Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

length of clubs n noob issues

Go down 
+2
willytan
akhild
6 posters
AuthorMessage
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

length of clubs n noob issues Empty
PostSubject: length of clubs n noob issues   length of clubs n noob issues I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:55 pm

Hi. I 'm a tallish (1.8m), heavy noob with a hunched stance. Fully self taught and I can hit 150 with 7 iron..the other day a pro at the range ttold me that my Japanese clubs r way too short for me. I went to far east n got my 7 iron elongated. It feels good now, but less control n less stress on my back. I'm confused..

1) can't afford a new set
2) do ppl like big fish analyze n readjust club length if needed? Or they only do new clubs?
3) will they laugh at a erratic Swing? I play ugly but can get every hole within 2 to 3 over
4) willing to invest in 1 time analysis n refitting (if needed).

Thx in advance.. Any recommendation appreciated. :-)
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: length of clubs n noob issues   length of clubs n noob issues I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 7:56 am

How much extension did u put on ur 7iron?

Other than ur own clubs, have u tried on ur frds clubs; do they feel short too?
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: length of clubs n noob issues   length of clubs n noob issues I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 8:59 am

Hi Willy. The 7 iron is extended an inch..
I have tried before somenother clubs.. same Issue. Im more accurate, but more hunched n stooping low..
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: length of clubs n noob issues   length of clubs n noob issues I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:31 am

People at Big Fish Golf won't laugh at you. No one here and there will. DGman would advice you if the shaft is the right height for you. Go and visit them Smile
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: length of clubs n noob issues   length of clubs n noob issues I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:36 am

Najibapark wrote:
People at Big Fish Golf won't laugh at you. No one here and there will. DGman would advice you if the shaft is the right height for you. Go and visit them Smile
Thanks. Will do.
Coz of the past, I'm very touchy as I had a bad experience at a shop here when I was buying clubs..

Let's not name them, but they guy was pretty condascending..

Wil page DGman.
Back to top Go down
kwannick
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
kwannick

PostSubject: Re: length of clubs n noob issues   length of clubs n noob issues I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:25 pm

akhild wrote:
Thanks. Will do.
Coz of the past, I'm very touchy as I had a bad experience at a shop here when I was buying clubs..

Let's not name them, but they guy was pretty condascending..

Wil page DGman.
A visit there will definitely be a rewarding experience. Eric was kind enough to share his very honest and frank advice when I fitted a club with him a while back. Thoroughly professional, frank and never ever talks down to anybody. You will be in good hands!

But I think he is away in Thailand now, you may want to book a date and time through his online presence. Avoid Saturdays if you can.
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: length of clubs n noob issues   length of clubs n noob issues I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:42 pm

Thanks all.

have fixed an appt with him for tomorrow! Looking fwd..

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: length of clubs n noob issues   length of clubs n noob issues I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 6:39 pm

akhild wrote:
Thanks all.

have fixed an appt with him for tomorrow! Looking fwd..

Thanks again.
Met Eric.. What a pleasure!
He coached me into hitting a couple of decent shots alrdy..

And I learnt, the problem is not in the equipment, but the head..

He let me try different clubs with diff shafts and glad that I am changing to some nice and light shafts that felt so much better!

Thx much Eric. Can see why so many folks recommend you!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: length of clubs n noob issues   length of clubs n noob issues I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:07 pm

actually its a fun session where we both try and understand the difference between a golf swing and a ball hit. everyone takes the swing thoughts differently, so its fun where mere words and a simple drill can enable a golfer swing better, starting with better posture and understanding how swing tempo can be developed.

dont forget the drills and i am sure you will enjoy your new found swing in your holiday starting this weekend.

thank you for coming by.....DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
lennylim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
lennylim

PostSubject: Re: length of clubs n noob issues   length of clubs n noob issues I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:42 pm

akhild, nice to have met u today... i was the guy slouched in the armchair behind the trackman during your session. :-)

great to see that you had fun, like you said, its not just the equipment but the golfer (which I was duly reminded also today)

in any case, enjoy the new shafts, and i'm sure you will find more opportunities to visit... which usually then results in some new equipment (as it was for me today)

PS. Eric, thanks for the time... i'll see you tmrw... i already warn chris I got new toy coming
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: length of clubs n noob issues   length of clubs n noob issues I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 11:35 pm

Hey Lenny. Nice meeting you..
Can't blv u still upgrading n needs advice. I saw ur drive n was like whoaaa.. Smile

Much to learn.. Miles to go. Thx mate..
Back to top Go down
lennylim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
lennylim

PostSubject: Re: length of clubs n noob issues   length of clubs n noob issues I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 9:45 am

akhild wrote:
Hey Lenny. Nice meeting you..
Can't blv u still upgrading n needs advice. I saw ur drive n was like whoaaa.. Smile

Much to learn.. Miles to go. Thx mate..
You need to go down to BFG more often... wait till you see some of the other people hit balls there.  i pity the canvas sheet...
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: length of clubs n noob issues   length of clubs n noob issues I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 10:51 am

Eric,

Had my first round yest. Marked improvement keeping in mind ur tips to swing and not hit and let the left lead. My caddie asked me to remove the thumn and index of the right from the shaft and that automatically makes the right weaker..

As for the putter.. man wat is that thing u lent me. Works like magic. What model is that n do u sell it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: length of clubs n noob issues   length of clubs n noob issues I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

length of clubs n noob issues
Page 1 of 1