Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Callaway x-hot ions

Go down 
+12
babolat
aze06
asahi
Technospaz
meia07656
hkhamateur
Vinny
HitSoft
Derek
jason.koh.54966
enwee
Itsuki
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

Callaway x-hot ions Empty
PostSubject: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi all

Where can we try out the new X-Hot irons?

Thanks...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 3:58 pm

Pan west of cos....
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 7:56 pm

I know these irons are cast iron made. Some cast irons can still be bent 1-2 deg to adjust for lie angle. Can this be done for X-hot irons?
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 9:56 pm

How is it comparing to TM RocketBladez iron?
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 10:40 pm

Not sure the difference because I have not tried TM Rocketbladez before... Nowadays all club manufacturers also claimed their new toys are so forgiving... Extra distance, extra accuracy, etc etc... I do believe that there is difference in the tech advancement but how far was the marketing talk stretched, we really dunno... guess as consumers we really have to do our due diligence and try the clubs ourselves before whipping out our hard-earned cash.... And of cos get properly fitted..

So anyone knows whether these x-hot irons can be adjusted for lie angle???
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 7:57 am

I looking for a new set of irons but prefer the set to come with 3 & 4I, seem to me mainly Callaway and TM still come with long iron, most others start from 5I.

I looking at Xhot, TM RocketBladez or G25..................
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:13 am

That is because the 5i on those sets are the same loft and length of a 3i on a set with traditional lofts. 

Compare lofts, lie angles and length of club, instead of the number printed at the bottom.
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:44 pm

Derek wrote:
That is because the 5i on those sets are the same loft and length of a 3i on a set with traditional lofts. 

Compare lofts, lie angles and length of club, instead of the number printed at the bottom.
Noted, thks bro.
Back to top Go down
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:05 pm

haven't had the chance to hit this yet. how's the feel compared to AP1 / X forged?
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 12:10 am

I'm just curious ~ always come across this question where a golfer will ask another golfer about their opinion on equipment feel / feedback...... Isn't that strange, because we're all "constructed" differently with different swing types and our approach to this game varies greatly ~ so how is it that one golfer can relate to another golfer's feel when feel can be quite subjective on a wide spectrum.......

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to pick up a club and test it out yourself? Considering that a club head can be matched with many shaft options these days rendering this "feel" concept to have a wide array of feedback and deployability??
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:08 pm

Vinny wrote:
I'm just curious ~ always come across this question where a golfer will ask another golfer about their opinion on equipment feel / feedback...... Isn't that strange, because we're all "constructed" differently with different swing types and our approach to this game varies greatly ~ so how is it that one golfer can relate to another golfer's feel when feel can be quite subjective on a wide spectrum.......

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to pick up a club and test it out yourself? Considering that a club head can be matched with many shaft options these days rendering this "feel" concept to have a wide array of feedback and deployability??
Exactly! Wink
I rather visit a fitter n try out different shafts, heads, grip n obtained the result myself fm the flightscope, launch monitor etc..Cool
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:26 pm

Vinny wrote:

Any feedback is better then nothing. Why is there so many review sites? Its because people can limit down which clubs they want to try.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:36 pm

I have to agree with A.

It's not an ideal situation. Obviously, we should only buy once we've tested a club and liked it but in Singapore, testing opportunities are limited. It's unlike the US (think Golfsmith Xtreme) where you can test a club thoroughly before making a decision.

So, we have to rely on the feedback of others. Sometimes, it's spot-on. Other times, it's not. It's a bit of a gamble but like A said, better some feedback than none at all.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Sometimes, can get rather expensive when your friends dun have the clubs you want to test.

Then usually end up buying and selling. 

So I guess that is where the clubfitter comes in. No?
Back to top Go down
aze06
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 12:05 am

asahi wrote:
Sometimes, can get rather expensive when your friends dun have the clubs you want to test.

Then usually end up buying and selling. 

So I guess that is where the clubfitter comes in. No?
Actually that's where marketplace comes in....cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:00 pm

Anyone tired both the x20 and xhot?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:08 pm

babolat wrote:
Anyone tired both the x20 and xhot?
U mean the irons??? Which one u looking at?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Are the X-20 irons still available? I thought the last version which was already phased out is X-22 ...
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:18 pm

I mean I am still on my x20....
Contemplating to upgrade, in the end gone for the rocketbladez Asian spec on C-taper 90.
Seen a lot of comparison between the rocketbladez and the xhot..... Don't know if it's a harsh decision for me to choose the rocketbladez without trying the xhot...Neutral
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:33 pm

babolat wrote:
I mean I am still on my x20....
Contemplating to upgrade, in the end gone for the rocketbladez Asian spec on C-taper 90.
Seen a lot of comparison between the rocketbladez and the xhot..... Don't know if it's a harsh decision for me to choose the rocketbladez without trying the xhot...Neutral
If u already change liao don't bother. What's the point anyway if xhot is better. Would u change again?
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:41 pm

Maybe....I like to experiment with clubs, especially with woods and drivers.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:44 pm

babolat wrote:
Try ok lah don't buy unless necessary. Many a times it's just impulse buy
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:46 pm

enwee wrote:
babolat wrote:
Thats why our marketplace thread is one of the hotest ones in this forum ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:49 pm

enwee wrote:
babolat wrote:
You actually quite right about it. Impulsive buy!
I got the rocketbladez becoz it's cheap...$1650 for 2 sets, for my wife and myself. As compared to xhot irons....
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:50 pm

Turbo wrote:
enwee wrote:
babolat wrote:
Thats why our marketplace thread is one of the hotest ones in this forum ... Laughing
Yeah man, I have already sold my R1 driver while trying to clock 50 posts!
Itchy to hands on the 460cc FT Optiforce..Twisted Evil

Last edited by babolat on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Callaway x-hot ions   Callaway x-hot ions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Callaway x-hot ions
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next