Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Applicant Jokes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

Applicant Jokes Empty
PostSubject: Applicant Jokes   Applicant Jokes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:42 am

Reaching the end of a job interview, the Human Resources person asked a young applicant fresh out of Business School, "And what starting salary are you looking for?"

The applicant said, "In the neighborhood of $125,000 a year, depending on the benefits package."

The interviewer said, "Well, what would you say to a package of 5-weeks vacation, 14 paid holidays, full medical and dental, company matching retirement fund to 50% of salary, and a company car leased every two years - say, a red Corvette?"

The applicant sat up straight and said, "Wow! Are you kidding?"

And the interviewer replied, "Yeah, but you started it."

-----------------------------

In a job interview for policemen the applicants are shown a profile picture of a man, and the interviewer says, "The job that you're applying for requires powers of observation. Make one observation about this man."

The first applicant enters and says, "This man has just one ear."
"Get out!!" screams the interviewer.

The second applicant enters and says, "This man has one ear."
"Get out!!" screams the interviewer again.

Then the third applicant gets up to go in for his interview. The first two guys are out there and they tell him, "The guy that's giving the interview doesn't like to hear that the man in the picture has one ear."
"Thanks for the tip" says the third applicant.

So the third applicant enters, stares at the picture for a while and finally he says, "This man wears contact lenses."
The interviewer is impressed and says, "Excellent observation. Tell me, how could you tell?"
So the guy says, "Well, this man has just one ear, how could he wear glasses?"

-------------------------------

Several weeks after a young man had been hired, he was called into the personnel manager's office.

"What is the meaning of this?" the manager asked. "When you applied for the job, you told us you had 5 years' experience. Now we discover this is the first job you've ever had."

"Well," the young man said, "in your ad you said you wanted somebody with imagination."

---------------------------------

New Job Interview Technique one out!

Take the prospective employee and put him in a room with only a table and two chairs. Leave him alone for two hours, without any instruction. At the end of that time, go back and see what he is doing.

If he has taken the table apart, put him in Engineering.
If he is counting the butts in the ashtray, assign him to Finance.
If he is waving his arms and talking out loud, send him to Consulting.
If he is talking to the chairs, Personnel is a good spot for him.
If he is writing up the experience, send him to the Technical Documentation team.
If he doesn't even look up when you enter the room, assign him to Security.
If he tries to tell you it's not as bad as it looks, put him into Marketing.
If he is wearing green sunglasses and need a haircut, Software is his niche.
If he mentions what a good price we got for the table and chairs, send him to Purchasing.
If he mentions that hardwood furniture does not come from rainforests, Public Relations will suit him well.
If he is sleeping, he is Management material.
Back to top Go down
sniffydog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
sniffydog

Applicant Jokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Applicant Jokes   Applicant Jokes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:06 pm

the second one is brilliant...caught me there.
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

Applicant Jokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Applicant Jokes   Applicant Jokes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:02 pm

Hmm no wonder I wasn't hired... All my interviews made me wait for an hour or so...

They would ask me to fill in the forms and I did as told... but when they came back I never mention anything about the furnitures.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Applicant Jokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Applicant Jokes   Applicant Jokes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:05 pm

I wasn't hired.... Coz I lost the chairs and tables.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Applicant Jokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Applicant Jokes   Applicant Jokes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:21 pm

This reminds me on this oldie, but goodie:

An Italian, a Scotsman and a Chinese man, are hired at a Construction site. The foreman points out a huge pile of sand.

He says to the Italian guy, "You're in charge of sweeping."

To the Scotsman he says, "You're in charge of shoveling."

And to the Chinese guy, "You're in charge of supplies."

He then says, "Now, I have to leave for a little while. I expect you men to make a dent in that pile of sand."

So when the foreman returns after being away for a couple of hours the pile of sand is untouched.

He asks the Italian, "Why didn't you sweep any of it?"

The Italian replies, "I no hava no broom. You saida to the Chinesea fella that he a wasa ina charge of supplies, but he hasa disappeared and I no coulda finda him nowhere."

Then the foreman turns to the Scotsman and says "And you, I thought I told you to shovel this pile."

The Scotsman replies, "Aye, that ye did laddie, boot ah could nae get meself a shoovel. Ye left th' Chinese gadgie in chairge of supplies, boot ah couldna fin' him neither."

The foreman is really angry now. He storms off toward the pile of sand to look for the Chinese gent.

Just then, the Chinese man leaps out from behind the pile of sand and yells, "SUPPLIES!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Applicant Jokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Applicant Jokes   Applicant Jokes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Applicant Jokes
Page 1 of 1