Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)

Go down 
+13
timang84
jeremykoh
GolfGTI
9points
Yarra
slinger
zhikang
mengteck71
babolat
scottycollector
asahi
Technospaz
DGman
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) Empty
PostSubject: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:44 am

The Fairway wood shaft category have always been a challenging one with few performance and feel category. Essentially we have the JDM TourAd SF and Fubuki Alpha and that's it. Now with the Diamana Thump and a relook at feel and performance, MRC has plugged the gap with what looks like a winning combination in the new Thump FW.

here's how it look like....

Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) 10533565703_5c896601e9_z

resembling the first gen white board in matt silver. elegant and timeless in design....

Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) 10533344686_17a0eb18ab_z

all configurations shown here...

Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) 10533565343_7b5454189d_z

the iconic flower band.....

Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) 10533564713_8891bb193c_z

view from tip up......

Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) 10533330615_2ee1439f4b_z

the spec sheet.....

Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) 10547923085_10dfd7ffa1_z

a couple of testers sought. usual suspects need not apply.......

DGman

commercial break.....shot with

Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) 10547884943_8424d8ddc1_z

hope it has not been hard sell.....Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:45 am

I don't play FWs but I did see these bad boys yesterday and they were pretty. Almost made me want to try a FW just so that I can have this shaft gamed.

DGman's photography skills are frightening... frightening good.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:54 am

MT ....can you step forward to be a test subject.....since you paid up, you are no longer in the testing category and it will be great to test the Diamana Thump against the TourAd SF.

maybe Slinger for once......

i need one more....hopefully a strong bloke whose 3 wood is in the 230 or more category...

Jason i was actually thinking about you but we need a typhoon behind you when you tee off.....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:55 am

Who are the usual suspects ah!?

Tsk tsk.....

Anyway, tea and snacks coming in soon...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:04 am

DGman wrote:
Jason i was actually thinking about you but we need a typhoon behind you when you tee off.....
I sense that this is an insult but I'm too daft to pick up on it.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:10 am

Hiaz....I know of someone with tour ad SF 6S but 3 wood distance only 229.99m.

No chance?
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:43 am

I'm sold on the name alone. Thump is just brilliant 

230 yards or metres? Smile
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:48 am

Are these prototype shafts? 
I see "not for sales" on them....
Anyway, I have PMed you on re-shafting options
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 1:11 pm

Technospaz wrote:
DGman wrote:
 i forgot to add ....downhill......
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 1:13 pm

we usually get the first runs....which to those who know...are the best quality in production....

if it had the words Prototype, it will be worth a lot to Iskandar aka Yarra...Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 1:14 pm

DGman wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
DGman wrote:

i forgot to add ....downhill......
You forgot to add cement fairway too for that added bounce and roll.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 4:03 pm

DGman wrote:
MT ....can you step forward to be a test subject.....since you paid up, you are no longer in the testing category and it will be great to test the Diamana Thump against the TourAd SF.

i need one more....hopefully a strong bloke whose 3 wood is in the 230 or more category...

Can I bring in xHot 3W to swap the Tour AD SF 6s into Diamana Thump 55 SR/S to try?

Do not wish to disturb the Optiforce 3W on Tour AD SF 5S. pig pig pig
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 4:07 pm

boss can thump on my 3w? =P
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 9:34 pm

DGman wrote:

yahoooooooo.....

not that i am complaining abt my old WB in my 3w....

but i am definitely looking forward to try it out....

finally .... dun need to wait for u to be outstation to coop the shaft

next monday then, after im back from KL....

i had a good driving day at sentosa last sunday.... not looking at the Veylix anymore

so dun worry, i will only coop 1....
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:23 pm

DGman wrote:
we usually get the first runs....which to those who know...are the best quality in production....

if it had the words Prototype, it will be worth a lot to Iskandar aka Yarra...Smile
I just sent you a WhatsApp message when I saw this thread.  Am I that transparent or you just simply know me so well?  Hahaha!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:31 am

Prototype, NFS or not, can test/demo good enough.
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:34 am

Range review!

Had the privilege of getting the Thump 65 SR-flex installed in my Adams Speedline Fast 12 3W yesterday. Went to OCC range with bro enwee and co tonight to test this baby out and wow, awesome stuff.

First impressions are that the shaft looks amazing installed in my 3W that has a silver crown. The colour and finish on the shaft just matches so well with the head. But the real wow is when you hit it. Shaft is rather stable thru impact and it feels really easy to load and release. Compared to the stock Grafalloy Blue (65 R-flex), the Thump is even easier to launch. There's no need to try hard to launch the ball off the deck because that effort would just lead to a bad shot. The shaft encourages a smooth easy swing and when the head connects, BOOM. 

I can see this being used often on the tee box on days where my driver is not working. Just a nice easy swing and the ball just goes. Bros enwee and angeldogsleslie also got to try it out with positive reviews.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:49 am

ZK are you ready for the 65 S…..Smile
Back to top Go down
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
9points

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:47 am

Thank you DamnGoodman (DGman) for the honour to put the Diamana Thump F75 Flex-S on my fairway wood to test it out.

So, here goes a lil' review on how it's working so far at the range:
Diablo Edge Tour 13deg on Diamana Kai'li 80S vs Razr X Black 15deg on Diamana Thump F75S

Pros: Extremely stable and surprisingly smooth towards impact for a shaft that I would have thought falls into the Whiteboard line.

Cons: Once tried, there's no turning back because you can't deny that it's awesome.

The shaft would look perfect if fitted on a head with silver or greyish crown. However, it still looks great on the X Black.

It feels extremely stable and smooth through impact and not boardy at all.
Considering the 2 degrees of loft difference on the 2 fairway woods I put to test, 13 deg on Kai'li and 15 deg on Thump produced fairly similar outcomes in terms of trajectory (again, that could have came from the 2 deg loft diff). I could not really confirm the comparison in terms of distance for the two on the range. However, at a glimpse both resulted in pretty close landing zone to each other.

I've yet to really test it on the course to confirm on the comparison for actual carry distance and roll.

MORE REVIEWS TO FOLLOW on that...

P.S Please pardon me for the super novice photography skill Smile

Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)  border=Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) W1ix

Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) W40p
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:05 am

The photography skills may not be up to par but the game is definitely on par….

awaiting to hear more when you get on the course.

thank you Winson…….DGman
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 4:30 pm

Course Review (short one)

Played last Sunday at Tg Puteri B course. Wasnt playing very well so didnt really whip out the FW on the fairways (if i was even on the fw in the first place)

Driver wasnt working so whipped out the 3W with the Thump on a few Par 4s. Good stuff. One hole had a massive dogleg left. Decided to gamble and take a "ah it how much worse can it be shot" off the tee with the 3W. Head connected well and the shaft helped launch the ball high enuff to go over the trees cutting thru the dogleg and WAH FAR SIA. in the end, landed just a little short in the bunker but was left with a 60m shot to the pin. o.O never really saw this kinda ball flight with my 3w previously. shaft helped to launch it higher compared to the previous grafalloy shaft with less effort.
Back to top Go down
GolfGTI
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:24 pm

When will thump come to bfg?im looking at f65 flex sr for my 5 wood leh
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:30 pm

it will be at the end of feb or early march as BFG will be close for a major renovation on the last week of fen. if it comes in early, we will update you.

i am waiting for mine too Smile

cheers....eric
Back to top Go down
jeremykoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 7:31 am

nice stuff eric , looks like a revamp on my equipment real soon..
Back to top Go down
GolfGTI
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 7:19 pm

Hehhee can't wait to get it man!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)   Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally a new performance oriented FW from MRC Diamana (some pics)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next