Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)

Go down 
+21
beehome
mrkatsucurry
slinger
hillgreen
audi
blee67
Daztasiumz
paul@golf
Derek
chien
BestofTheBest
WY
valibel
poresia
sob
billi
Technospaz
Vinny
kamen
Turbo
hkhamateur
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) Empty
PostSubject: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:03 pm

We re lucky over the weekends..
Gone w the wind fr us temporary n it headed up to Malaysia...
Record breakg fr them at 750psi!! OMG!! @-@
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:42 pm

OMG!!!! Shocked Better not travel up north this month ...
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:21 am

Lucky is really an understatement. Saw the satellite photos showing the death cloud just missing Singapore but  totally engulfing half of the Malaysian peninsula northward from Johor.  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:37 am

Interesting twist, wonder how will our Indon neighbour deal with another cry baby
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 6:36 am

The government has already said that this may just be a temporary reprieve. The winds are now in our favour but it may not last for long. Best not to get overly optimistic but remain cautious instead.

Anyway, my prayers go out to whoever is affected by the haze and right now, it's my family and friends in Malaysia.
Back to top Go down
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:31 am

Enjoy while it last .cheer
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:29 am

Just when we thought that it would be safe to go north for golfing.
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:28 am

wind driection as of 10am, 24 june 2013

[img]Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) Wind_c11[/img]
Back to top Go down
valibel
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
valibel

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:55 am

shiok. time to exercise liao .SwingSwingSwing
Back to top Go down
WY
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:59 am

poresia wrote:
wind driection as of 10am, 24 june 2013

[img]Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) Wind_c11[/img]

Hello, Which web site did you get the info from? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
BestofTheBest
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BestofTheBest

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:05 am

lets golf!!!!
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:10 am

BestofTheBest wrote:
lets golf!!!!

let's go bro. . When can I play with you?
Back to top Go down
BestofTheBest
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BestofTheBest

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:11 am

chien wrote:
BestofTheBest wrote:
lets golf!!!!

let's go bro. . When can I play with you?

Its has been a while indeed!
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:48 am

dammit!!! It is coming my way ... perhaps a trip to Singapore is in order ...
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:06 pm

Bro D, can run but can't hide.....

The STI is more predictable than the PSI, but somehow haze conditions have always been a lot worse up north through the years....... wonder why??

Suspect What a Face
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi, can check out this latest NEA website too;

www.haze.gov.sg
Back to top Go down
WY
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:42 pm

paul@golf wrote:
Hi, can check out this latest NEA website too;

www.haze.gov.sg

Thanks. Just bookmark this on my phone.
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:37 pm

Vinny wrote:
Interesting twist, wonder how will our Indon neighbour deal with another cry baby

vinny i think history proven that at least they walk the talk.. rather than cry abt it

rem 97?
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:02 pm

but our neighbours gahmen didnt make as much noise as ours so it will made us seemed more cry baby than them.
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Daztasiumz wrote:
Vinny wrote:

vinny i think history proven that at least they walk the talk.. rather than cry abt it

rem 97?

Yup, unfortunately it took 2 disasters (both aerial & naval) to put things on track..... Had evasive action been deployed earlier, unnecessary life sacrifices could have been averted ~ best part is, the haze condition was a lot less detrimental back than. Well, it's only when such calamity occur then will we sit up and listen......
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:19 pm

Bro Poresia,

Firstly, pollution index / living conditions in our neighbouring countries is often much higher than ours in SG, thus both people and gahmen are more resistant & tolerant towards haze or other environment impurities. However with the haze rising to such new heights, it'll be a matter of time that our neighbors will start to KB the Indons.

Secondly, wind direction has been kind to Jakarta where PSI range is still in the moderate range ~ it'll be interesting to see if the Indon cabinet still have a seated view of what's going with the haze when it starts blowing their direction..... Like someone mentioned in here that let's all chip in an SGD $1 each to fly the Indon environment minister (business class) and plant him in Hong Lim Park for a 2 day speech back-to-back ~ what do you reckon will happen to the poor chap.....??? Your guess is as good as mine ROFL
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:41 pm

Vinny wrote:
Bro Poresia,

Firstly, pollution index / living conditions in our neighbouring countries is often much higher than ours in SG, thus both people and gahmen are more resistant & tolerant towards haze or other environment impurities. However with the haze rising to such new heights, it'll be a matter of time that our neighbors will start to KB the Indons.

Secondly, wind direction has been kind to Jakarta where PSI range is still in the moderate range ~ it'll be interesting to see if the Indon cabinet still have a seated view of what's going with the haze when it starts blowing their direction..... Like someone mentioned in here that let's all chip in an SGD $1 each to fly the Indon environment minister (business class) and plant him in Hong Lim Park for a 2 day speech back-to-back ~ what do you reckon will happen to the poor chap.....??? Your guess is as good as mine ROFL

It is now moving to Thailand too .
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:54 pm

this is interesting: http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/singapore_hit_by_haze/1849774/indonesian_minister_on_haze_issue_dont_make_noise.html

they called it SHARING.

last nite, i just told my wife these reasons on why we cannot complain to WHO. Indo supplies us Gas, Pork and many other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:20 pm

poresia wrote:
this is interesting: http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/singapore_hit_by_haze/1849774/indonesian_minister_on_haze_issue_dont_make_noise.html

they called it SHARING.

last nite, i just told my wife these reasons on why we cannot complain to WHO. Indo supplies us Gas, Pork and many other stuff.

yes poresia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)   Change of Wind Direction! (Haze) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Change of Wind Direction! (Haze)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next