Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag?

Go down 
+3
ralphlim
Technospaz
Cnng121
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cnng121
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Cnng121

Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag? Empty
PostSubject: Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag?   Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:14 am

How do you pack your golf travel bag? With or without the rain cover? The cover doesnt offer any protection as i see it. Do you use a club restraint without cover or with cover?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag?   Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:21 am

I assume you mean the golf bag hood/cover?

I use the cover but I stuff towels inside as well. This provides additional padding for the clubs.

All that said, buy travel insurance for additional peace of mind.
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag?   Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:23 am

this is my advice to protect your clubs during overseas travel for games:
 - make sure all iron heads have fishy/headcovers
 - wrap a towel around all the covered heads
 - yes pls use rain cover
 - then put into travel case/bag
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag?   Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:33 am

I dont ....just stuff my irons and put my boston bag on top protecting the driver.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag?   Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:35 am

Duval_S wrote:
I dont ....just stuff my irons and put my boston bag on top protecting the driver.

Do you also use your $59 pair of shoes to cover the driver and fw heads? Wink
Back to top Go down
Cnng121
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Cnng121

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag?   Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 10:11 am

Anyone tried putting the iron heads in first with the grip up? Is this workable? My problem is with the drivers, shud i wrap it together with the irons or separately? Last time i left them separate and have the iron heads below end up with a broken driver...
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag?   Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:29 am

You can go to Daiso and buy an inflatable swimming board to use it to wrap around your clubs for protection. $2 only.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag?   Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:59 am

towels.  bath towels wrap iron heads and driver shaft.
Back to top Go down
schnell
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
schnell

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag?   Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:11 pm

Usually I wrap them with my golf clothes to buffer..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag?   Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you have your rain cover on when you fit your golfbag in the travel bag?
Page 1 of 1