Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration

Go down 
+5
abadan
simoner
WILL33
enwee
IGT
9 posters
AuthorMessage
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration Empty
PostSubject: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Found this when i was checking sites on Scotty putters restoration.

Amazing stuff....check this out

http://www.titleist.com/news-archive/story/755/Scotty%20Cameron%20Putter%20Restoration%20and%20Custom%20Shop.aspx
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:23 pm

I ask before, not cheap through and flo normally abt $200
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:32 pm

enwee wrote:

I c. USD200 excluding shipment? Thx
Back to top Go down
WILL33
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
WILL33

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 am

Their restored putter look like brand new & now with so many ways and choice to customize the way we wish.

But it is not cheap after adding postage onto the restoration price.

Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 5:50 am

There's a shop in Plaza Thaniya Bangkok that also does Scotty restoration and repairs. Can't remember the name of the shop, but the entire business is centred around Scotty.
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 9:25 am

I bought my Scotty in the states. remember being told that they come with a lifetime warranty. Anything wrong, bring it back. Mine was an old Studio design 1.5 with the gunmetal head that is prone to rusting. The sales person told me that i could restore it FOC. they will send back to titleist, restore the head and install a brand new shaft and grip. basically, the putter will come back like new.

I came back to Singapore, asked around, and everyone i asked told me that is impossible. and they charge about $200 to send it back to titleist and back. Shipping all included. So most just tell me to save the money. might as well get another used one.

So a few possibilities:
The sales person was lying to me.
Titleist changed their policy.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:41 am

i wonder why no clubfitter or pro shop in Singapore has started a putter restoration business. they've got most of the tools already. apart from the milling machine, which is probably very expensive and not that necessary, they probably only need to add a buffing wheel.

Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:46 am

IGT wrote:
enwee wrote:

I c. USD200 excluding shipment? Thx
Last time, my old scotty the shaft chrome start to peel off, so I asked Aschunet abt this they told me I can send my putter to vinc in FESC. The cost is between SGD 200 - 250 including freight but time take for the whole restoration take abt 3-4 wks. I did not send in mainly because of the price and also only had one putter, send for restoration cannot play for 3-4 wks. In the end I sold my putter for $200 and bought new one for $450.
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:47 am

scottycollector wrote:
i wonder why no clubfitter or pro shop in Singapore has started a putter restoration business. they've got most of the tools already. apart from the milling machine, which is probably very expensive and not that necessary, they probably only need to add a buffing wheel.

Precisely, Bro. I see this as a business case here, or rather as a business opportunity. I saw the custom restoration was way more cool that the original finishes; just like how cars are groomed and souped up.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:59 am

Anyone knows where to buy a buffing machine? I think I may just buy one and mess around with some old putters =)
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:01 pm

scottycollector wrote:
Anyone knows where to buy a buffing machine? I think I may just buy one and mess around with some old putters =)
Wah so serious ah???
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:24 pm

haha i really like making things with my hands. since i'm already into painting my clubs, restoration is just one step away =)
Back to top Go down
eqtrend
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:44 pm

instead buying buffing machine, u might want to try cheaper alternative. As most ppl own drill, just get rubbing compound, mat from automotive store. Alternatively you do not own drill u might want to try Dremel, see below for link

http://shop.sgtooling.com/
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:57 pm

thanks for the link. yep i also considered using my drill. but i thought results may not be as good. maybe i should just give the drill a try first.
Back to top Go down
eqtrend
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 1:03 pm

no harming in trying... let me know how it work out, i have old putter i want to shine as well

Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 1:41 pm

scottycollector wrote:
haha i really like making things with my hands. since i'm already into painting my clubs, restoration is just one step away =)
been trying to paint my fishy logo..but so far very ugly...
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:19 pm

My attempt at "restoring" my Circa 62 No. 3. The old oil can finish was fading in some parts. So i stripped off the oil can by dipping it in coke. I tried to use my drill as a buffing wheel, but I couldn't find a buffing wheel that was small enough at Homefix. So i ended up fashioning my own buffing wheel out of a small paint roller. I suspect that's why I couldn't attain the mirror finish that i was after. anyhow, here are the pics.

Before:

[img]Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration 38[/img]

After:

[img]Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration A[/img]
[img]Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration C[/img]
[img]Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration B[/img]

I shall do the paintfill tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:30 pm

bro....scottyC, what did you use to polish and make it shiny.??? Brilliant job

I have a 15 year old of Ping Anser....and it look like shit. I still use them but feel shy playing among the super chio ones
Back to top Go down
Whosyourdaddy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:40 pm

Wow, nice. Now it looks like the California honey dip. Well done.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:57 pm

i used an autosol metal polish cream that i found at a hardware store. i managed to fix the small paint roller onto my hand drill and then used it to "buff" and polish with the cream. the cream is also supposed to prevent rust. hopefully it works cos this model is v prone to rusting.
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:25 pm

scottycollector wrote:
i used an autosol metal polish cream that i found at a hardware store. i managed to fix the small paint roller onto my hand drill and then used it to "buff" and polish with the cream. the cream is also supposed to prevent rust. hopefully it works cos this model is v prone to rusting.

Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:29 pm

scottycollector wrote:

Bro, i have the exact Circa model; mind taking a look at the pics if it can be re-stored as "cool" as yrs? Thx Very Happy

Here is the link:
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t20387-wts-my-1st-wtscash-out-for-x-mas
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:55 pm

I don't see why not. The main part of the process is stripping off the oil can finish. Just dip it in coke for 1 to 2 hours, then soap, wash n hairdry. The coke will also remove rust. After that just buy a metal polish n polish till u r satisfied. Just make sure u r ok with losing the original finish
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:59 pm

scottycollector wrote:
I don't see why not. The main part of the process is stripping off the oil can finish. Just dip it in coke for 1 to 2 hours, then soap, wash n hairdry. The coke will also remove rust. After that just buy a metal polish n polish till u r satisfied. Just make sure u r ok with losing the original finish

Thanks, Bro! Truly appreciate!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration   Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scotty Cameron Putter Restoration
Page 1 of 1