Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The importance of choosing the right club and making the right decision

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
9points

The importance of choosing the right club and making the right decision Empty
PostSubject: The importance of choosing the right club and making the right decision   The importance of choosing the right club and making the right decision I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi All,

I would like to share this article, which I thought was very well written by the author and easy to understand. It contains simple strategies and information and yet could do wonders for many of us (yes, including me Smile) in eliminating the big numbers and shaving off a few shots from unforced errors every round.

There are some of the factors, which are often overlooked by many golfers out there for not playing to their strengths of the day and paying attention to the little details.

I hope some of you find this useful and could put it into play and manage your game out there a little bit better.

http://www.pgatour.com/instruction/instruction-choose-the-right-club.html

P.S I personally find this article to be more applicable for golfers with mid handicap and below, who are able to demonstrate more consistency in their ball striking. Well, no harm sharing with all Smile
Back to top Go down
EastCoastHack
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
EastCoastHack

The importance of choosing the right club and making the right decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: The importance of choosing the right club and making the right decision   The importance of choosing the right club and making the right decision I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:38 pm

I use images from the app mentioned in the article for my lazy man's yardage book. Here is Hole #3 @ MBGC from the white tees. Distances in yards.

The importance of choosing the right club and making the right decision Img_0110

If I wanted to be really conservative I could use my 3H off the tee to be short of the L Bunkers in case I hook it a bit, but then my second shot is longer than I'm comfortable with for an approach shot.

It is a great app for planning your game ahead of time, particularly on courses you have not played before.

But I'm a high handicapper so YMMV Smile.
Back to top Go down

The importance of choosing the right club and making the right decision
Page 1 of 1