Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which 3 wood is easier to launch?

Go down 
+27
hkhamateur
mengteck71
jason.koh.54966
tronos
pushslice
sob
chien
Turbo
slinger
Najibapark
abadan
Roystonnn
golfer1975
blee67
B8383B
renode
Vinny
beehome
divotee
Technospaz
bogeyman72
sagiteric
jeffman88
eiji
darren.loo
gino
danielleecm
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

Which 3 wood is easier to launch? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which 3 wood is easier to launch?   Which 3 wood is easier to launch? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 10:42 pm

Had issues with hitting my 5W in the beginning. After getting my swing fixed plus constant reminding myself not to overkill my swing and hit down slightly instead of sweeping , I managed to hit it pretty consistent with good dist. Btw, I m using TM RBZ, shiok to hit once u get it right .
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Which 3 wood is easier to launch?   Which 3 wood is easier to launch? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 8:56 am

I am using Yonex eZone 3W. quite easy to hit off the deck. Was tempted to try xHot after so many good reviews.. but since Yonex serving me well, decided not to change....
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Which 3 wood is easier to launch?   Which 3 wood is easier to launch? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:48 am

Turbo wrote:
To me, whether the FW metal is a deep face or shallow face, it is the same ... I believe those who duff the FW metal is because they wanna kill the ball hard. Do not think hit hard, instead, think smooth rhythm, maintain your spine angle thru out the swing, grip light, arms must be relaxed thru out and remember to do a full shoulder turn ... To me, FW metal is a lot easier to hit than 2i or 3i ... Cheerz! cheers

Personally agreed w Turbo. :-)
If I m desperate to get to it on, end up disaster!
My best FW goes to TM Superfast! Was in my bag fr quite a long while.. :-D
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Which 3 wood is easier to launch?   Which 3 wood is easier to launch? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:45 am

like many have said, the shallower faced woods tend to be easier to hit off the deck, as compared to the deeper faced ones. this of course assumes that u hit ur woods with more of a sweeping action, rather than trying to hit down on the ball.

as far as shallow-faced woods go, i find that the 'best' in terms of performance & price, goes to Cobra baffler. I would suggest u try the Cobra baffler first to see if the shallow face works for u. if it does, then maybe u can consider the more ex japanese brands, which usually come with shallow faces too.

Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
danielleecm

PostSubject: Re: Which 3 wood is easier to launch?   Which 3 wood is easier to launch? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 1:59 pm

thanks guy for the feedback and comments, it helps me a lot.
Back to top Go down
outlander
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
outlander

PostSubject: Re: Which 3 wood is easier to launch?   Which 3 wood is easier to launch? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 2:06 pm

Never did realise there are shallow and deep faced FWs. No wonder some FWs seem flatter and flush with the grass at address.

On the flip side, shallow face means the face is smaller too right? So harder to connect at the sweet spot?
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Which 3 wood is easier to launch?   Which 3 wood is easier to launch? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 2:18 pm

not necessarily. shallow faced woods also usually have 'longer' faces. therefore if you tend to miss towards the toe or heel of the club, shallow faced woods are more forgiving
Back to top Go down
gino
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which 3 wood is easier to launch?   Which 3 wood is easier to launch? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 2:35 pm

I find shallow face 3w harder to launch off the tee and it's just me. Between the 2, I will still pick the shallow face 3w over the deep faced one and use the same tempo on the tee as I would have off the deck.
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Which 3 wood is easier to launch?   Which 3 wood is easier to launch? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 5:08 pm

Shallow face club head + low kickpoint shaft.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Which 3 wood is easier to launch?   Which 3 wood is easier to launch? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 5:10 pm

just go to the den and tell Boss "I want a easy to launch 3W' and he will do the rest. No need to know what face what kick point
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Which 3 wood is easier to launch?   Which 3 wood is easier to launch? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Something that says 18deg on the club head
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which 3 wood is easier to launch?   Which 3 wood is easier to launch? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which 3 wood is easier to launch?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2