Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?

Go down 
+5
Turbo
outlander
ljlow
MadScientist
alive689
9 posters
AuthorMessage
alive689
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner? Empty
PostSubject: Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?   Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:02 am

Hi, I'm deciding between a mizuno elif set or a taylormade burner 3.0 set for ladies beginner. Anyone has any advice or opinion to share? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
MadScientist
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?   Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:22 am

alive689 wrote:
Hi, I'm deciding between a mizuno elif set or a taylormade burner 3.0 set for ladies beginner. Anyone has any advice or opinion to share? Thanks!

I was told that if you are 165cm and below, mizuno is no probs.
Else TM may be better
Back to top Go down
ljlow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?   Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:55 am

happened to demo 8-iron for my wife yesterday... 
she like Efil better as its lighter comparing to TM...
dun need to use too much strength...

btw, she's juz 3 lessons into the game... above is juz her personal feel...

some stats... TM 8-iron is 5.5g heavier but swing weight is 7 point more! B8 vs C5
Back to top Go down
alive689
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?   Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:02 am

ljlow wrote:
happened to demo 8-iron for my wife yesterday... 
she like Efil better as its lighter comparing to TM...
dun need to use too much strength...

btw, she's juz 3 lessons into the game... above is juz her personal feel...

some stats... TM 8-iron is 5.5g heavier but swing weight is 7 point more! B8 vs C5

So you are saying a TM Asian spec version is still heavier than the mizuno? 

I understand the 5.5g heavier part but can you elaborate on the 7 point difference thing? Sorry still learning haha.
Back to top Go down
ljlow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?   Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:36 am

i'm not sure if that's a Asian version...

some read up on Swingweight...
http://golf.about.com/cs/componentscustom/a/swingweight.htm

it makes you feel that club head is heavier due to weight distribution...
Back to top Go down
outlander
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
outlander

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?   Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:39 am

I bought a Mizuno Efil set for my wife and she loves it.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?   Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:40 am

GD selling full ladies' set ... I have seen it at Kaki Bukit outlet but I can't remember the brand ... Prolly either Lynx, Giga or Slazenger ...

I believe Maruman is very suitable for ladies ...
Back to top Go down
gino
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?   Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:44 am

Efil is my recommendation. Usually the ladies prefer a lighter weight for a start. Wife also prefers Mizuno.
Back to top Go down
alive689
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?   Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:50 am

Turbo wrote:
GD selling full ladies' set ... I have seen it at Kaki Bukit outlet but I can't remember the brand ... Prolly either Lynx, Giga or Slazenger ...

I was at the kaki bukit outlet during the weekends and they were only selling the Cobra Sapphire and Lynx ladies set. The Lynx set was heavy.

Thank you all for the recommendations so far! The Mizunos looks like it's more suited for beginners.

Anyone has any idea of a new Efil 2013 set? Was at FESS and they were saying the new sets will be in soon.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?   Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:53 am

alive689 wrote:
Turbo wrote:

I was at the kaki bukit outlet during the weekends and they were only selling the Cobra Sapphire and Lynx ladies set. The Lynx set was heavy.

Thank you all for the recommendations so far! The Mizunos looks like it's more suited for beginners.

Anyone has any idea of a new Efil 2013 set? Was at FESS and they were saying the new sets will be in soon.
Dun forget to consider the Marumen which is slightly cheaper than Mizuno ... I strongly believe it is very suitable for ladies ...
Back to top Go down
outlander
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
outlander

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?   Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:59 am

Isetan Scotts golf sale is now selling the Efil complete set with free golf bag at $950. Not a bad deal.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?   Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:38 am

generally speaking, the jap models are more suitable for asian women. as mentioned by others here, the mizuno is lighter, softer in flex, and perhaps also shorter in length.

the american / european models are made for caucasians, who are generally much taller and stronger than asian women

i think the efil is a good choice. my wife uses them
Back to top Go down
dyeosh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?   Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:42 am

My wife is also using the efil as it is lighter. Easy to use, although price is not too "easy"...... But guess it is a good investment .
Back to top Go down
ljlow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?   Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:54 pm

as mentioned here, Maruman seems offering nice set for ladies... any recommendation of specific models?
Back to top Go down
kinglc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?   Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 4:17 pm

Maruman Figaro ladies set.  

Its a tad stiff than mizuno efil.

My gf uses efil too. I've trier it as well. Very forgiving and nice to play with.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alive689
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?   Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:31 am

Thanks all for the recommendations. Will probably look out for some cheap deals on the mizuno efil set. From what I know, the cheapest now is at Isetan selling at $950.
Back to top Go down
dyeosh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?   Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:36 am

alive689 wrote:
Thanks all for the recommendations. Will probably look out for some cheap deals on the mizuno efil set. From what I know, the cheapest now is at Isetan selling at $950.

Try to ask at occ range, they may have better deal.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?   Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mizuno or Taylormade for Ladies Beginner?
Page 1 of 1