but uses RBZ driver and woods.

If something works well... why change?

Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:53 pm

bridgestone is a maker of very desirable clubs, tourstage for example. the balls and irons from them are usually one generation older than the tourstage premium models. And it has been common knowledge, that the other forums talk about, they make nike balls OEM.
Back to top Go down
costajos
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 2:10 pm

r3iz wrote:
speaking about loyalty.. would u guys get the full set of clubs of the same brand/model? or get different ones as certain brands may make better drivers while certain brands make better irons?

really your own preference. some loyalist must have everything including attire and apparel from the same brand. i go with what works best for me...
Back to top Go down
r3iz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 2:23 pm

I am really pretty interested in the Tourstage ViQ irons.. anyone knows where sells affordable Tourstage clubs? world of golf seems pretty steep to me
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 2:43 pm

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t20998-wts-tourstage-irons-and-shafts
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 2:54 pm

r3iz wrote:
I am really pretty interested in the Tourstage ViQ irons.. anyone knows where sells affordable Tourstage clubs? world of golf seems pretty steep to me

U can check out Creative @ Joe's. He's got a few used sets. I used to have a ViQ 3 wood as well.. very long and forgiving. very easy to hit.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 2:55 pm

r3iz wrote:

a very good buddy golfed one day all decked out in a particular brand one day. I asked him, "wow, bro, you sponsored by ------ now ah?" he laughed and say, " no la, i sponsor them, all buy with cash one ah!"

power to him. We support whom we want to support, to the detriment of our scores sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 3:18 pm

haragolfer wrote:
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t20998-wts-tourstage-irons-and-shafts

that is a seriously good price for ViQ Irons ... good versatile shaft as well ...
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 8:14 pm

funny thing is BS is on the other side of the fence for car tyres. Die hard supporters even if their performance is not up to par (and more premium cost as well)
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 9:04 pm

haragolfer wrote:
r3iz wrote:

a very good buddy golfed one day all decked out in a particular brand one day. I asked him, "wow, bro, you sponsored by ------ now ah?" he laughed and say, " no la, i sponsor them, all buy with cash one ah!"

power to him. We support whom we want to support, to the detriment of our scores sometimes.

Some says detrimental to our pOckets as well!

Anyway, Bridgestone balls wise, must get the B330, IMO.
The other series too hard feel.
But one man's meat is another man's poison.

Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:47 am

never tried bridgestone or tourstage club before. but i'm using bridgestone balls. i play better using bridgestone balls rather than titleist or srixon balls. just different feeling somehow...
Back to top Go down
essentiale
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 9:45 pm

anyone with experience playing with Bridgestone J40 Cavity Back irons?
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:14 pm

on an unrelated topic of bridgestone... they also make very good tyres and advertisements...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k5qM7jzJy2c?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back to top Go down
dyeosh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:18 pm

nrafee wrote:
on an unrelated topic of bridgestone... they also make very good tyres and advertisements...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k5qM7jzJy2c?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice 1.....
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 6:45 pm

Seen this ad b4. cyclops
Nicz... Wink
Bridgestone saved e dog's day fr another new lover!Laughing
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:15 pm

It is prolly a joint-advertisement of Bridgestone and Merc ... Not forgetting an excellent braking system from Mercedes Benz ... Cool
Back to top Go down
kuuligan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:07 pm

I've had my Xblade CB (08) with R flex NSpro since they launched and have been using them since

They are not the easiest of irons to hit and definitely not forgiving with a mishit! On the greener side of things, when hit properly, very soft feel and powerful launch.
Also, being a blade in nature, able to be used to manipulate a draw/fade when needed.

I would have gone with a S flex for abit more aggressive swing, but the R flex allowed more control of the ball despite losing a few meters.

my 2 cents

Also using ViQ 3+ utility woods and the head is very hot; on good contact, I absolutely love the sound and feel.

Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 8:00 am

essentiale wrote:
anyone with experience playing with Bridgestone J40 Cavity Back irons?

I am actually playing the J40 irons currently and they are as good as anything that is out there in the market today.

Great feel, friendly bounce and sole design, good distance, very accurate, minimal offset, forgiveness on off center strikes, good looks...etc. Essentially everything I want out of a set of irons.

Both the J40 cavity back and the J40 dual cavity are designed for the professional to mid handicapper. The J40 dual cavity are slightly more perimeter weighted than the J40 cavity back and as such should be slightly easier to manage on mis hits.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:17 am

Nice set of clubs and ever since Matt Kuchar and Brandt Snedeker have their winning ways, Bridgestone is also winning more fans worldwide. its forged by Endo and its a classy irons, underrated and IMHO a well designed and well crafted piece.

its always about marketing, branding and association with players. smaller brands like BS find it hard to compete with the giant brands whose sponsorship makes it tough for smaller brands to compete in a unleveled playing field.

coincidentally we have 2 sets in for a re-shaft yesterday, so it goes to show that the brand is moving.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:21 am

DGman wrote:
Nice set of clubs and ever since Matt Kuchar and Brandt Snedeker have their winning ways, Bridgestone is also winning more fans worldwide. its forged by Endo and its a classy irons, underrated and IMHO a well designed and well crafted piece.

its always about marketing, branding and association with players. smaller brands like BS find it hard to compete with the giant brands whose sponsorship makes it tough for smaller brands to compete in a unleveled playing field.

coincidentally we have 2 sets in for a re-shaft yesterday, so it goes to show that the brand is moving.

DGman

Also remember that Kuchar's set is tour only (he has the black finish on his J40 heads) and are not available to the general public.

Like DGman said some of the smaller brands in the market today are making clubs that are every bit as good, if not better than the big boys. Just need to hit and see what feels and works best for you and your game.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:34 am

the brand adoption and not the product itself...

"Nice set of clubs and ever since Matt Kuchar and Brandt Snedeker have their winning ways, Bridgestone is also winning more fans worldwide."

most people who buy TM are also aware that what they buy are far from what the pros who are incentivised are using....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 10:28 am

I love the j40 DPC. So soft and easy to hit yet with looks of players irons

If theres an iron to replace my fishes, it would be bridgestone (not tourstage)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone anyone?    Bridgestone anyone?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bridgestone anyone?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next