Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf in Primary School

Go down 
+13
Peterinjb
coe16arg
Ngn52
vinujune3
sim.t.lim
dexter06
Flash
poresia
Jliang
Artloh
hillgreen
MLP
zhikang
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Peterinjb
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf in Primary School - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Primary School   Golf in Primary School - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 6:17 pm

Well, too early to say what will happen in the future, we can only plan right? For now, it's just fun to hit balls and bond with Daddy at the driving range.

That's why I was thinking, if the school only offers basic lessons and my daughter has already progressed to advance lesson outside. It's possible that she may find it boring... in that case it might be better if she continue classes outside with some golf academy or personal coach.

Money is an issue but which daddy can say no to their daughter if she is really keen and doing well, just have to cut other expenses to make it work. (No more new clubs for daddy!)

You know how hard it is to get into a good school. Us normal guys have no affiliation, no priority and not able to be PV. Maybe if she is good enough at competitive golf, it might be able to get her transferred into one later on.... possible?
Back to top Go down
Artloh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Primary School   Golf in Primary School - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:31 pm

I took that route too. Go to a school that I can get in and transfer her out after 3 yrs to a school of my choice. She's now in one of the top schools (but no golf CCA). She brings back a medal every yr for the school in the nationals. 

Don't worry if yr kid is good in any sports. Schools will come knocking. Especially if she keeps winning (top 3). 

Most of the top Jrs golfers in their divisions are not from Sports School. So it's up to the parents, not the school.
Back to top Go down
Peterinjb
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Primary School   Golf in Primary School - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 3:25 pm

Thanks for advise Artloh.

Can you recommend which academy you send your kids, location, their instructor and package fees?

I currently send my daughter to Star Golf at MBGC. Should be finishing basic lessons by October. I am thinking of sending her to NSRCC for the Phil Brew Golf next year when she turn 6. Am also open to other options.

Other forummers with positive experiences are welcome to share please!
Back to top Go down
Artloh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Primary School   Golf in Primary School - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:44 pm

I don't want to openly promote any academy or coaches. There are many good coaches, but kids learn differently and unfortunately, not many coaches understand that. 

I'm more than willing to share my experience with those that want to know more over a cup of coffee. 

Feel free to contact me to arrange.
Back to top Go down
KY787
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Primary School   Golf in Primary School - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 4:15 pm

Artloh wrote:
I don't want to openly promote any academy or coaches. There are many good coaches, but kids learn differently and unfortunately, not many coaches understand that. 

I'm more than willing to share my experience with those that want to know more over a cup of coffee. 

Feel free to contact me to arrange.
Hi Artloh, may i know what is your contact? I like to hear from you, thanks and cheers!

Keith
Back to top Go down
Artloh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Primary School   Golf in Primary School - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi Keith & others who share similar interest in jr golf,

Im contactable at 92728955. Cheers. Arthur.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Primary School   Golf in Primary School - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf in Primary School
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2