Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation

Go down 
+9
XD1293
benchng
nivl3k
willytan
rabbit
sebastianlim
snagy23
bryanachong
mrredscafe
13 posters
AuthorMessage
mrredscafe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  Empty
PostSubject: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 2:41 pm

Hi folks, 
Just wanna share my experience with this new facility that opened on 8th August. 

Simi Golf Simulation is an air-conditioned 2 bay simulation center run by Ben and Kenny. They boasted 20 different courses, along with a driving range (usually for warm up). Each golfer can select teeing off at different tee (Blue, White and Red). Suitable for ladies and mens playing a round together. I played a round with my friends and here's my comments:

Pros:
Very real simulation, providing distance of your shots
Offers different "training" routine compared to the usual couple hundred balls off the range mat.
Good for new golfers who have yet to venture to actual green. They can pick up understanding of other aspects of golf like course management.
Can practice short game (chipping)
Managed by very friendly people. They offered 1-2 warm up holes before we started our "game"
Nice cosy setup
On a bad day of golf, probably less frustrations since one will not suffer the elements of weather.

Cons:
Take a while to get use to the putting. Its a very different feel compared to the actual green. But since I was there to practice my swing, I requested to auto putt out after 2 attempts

Conclusion:
This is something that golfers in the west are missing for a long long time. Do drop by and have a look and share your experiences and comments!

Cheers!

Address: Bukit Batok Driving Range
Opening Hours: Every day 10am till 10pm
Pricing: Pls see photo below!
Booking:  +6565632827

All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  IMG_1463_zps00715782

All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  IMG_1471_zps9e99f8bb

All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  IMG_1483_zpse4bd2cd4

All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  IMG_1480_zpsca24ef39

All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  IMG_1486_zpsba23907b

All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  IMG-20130810-WA0000_zps40a2d172

Last edited by mrredscafe on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bryanachong

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 2:53 pm

Thanks for the information , any booking available? Very keen to try it out!
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 2:59 pm

All may not agree, but with the price i would rather go to NSRCC par 3 to practice.
Just my take. no offence
Back to top Go down
mrredscafe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 3:24 pm

Bryan, I added their phone number to the post. Have Fun! Cheers!

Snagy, no worries. I am just sharing my experiences. Also, I did weigh the time and effort to travel all the way to the other side of the island... Anyway, each will have their views and perspectives.
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 5:19 pm

Do they provide clubs? Interested to try if happen to be there
Back to top Go down
rabbit
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
rabbit

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 9:07 pm

Looks good esp rainy season.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 9:16 am

Will love to give it a try with the promo now but it will be cheaper n nearer for me to feel the green at NSRCC par3.
Back to top Go down
nivl3k
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:10 am

mrredscafe wrote:
Bryan, I added their phone number to the post. Have Fun! Cheers!

Snagy, no worries. I am just sharing my experiences. Also, I did weigh the time and effort to travel all the way to the other side of the island... Anyway, each will have their views and perspectives.
Cheers!
 Hi Bro, is advance booking required? keen to try it out Smile
Back to top Go down
mrredscafe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 11:40 am

Hi Sebastian, just checked with them. They do provide clubs but you are encouraged to bring yr own. Enjoy!! Cheers!
Back to top Go down
benchng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:01 pm

mrredscafe wrote:
Hi Sebastian,  just checked with them. They do provide clubs but you are encouraged to bring yr own. Enjoy!! Cheers!
 Hi bro!

Thanks for the write up and hope to see you again Razz
Back to top Go down
benchng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:08 pm

As this is a totally new golf simulator centre (soft launch on 8/8), you should not have any problem getting a slot. Nevertheless, if the simulators are occupied, you can easily practise abit at the range and warm-up while waiting for your turn.
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:25 pm

sounds great!Wink
Back to top Go down
XD1293
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:28 am

thanks for the info.....
Back to top Go down
tjy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:41 am

Looks interesting !! shall try it out some day !
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:20 am

wow! very cool, looks a lot like the "screen golf" that is so popular over in Korea.  We played on an indoor simulator in hong kong too, looks like the same concept!! great way to practice your game indoors Smile wish we had one of these in vancouver too!

looks like there is even higher grass on the mats for rough simulation? haha! Very Happy

City Links is the one we went to in HK: http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/city-links-golf-lounge/
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
valibel
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
valibel

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:41 am

Nice information, hopefully they will setup more Golf Simulation center in the future. just like in Korea and Japan.
Back to top Go down
KCL
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
KCL

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:54 am

Tried it the night before official opening. Interesting when you see the ball bounce off the screen and see image of ball still flying. Get some getting use to.
Back to top Go down
benchng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:01 pm

18underPar wrote:
wow! very cool, looks a lot like the "screen golf" that is so popular over in Korea.  We played on an indoor simulator in hong kong too, looks like the same concept!! great way to practice your game indoors Smile wish we had one of these in vancouver too!

looks like there is even higher grass on the mats for rough simulation? haha! Very Happy

City Links is the one we went to in HK:

Hi 18UnderPar,

Was surprise that there are no golf simulator in Vancouver.. so what happen during winter? No golf? Crying or Very sad

Yes, the higher grass simulate rough. Guess what the white patch simulate? haha..

HK's City Links uses Full-Swing Golf Simulators, whereas SimiGolf's simulators are from HD Golf. Differences is in the way balls and shoots are tracked, as well as the scene. HD Golf uses high-speed cameras and motion detector, tracking the balls the moment it is hit, giving an accurate projection of the ball's flight.

Another reason is the spectacular photo-realistic scene, capturing the true beauty of some of the world’s most renowned courses including: Pebble Beach®️, Pinehurst®️, Kiawah Island®️, Spyglass®️, Doral®️, Harbourtown®️, Troon North®️, Bethpage Black®️, Banff Springs®️ and many others.

PS: I just played Torrey Pines today Smile. Lots of Par 4 which are more than 400m. Can't reach green even with my 5 wood 😢for my 2nd shot.
Back to top Go down
benchng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:05 pm

18underPar wrote:

Hi 18UnderPar,

Was surprise that there are no golf simulator in Vancouver.. so what happen during winter? No golf? Crying or Very sad

Yes, the higher grass simulate rough. Guess what the white patch simulate? haha..

HK's City Links uses Full-Swing Golf Simulators, whereas SimiGolf's simulators are from HD Golf. Differences is in the way balls and shoots are tracked, as well as the scene. HD Golf uses high-speed cameras and motion detector, tracking the balls the moment it is hit, giving an accurate projection of the ball's flight.

Another reason is the spectacular photo-realistic scene, capturing the true beauty of some of the world’s most renowned courses including: Pebble Beach®️, Pinehurst®️, Kiawah Island®️, Spyglass®️, Doral®️, Harbourtown®️, Troon North®️, Bethpage Black®️, Banff Springs®️ and many others.

PS: I just played Torrey Pines today Smile. Lots of Par 4 which are more than 400m. Can't reach green even with my 5 wood 😢for my 2nd shot.
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:44 pm

benchng wrote:
18underPar wrote:

Hi 18UnderPar,

Thanks for clearing up the differences! Would love to play those great courses once on a simulator before attempting to play them in real life, haha! especially bethpage black - it's just been announced that bethpage will get the 2019 PGA Championship and 2024 Ryder Cup!!

I believe there are screen simulators in vancouver, but mostly for equipment testing/swing analysis/practice/lessons etc., no real place to go and play indoors on those courses like you guys!!  we do get to go to driving range, but usually in the winter, the clubs go into storage and the snowboards/skis come out Very Happy haha!
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation    All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All weather golfing in the west: Simi Golf Simulation
Page 1 of 1