Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scotty Cameron Putter weights

Go down 
+9
Asmo
addirk
JasonG
astroboy888
cglim
enwee
peace2903
bono
nomic76
13 posters
AuthorMessage
nomic76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Scotty Cameron Putter weights Empty
PostSubject: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 5:04 pm

Greetings GRians,

I find my current set of 10gm too light for my preference. Thus, I have the following queries and hope someone can enlighten me:

1) Best place to get/ order a set of 20gm?
*Walked around FESC and almost all shops said order from online better* Sad

2) Are the weights universal? Anything I should look out for when ordering? 
*Am using Studio Select 2.0*

3) Any special tool to affix the weights? Or just go to fitter and they should be able to set me up?

Thanks in advance for the answers and for reading.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
bono
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 7:54 pm

I have a pair of 15gms from my studio select newport that I am not using. PM me if you are keen.
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 8:17 pm

I Hv similar issue when I chg fr 34" to 35" for my np detour. Wanted to chg heavier wt, but was told not as simple as just chging the wts. There's reason for the wt decrease corresponding with the length. Think need to add wt to grip also, can't remember exactly Wat the fitter says but he told me the wt is ok, so in the end I live with it as too cumbersome.
Back to top Go down
nomic76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 10:09 pm

mine was a case of reducing from 34" TO 33" and the 2x 10gm was recommended to increase to 15gm pair.

thus I am seeking advices on the queries
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 10:12 pm

nomic76 wrote:
mine was a case of reducing from 34" TO 33" and the 2x 10gm was recommended to increase to 15gm pair.

Original 33" is 20g each side. Only way to get is to go online store. U can try emailing aschunet see if they reply to u.
Back to top Go down
nomic76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 11:34 pm

enwee wrote:
nomic76 wrote:

Original 33" is 20g each side. Only way to get is to go online store. U can try emailing aschunet see if they reply to u.
thanks for the advice Enwee.

cheers
Back to top Go down
cglim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
cglim

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 12:38 am

It would be best if you can find out first if additional weights wwould really make a difference in terms of your feel. I added 10g to mine and I didn't really feel anything significantly different. Maybe it's just me. 

Any weights for Studio Newport will fit. You need  use a wrench to attach /detach the screw in weights. EBay got lots listed but  some could be 3rd party brands. Hth. .
Back to top Go down
nomic76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 6:48 am

cglim wrote:
It would be best if you can find out first if additional weights wwould really make a difference in terms of your feel. I added 10g to mine and I didn't really feel anything significantly different. Maybe it's just me. 

Any weights for Studio Newport will fit. You need  use a wrench to attach /detach the screw in weights. EBay got lots listed but  some could be 3rd party brands. Hth. .

Thanks CGLim for sharing your experience.

btw, is it a specific type of wrench if I may ask?
Back to top Go down
cglim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
cglim

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:39 am

Yes it is a specific wrench; designed to clamp into the 5 holes of the weight, which allows you to screw it in or out.
Back to top Go down
nomic76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 2:59 pm

thanks bro..for sharing the info.

cheers
Back to top Go down
astroboy888
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 4:17 pm

Adding weights can be as easy as buying the lead add-on weights that come in strips. Weigh them on a kitchen scale and once you get the desired weight, just remove your existing 10grm weight and add the additional inside the cavity. You will need to knead the strips into a ball to fit the cavity. Preferably, use some epoxy to secure it so the additional weight will not become annoying every time you putt.

I have tried adding weights by going up 5 and 10 grms. Not a cheap exercise on my part as I bought all the additional weights from the US. 

My 34 scotty uses 20grms in each port instead of 15grms and I feel it's suits me better. 

Ironically after playing around with different Scotty's and changing the weights around, I find that I 
putt the best with my Zen. The 360grms head weight combined with a butter smooth feel just works for me.

Last edited by astroboy888 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nomic76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:08 pm

hmm...thanks for the info.

interesting solution although requiring some effort
Back to top Go down
JasonG
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 8:29 pm

Anyone selling 1 piece of 15g weight?
Back to top Go down
JasonG
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 8:31 pm

I meant either 10 or 20g.
Got 2 x 15g now. Needs a differential on the weight on toe and that on heel.
Back to top Go down
addirk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
addirk

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 10:10 pm

ebay can find alot of oems weights, mostly from hk or china. Can buy the weight removal tool as well.
Back to top Go down
Asmo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Asmo

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Just managed to change my Scotty weights at Big Fish. My Scotty is now fixed with a pair of 25g from previously a pair of 15g. Feel better now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 3:12 pm

I am thinking of doing that too ... How much they charged u for that pair of 25g?
Back to top Go down
Asmo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Asmo

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 3:15 pm

Turbo wrote:
I am thinking of doing that too ... How much they charged u for that pair of 25g?

Eugene charged $89 for a pair of 25g. You can call him, he just received shipment over last weekend. thats why i quickly went over to fix up.
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 3:52 pm

there s a pair of 20gm up for sale at golfsite.. 

http://golfsite.sg/ads/scotty-cameron-authentic-20gm-weights-1-pair/
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 8:46 pm

Asmo wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Eugene charged $89 for a pair of 25g. You can call him, he just received shipment over last weekend. thats why i quickly went over to fix up.

Sorry to say that I could get much better price from a couple of shops from FESC ... Nonetheless, thanks for the heads up ...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 9:41 pm

dr_z8 wrote:
there s a pair of 20gm up for sale at golfsite.. 

http://golfsite.sg/ads/scotty-cameron-authentic-20gm-weights-1-pair/
That fella sells the weights without the wrench ... Rolling Eyes

That weights are for much older model of SC putter if I am not wrong ...
Back to top Go down
lousyswinger
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 3:51 pm

Now that's value, any idea where I can get replacement sole plate for heavier weight for the scotty red x2? Hopefully one that will bring the putter weight to 350 -370gms. Currently it plays at 330gm/35"(Shorten to 34").

TIA.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:42 am

You may try eBay ... I got my pair of 25g weights (with wrench) for Scotty Select Newport putter for only S$25 (includes airmail to my place) ... Awesome pricing!
Back to top Go down
19thwaiting
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 11:18 pm

wow, did not realize so many guys are concern the weights as me.
just replaced it from a set bought from eBay US, Batman Style, Tour Design Style.
very nice.
go check them, eBay: golf4lifestyle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter weights   Scotty Cameron Putter weights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scotty Cameron Putter weights
Page 1 of 1