Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Recommended Courses in Syndey?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ahhhling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Any Recommended Courses in Syndey? Empty
PostSubject: Any Recommended Courses in Syndey?   Any Recommended Courses in Syndey? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 7:54 pm

I'm going to Sydney at the end of the month for a family holiday. Was thinking of catching a game there as well. Does anyone have any recommended courses that I will be able to play in? Hopefully, it can be near my hotel as well. I'm staying at Holiday Inn Darling Harbour.

Tx in advance!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ahhhling
Red8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommended Courses in Syndey?   Any Recommended Courses in Syndey? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 9:45 pm

There's always the moore park public course (dont expect it to be anything like MBGC - shitty greens and all) that's abt 10mins away from the city (just off Oxford street).. Or if you're looking to drive out and play a championship course, try cypress lakes golf and country resort, $75 for 18holes on a weekday. It's SO beautiful!! You wldnt wanna leave after. But heads up for you, range balls are very ex, if I rem correctly it's $17.50 for 125balls. (:

P.s. if you need new titleist equipment, certain things can be bought off the shelve at a cheaper price as compared to SG, where custom ordering takes 5-6 weeks. And it's relatively cheaper too. Bought my 913 A flex driver there for under SGD$500. Great buy considering SG best rate only $620.
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommended Courses in Syndey?   Any Recommended Courses in Syndey? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:21 pm

Moore Park is not bad, close to the city centre too.  Their rental clubs aren't great but are designed based on a certain big brand of Bertha.  Razz 

When the wind picks up on that course you will have a good time hitting 3 irons off the tee, off the fairway, under the trees...
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Rafj

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommended Courses in Syndey?   Any Recommended Courses in Syndey? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:24 pm

Red8 wrote:
There's always the moore park public course (dont expect it to be anything like MBGC - shitty greens and all) that's abt 10mins away from the city (just off Oxford street).. Or if you're looking to drive out and play a championship course, try cypress lakes golf and country resort, $75 for 18holes on a weekday. It's SO beautiful!! You wldnt wanna leave after. But heads up for you, range balls are very ex, if I rem correctly it's $17.50 for 125balls. (:

P.s. if you need new titleist equipment, certain things can be bought off the shelve at a cheaper price as compared to SG, where custom ordering takes 5-6 weeks. And it's relatively cheaper too. Bought my 913 A flex driver there for under SGD$500. Great buy considering SG best rate only $620.

Cypress Lakes is a gorgeous course in Hunter valley with it's lightning fast Bentgrass greens. 

IMHO, The most beautiful course in Sydney and Surrounds will have to be the New South Wales Golf Club. it's a bit pricey but it's well worth every penny. You can write to them here at : http://www.nswgolfclub.com.au/guests/golf/visitors.mhtml to enquire about availability of slot to play. 

Cheers
Back to top Go down
ahhhling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommended Courses in Syndey?   Any Recommended Courses in Syndey? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:28 pm

Red8 wrote:

Tx Red8. Any idea how far is the drive? With regards to buying the titleist equipment, is there any special shop or just go to a pro shop there?
Back to top Go down
ahhhling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommended Courses in Syndey?   Any Recommended Courses in Syndey? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:29 pm

entity wrote:
Moore Park is not bad, close to the city centre too.  Their rental clubs aren't great but are designed based on a certain big brand of Bertha.  Razz 

When the wind picks up on that course you will have a good time hitting 3 irons off the tee, off the fairway, under the trees...

Tx entity. Can I assume the course condition is perhaps like Palm Villa IOI?
Back to top Go down
ahhhling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommended Courses in Syndey?   Any Recommended Courses in Syndey? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Rafj wrote:
Quote :

Cypress Lakes is a gorgeous course in Hunter valley with it's lightning fast Bentgrass greens. 

IMHO, The most beautiful course in Sydney and Surrounds will have to be the New South Wales Golf Club. it's a bit pricey but it's well worth every penny. You can write to them here at : http://www.nswgolfclub.com.au/guests/golf/visitors.mhtml to enquire about availability of slot to play. 

Cheers

Tx Rafj. Is either Cypress Lakes or New South Wales golf club near where I am staying or is the journey quite a distance away?
Back to top Go down
ahhhling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommended Courses in Syndey?   Any Recommended Courses in Syndey? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:32 pm

One of the courses that I was considering was The Coast Golf and Recreation Club. Anyone have any reviews of them? The course looks quite good and it is cheap. Only downside is that it is pretty far away from my hotel.
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Rafj

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommended Courses in Syndey?   Any Recommended Courses in Syndey? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:44 pm

ahhhling wrote:
Rafj wrote:
Quote :

Cheers

Tx Rafj. Is either Cypress Lakes or New South Wales golf club near where I am staying or is the journey quite a distance away?
Cypress Lakes is in Hunter Valley, which is about 1.5 hr's journey by car, if my memory serves me correct.
Moore park & NSW Golf Club are within 20-30mins drive away from Darling Harbour...
Another lovely option would be The Lakes Golf & Country Club which is about 15-20mins drive away....

:-)
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Rafj

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommended Courses in Syndey?   Any Recommended Courses in Syndey? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:51 pm

ahhhling wrote:
One of the courses that I was considering was The Coast Golf and Recreation Club. Anyone have any reviews of them? The course looks quite good and it is cheap. Only downside is that it is pretty far away from my hotel.

The Coast Golf and Recreation Club is near to the NSW Golf Club.

There's also EastLake Golf Club, which is a cheap public facility. Course not bad, with some interesting holes that will be fun when the wind blows...... :-)

AND, most of the course condition, even if it's the cheaper public courses, will beat MBGC's condition hands down.....

Enjoy.

:-)
Back to top Go down
ahhhling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommended Courses in Syndey?   Any Recommended Courses in Syndey? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 6:16 pm

Guys, tx for all the info. I've decide to play at The Coast.

Another question that I have. Are there any pro shops or second hand golf shops in Sydney city area that sells good stuff that I can go take a look?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommended Courses in Syndey?   Any Recommended Courses in Syndey? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Recommended Courses in Syndey?
Page 1 of 1