Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter

Go down 
+14
TDO
hkhamateur
addirk
enwee
DGman
audi
chien
Tiramisu
WILL33
pocketace
kamen
scottycollector
JonL_TK
dodi101
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dodi101
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dodi101

Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter Empty
PostSubject: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi Guys...

Any Bro can kindly advise me what putter model name is ? in which year ?

Appreciate all the kind advise given...!

Regards.

Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter Lz0sFvi
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Don't understand ur question...
Thanks
Back to top Go down
dodi101
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dodi101

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:33 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
Don't understand ur question...
Thanks

Sorry..maybe i did not make clear of my question..

I have attach a photo (hope it can be review to you all) hope to get advise regards this putter model name and which year was it produced ?

Appreciate all the advise that i can get...

Many Thanks!
Back to top Go down
dodi101
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dodi101

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:44 pm

Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter R60vzEf

Reattach picture to seek advise what is this model name and which year was it released ?

Many Thanks !
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:59 pm

it will be helpful if u can share why you need to know this, rather than just asking the question in a vacuum. in the absence of such info, i will assume that u are asking because u want to buy it / have bought it, and want to know if it's authentic.

my first thoughts are that it's strange that the putter head comes in plastic wrapping. it's also strange that it comes with Star weights (which can be bought cheaply off ebay), rather than the Circle T weights, which usually come with Tour putters.

anyway, i don't think there's a 'release date' for tour putters. from my understanding, they are simply putters which scotty cameron issues to tour players. ie they are not available in retail stores. as such, they won't have a 'release date' in the normal sense of that term

in any case, the putter here looks like a studio select laguna 2, and is therefore probably produced around the time 2009 - 2010.

the surest way to know if a "tour putter" is genuine is if it comes with a certificate of authenticity. this can be obtained by sending the putter to the custom shop for verification.
Back to top Go down
dodi101
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dodi101

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 6:16 pm

scottycollector wrote:
it will be helpful if u can share why you need to know this, rather than just asking the question in a vacuum. in the absence of such info, i will assume that u are asking because u want to buy it / have bought it, and want to know if it's authentic.

my first thoughts are that it's strange that the putter head comes in plastic wrapping. it's also strange that it comes with Star weights (which can be bought cheaply off ebay), rather than the Circle T weights, which usually come with Tour putters.

anyway, i don't think there's a 'release date' for tour putters. from my understanding, they are simply putters which scotty cameron issues to tour players. ie they are not available in retail stores. as such, they won't have a 'release date' in the normal sense of that term

in any case, the putter here looks like a studio select laguna 2, and is therefore probably produced around the time 2009 - 2010.

the surest way to know if a "tour putter" is genuine is if it comes with a certificate of authenticity. this can be obtained by sending the putter to the custom shop for verification.

Hi Bro SC,

Yes, i am thinking to buy since i was offered. I did a research in the Scotty Cameron homesite but cannot find this related putter therefore seeking kind advise in GR.
It is a new putter which still wrapped in plastic wrapping.
Great advise from SC that i will check for the certificate of authenticity if it comes with it.
Many Thanks Bro SC !
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 6:28 pm

The star on the putter face is kinda cute...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 6:33 pm

Afaik, Scotty putters brand new, by default there is no plastic on putter head. Only the grip is shrink wrapped when it leaves the factory

Some retailers like Golfhouse may wrap the Scotty putter head manually to reduce shop wear and tear.

So I just want you to be aware, if you have not personally seen or touched the putter, the shrink wrap on the putter is to give you the perception of it being new.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 7:02 pm

Yep pocketace is right. Scotty putters don't come with the heads shrink wrapped. Furthermore this is supposed to b a tour putter, all the more it should not come 'brand new shrink wrapped'

Another good indicator is to ask who u r buying from n for how much. A tour putter in mint condition is typically priced at usd1000 n above. If the price is too good to b true, it prob isn't

Although I don't personally own a tour issued putter, I've seen a good number of pictures of them. This one doesn't have the quality n refinement in finishing that comes with most tour putters I've seen. Apart from the words 'for tour use only' it looks like an off the rack studio select.
Back to top Go down
dodi101
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dodi101

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 7:22 pm

scottycollector wrote:
Yep pocketace is right. Scotty putters don't come with the heads shrink wrapped. Furthermore this is supposed to b a tour putter, all the more it should not come 'brand new shrink wrapped'

Another good indicator is to ask who u r buying from n for how much. A tour putter in mint condition is typically priced at usd1000 n above. If the price is too good to b true, it prob isn't

Although I don't personally own a tour issued putter, I've seen a good number of pictures of them. This one doesn't have the quality n refinement in finishing that comes with most tour putters I've seen. Apart from the words 'for tour use only' it looks like an off the rack studio select.

Updated with more pictures !

Bro SC, u are so good and correct that it look like Scotty's Laguna 2.
Bro Pocketace, yes the grip is shrink wrap.
Previously from Golf Direct, i bought a Scotty Newport 2 Notchback and the putter head was also shrink wrapped. Maybe to protect wear and tear during testing.
Wow..Bro SC from u mentioned the tour putter price is usd 1000 n above..it is really expensive !
I am offered S$370.00...since like it is a good price to pay for it !

Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter WUjcpl8
Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter SxjbN6M
Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter UTpFsoy
Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter 1WOqLRA
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 7:36 pm

S$370 is even cheaper than an off the rack retail putter, which sells for around S$420 to $450

based on the price, my view is that it's definitely a fake, but a very well made one.

if u do buy it (which i would advise you not to because not only is a fake scotty worthless, it also fuels and funds the counterfeit market), do a magnet test on the putter head. real studio selects are made of stainless steel and will not be attracted to magnet

alternatively, ask the seller pointblank if the putter head is attracted to magnet, before u commit to buy it

Last edited by scottycollector on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WILL33
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
WILL33

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 7:44 pm

$370 for Scotty Cameron Tour issued Putter.

It is cheaper than the standard Scotty piece.
Back to top Go down
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tiramisu

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 pm

I had been seeing and hearing about Scotty putter, all i know its an expensive putter like collector item and my son envy and drooling seeing a uni golfer he once played with used that.
I read the sharing with enjoyment, thanks for sharing Scottycollector and pocketace.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Scottycollector and Pocketace..

Well done and thank you for so kindly sharing your knowledge with all of us here.. I learn something new today and am a little bit smarter than yesterday...

Beer

Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 9:28 pm

i like the star also.. quite eye catching actually
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 9:33 pm

if its tour issued, its never new.....

some say.......tour issued putters are sold by players who do not have money to pay their caddy.....

it appears that there are more cord on the grip than it should. its also a bit kiasu to have 2 circle T stickers on the shaft...Smile

any picture of the cover?

i am not saying its fake, but i will not touch this with a 10 foot pole....

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 9:49 pm

honestly this price is too good to be true for a tour issued putter. From what I know the usual scotty tour issue normally had a circle T or the tour rat stamp. Star? never seen before. Anyway if it's real the price is not too bad.
Back to top Go down
addirk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
addirk

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 11:43 pm

Hi Dodi,

you can read info in the link below on spotting fake scotties!

http://www.ebay.com/gds/counterfeit-scotty-cameron-studio-select/10000000012712537/g.html
Back to top Go down
addirk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
addirk

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 11:50 pm

What to look for:

The face of both the counterfeit and real putter look very similar, but the shape is slightly different. Also, the "milled" face of the counterfeit is less defined (i.e. groves are not as deep) and this is because most counterfeits are formed from a mold and not CNC machine milled. (authentic on top)
Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter !!d2rDPQBHM~$(KGrHgoOKjQEjlLmQu1cBKiZYCW(TQ~~_2

The hosel on the counterfeit is rounded as oppose to the sharp, beveled hosel of the real Cameron. (authentic on left)
Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter !!d2rDPwBnM~$(KGrHgoOKjIEjlLmWpluBKiZYRoF-Q~~_2

The soles’ again look very similar, but the weights on the counterfeit are smaller and the paint-filled lettering is a bit sloppy (the paint-filling is different in color in general on the counterfeit). (authentic on left)
Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter !!d2rDQQCHM~$(KGrHgoOKiIEjlLmWN(BBKiZYky0DQ~~_2

The shaft band position of the counterfeit is positioned higher (near the fake laser-inscribed serial number). (authentic on left)
Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter !!d2rDQg!(M~$(KGrHgoOKjUEjlLmU)7+BKiZY18y9Q~~_2

The "Titleist" red-cord grip on the counterfeit had much more of the white cord exposed, giving it cheap look – Note: This make them easy to identify on eBay but some sellers have begun replacing them with aftermarket grips. (authentic on bottom)
Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter !!d2rDQw!(M~$(KGrHgoOKkMEjlLmYg(TBKiZZHvwzg~~_2

The putter-covers differ dramatically; the counterfeit is much smaller; the edges of the opening and base are rounded; the stitching is large; and the lettering was uneven. (authentic on bottom)
Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter !!d2rDRQ!(M~$(KGrHgoOKiEEjlLmf)k0BKiZZ(rV2g~~_2

The lining of the counterfeit is white and not silver/grey like the real one. (authentic on bottom)
Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter !!d2rDRg!(M~$(KGrHgoOKicEjlLmZ3G2BKiZZmNfkg~~_2

There is a 'Exclusively for Titleist' tag inside the authentic putter-cover as well.
Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter !!d2rDRwBnM~$(KGrHgoOKj4EjlLmY+TiBKiZZ9YD3g~~_2

Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 12:24 am

Gd findg, bro addrik. Wink
Actually bros here has highlighted few factors n we ve these simple calculation n comparison:
1) assuming USD1000 vs S$370 fr a Tour player issue! Shocked
2) authentication sticker with addition sticker? scratch
3) Notice the SC grip? Too much white cord exposed! Wink
4) yet to see the cover. Rolling Eyes

If, if its a counterfeit, I ll hve lost my heart fr SC! Sad
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:47 am

It just shows that counterfeits are made at the expense of genuine branded goods of high value.

There was once I was on a company holiday trip to Thailand. A colleague wanted to buy a fake Rolex watch in Thailand. I simply told him not to make himself a laughing stock since almost all the colleagues who went for the trip knew it's a fake. So don't embarrass yourself if you cannot afford the real stuff. Start saving the money for future buying.

My comments might seem hard hitting but I believe it's a fact. Before buying the question to ask is would you be proud of your purchase knowing full well the consequences of social embarrassment. Smile
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 9:21 am

Grt sound adv, bro TDO
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 10:22 am

knowing it is a fake and not knowing it is totally different story. in your friend's case, he knew the rolex is a fake. but bro dodi doesnt know if the putter is real or fake. maybe he's new to golf and doesnt know much about fake stuff.
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:48 am

@TDO + 1

@all bros here - TQ for enlightening an equipment illiterate here. Cheers!

@bro dodi - what is e final outcome?
Back to top Go down
dodi101
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dodi101

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 12:02 pm

addirk wrote:
Hi Dodi,

you can read info in the link below on spotting fake scotties!

http://www.ebay.com/gds/counterfeit-scotty-cameron-studio-select/10000000012712537/g.html

Bro Addirk,

Thank you for the link and great advise....really really good and greatly appreciated !

Thank you to all Bro contributed for all advise. Really Appreciated.

After reviewing and having second thoughts on placing the order(Which i dun think i will buy it...)

Anyway i will ask the seller to test the putter head if it attracts to metal and also for the head cover picture of external and internal view...!

Once again a Big Thank you to All !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter   Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scotty Cameron-Tour Putter
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next