Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf coaches in the west

Go down 
+12
hiryu
mrredscafe
mariateo
Itsuki
AlvinNgSiHao
samleecy
Derek
shorthitter
toonified
vinjess
lionwoods
icta
16 posters
AuthorMessage
icta
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf coaches in the west Empty
PostSubject: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi
Does anyone have any recommendation of a good coach to teach intermediate students, playing around 90 plus.
I notice some coaches despite what their brochures say, only have a fixed set of instruction methods.

Anyone tried the heartland school at JCC. Anyone particular to recommend there?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
lionwoods
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 5:02 pm

You can try Brad, he is very good for intermediate and advance player
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 5:03 pm

I always wanna play 90plus oso hard to get Sad
Back to top Go down
toonified
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 5:13 pm

Mark Bates at heartland is very good for beginners
Back to top Go down
icta
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 5:29 pm

Brad is a left hander? Or is it Mark?
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:00 pm

Gary Kwek at The Fairway Club.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 9:42 pm

icta wrote:
Hi
Does anyone have any recommendation of a good coach to teach intermediate students, playing around 90 plus.
I notice some coaches despite what their brochures say, only have a fixed set of instruction methods.

Anyone tried the heartland school at JCC. Anyone particular to recommend there?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, i started with Brad at HGS slightly less than 5 years ago.  He really helped my game. For a guy with limited talent like myself, i am very happy with the progress i made so far.

Recently, i went back for a lesson after laying off lessons for 2 years, can read abt it here

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t26254-why-you-should-see-a-golf-professional

Coach aside, i like the practicd facilities available at JCC

Sorryfor abrupt post, on samsung tablet cant see what i am typing
Back to top Go down
samleecy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 10:04 pm

Hi Icta,

You could try the coaches at Warren Country Club. The packages they provide are reasonably priced with quality coaches. Trent Turner is a Australian PGA AAA Accredited Coach and Samuri is a very experienced coach.

Do have a look at http://www.golfcentral.asia/beginner-golf-lessons-singapore/

Cheers,
Sam Lee
Back to top Go down
icta
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 1:15 am

Thanks all bros for your recommendation. Will check it out!
Back to top Go down
AlvinNgSiHao
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 7:12 am

Had a look at Golf Central website. It seems like Trent Turner looks very interesting. Australian PGA AAA leh at only $280 for group of 4. haha

Furthermore, their rates seem to be about $50 lower than the rates found on Muru website.
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 9:19 pm

Hi Alvin

The rates on the Golf Central may not be updated. Best to call Muru Golf Academy directly to check. All fees are payable direct to Muru, not to the coaches.
Back to top Go down
mariateo
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mariateo

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 1:10 pm

Gary Kwek at Fairway (jurong) he is very patient and really tunes the swing accordingly....
Back to top Go down
mrredscafe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 5:32 pm

Hi,

If you are keen, check out the lady korean pro at Bukit Batok driving range. A friend of mine is taking advanced lessons from her and seems to be working out well.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
AlvinNgSiHao
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 7:31 am

Thanks guys.

I guess I am going for Muru Golf Academy with Golf Central. I understand that they have a special tie-up directly with Muru Golf Academy which provides students with a special rate. So my group of 4 is at $280 compared to their website.

They even gave me an official receipt under the name of Sports Central Pte Ltd.
Back to top Go down
lionwoods
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 9:13 am

AlvinNgSiHao wrote:
Thanks guys.

I guess I am going for Muru Golf Academy with Golf Central. I understand that they have a special tie-up directly with Muru Golf Academy which provides students with a special rate. So my group of 4 is at $280 compared to their website.

I am still having lessons with my Coach in JCC, this is my third coach. The lesson learnt for me is "DON'T LOOK FOR CHEAP LESSON. LOOK FOR THE RIGHT COACH". NEVER expect you can learn all the technique  within 10 lessones.
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 9:18 am

I've posted before on this and in my opinion, a max of 2 person is best. 
Any more and the time given to you becomes minuscule.
I have had 3 coaches so far. First 2 were big group like yours and I screwed up my basics.
Now onto my latest coach at Laguna, he's the best and I'll continue to see him regularly.
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 10:45 am

hiryu wrote:
I've posted before on this and in my opinion, a max of 2 person is best. 
Any more and the time given to you becomes minuscule.
I have had 3 coaches so far. First 2 were big group like yours and I screwed up my basics.
Now onto my latest coach at Laguna, he's the best and I'll continue to see him regularly.
Completely agree. 

1 to 1 is costly. But 1 to 2 is a good balance between learning results and wallet.
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 11:02 am

I did the sums for solo and group.
Example 10 sessions of 1 hour each.

SINGAPORE PGA PROFESSIONAL RATES

Individual            $760---10 hours
Group of 2          $490 Per Pax---5 hours or 980 for 10 hours
Group of 3          $390 Per Pax---200 mins( 3 hours) or 1170 for 9 hours

From the above it's clear individual coaching is better in terms of time/money ratio.

Of course, some people might prefer to pay less as they are not sure if they will see it through or want to learn with their partner etc. But having too many people defeats the purpose of learning. My old coaches spent 15mins with me and then moves on the others. I'm left with 45mins to myself and look how my swing turn out lol. *hint terrible beyond words.
Back to top Go down
icta
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 11:17 am

Ya...in my opinion, 1 to 1 is ideal....1 to 2 is max.
Back to top Go down
icta
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 9:13 am

Signed up with Brad at JCC. Looking forward to a fruitful relationship.
Back to top Go down
Bradford123
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:13 pm

I am also looking for good golf tutor in singapore.I heard a lot about bradfordprogolf,can you suggest me another or it is the best...
Back to top Go down
http://www.bradfordprogolf.com/
icta
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 8:03 pm

Bradford123 wrote:
I am also looking for good golf tutor in singapore.I heard a lot about bradfordprogolf,can you suggest me another or it is the best...
I don't think its possible to comment on which coach is the 'best'.
Different strokes work for different folks.

For me personally, I've had 4 coaches over a period of 12 years. All of them has its pros and cons for me. Some coaches works well for beginner. They are more patient, spent a lot of time on fundamentals, drills etc.

Some works better for intermediate players, e.g. their techniques expect you to have at least a decent understanding of theories.

Of course, its based only on my own experience only and I am sure most coaches you speak to will say they cater for both beginners and advance players Smile. Nothing wrong

My suggestion is: be very clear what you want, your expectation and your level of commitment.

Draw out a list:
1. Top 3 problem area you like to address.

2. How often can you practice?

3. You want tweaking or a fundamental revamp? Are you prepared to spend time (and money) if the latter.

4. Your objectives? E.g. to break 100, 90 or just simply to be able to enjoy the game without going on jungle safari all the time (hunting for balls).

5. Does location of the coach matter? Be realistic. No point if you stay in the west and the coach is in the east.

6. And finally, narrow down a few coaches, talk to them and tell them the item in your list. Hear their comment. End of the day, you must feel comfortable with him.

For me so far, Brad from HGS works very well for me.
Back to top Go down
punkrockpga
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 2:46 pm

Bradford123 wrote:

Hey everybody there is something sketchy going on with this post.

It's got my name as a user (bradford) and it's contact info links to my website and social media stuff and the message is shady and looks a lot like spam. 

It's got nothing to do with me and I'm wondering if GR police can check it out. 

I'm thinking that it might somehow be connected to the company who does all of the SEO work for my website but I haven't had the chance to talk to them yet.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.bradfordprogolf.com
fmfa
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 7:20 pm

lionwoods wrote:
AlvinNgSiHao wrote:
Thanks guys.

I am still having lessons with my Coach in JCC, this is my third coach. The lesson learnt for me is "DON'T LOOK FOR CHEAP LESSON. LOOK FOR THE RIGHT COACH". NEVER expect you can learn all the technique  within 10 lessones.

Hi lionwoods. So have u found the correct coach?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf coaches in the west   Golf coaches in the west I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf coaches in the west
Page 1 of 1